GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

05-08-2018, 09:09 AM   #89
Zayzel
IG: @Zayzel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Atlantis Metallic M3

You handing out jobs? I'll take one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Anyone who says you're too young to afford a luxury car, or preaches the whole "don't exceed ____ amount of your income" - fuck them.

I know what it's like to be young and wanting nothing more than an M vehicle. My advice to you is do what makes you happy. Tomorrow is not guaranteed- just don't be in debt already, and obviously- if you have a family already (children for instance) then I don't recommend a luxury ride quite yet.

However/ if you're single, no kids- &you're a hard worker, chances are you'll likely spend a lot of time driving and in your car. I remember my first M, I was 22, and no matter what shitty day I had, NOTHING inspired me or made me feel better about myself than turning on that car and listening to the beautiful cold start of my e92 m3.

Fast forward 6 years- I've had that e92 m3, 2 m6s, 2 i8s and a huracan. Do I exceed more than 30 %of my income? Nope. But it's not on purpose- and even if I did, I fucking love my life, and I regret absolutely nothing.

If I had listened to all these old geezers, I'd be stuck in an accord until I'm 40, but rather that/ I just continued to work harder, continue generating more and more income, leased rides, bought beautiful property with the bulk of my earnings- and at 28, have a whole lot more to show for it than if I were to have been conservative.

So again, do what makes you happy. I do recommend leasing, but whatever you do- just remember that none of these material things make you better than anyone else. So keep humble, work your ass off, enjoy your decision- and live life brother!
2018 F80 Atlantis Metallic DCT | ZCP | MS Springs | 20" Custom Vorsteiner VFN 512 | OEM CF Lip + Splitters | Injen Intake | EAS CF Seatbacks + Individual iND custom striping | OEM V2 Steering Wheel + custom trim | Pedal Haus | Remus Exhaust + AA Midpipe
IG: @Zayzel

Appreciate 1
FC236.00
      05-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #90
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
150k plus is not gonna happen unless you just got out of Med school. That’s the problem with the disillusionment of college. Parents convince their children college is the way to succeed but many times this is so far from the truth. I will not force any of my 4 kids to go to college. It will be an option. I went and got my BS which was about what it is a bunch of BS. Had I started my business rather than college I would most likely be a multi millionaire right now. I now earn high 6 figures and I’m chasing my dream of where I want to be and could have been had I not fallen for the college success lie society feeds all these kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boi222 View Post
Devry would get you 50k ... lol ...
Even at the top tech startups or banks ... I can't see a new grad with 0 work experience getting 150k+ with just an undergrad degree... MBA maybe
Appreciate 1
boi222187.00
      05-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #91
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebbnsx View Post
150k plus is not gonna happen unless you just got out of Med school. That’s the problem with the disillusionment of college. Parents convince their children college is the way to succeed but many times this is so far from the truth. I will not force any of my 4 kids to go to college. It will be an option. I went and got my BS which was about what it is a bunch of BS. Had I started my business rather than college I would most likely be a multi millionaire right now. I now earn high 6 figures and I’m chasing my dream of where I want to be and could have been had I not fallen for the college success lie society feeds all these kids.
That is a ridiculous generalization. Academically, the major you choose is just as important as the decision to go to college itself. Sure if you choose some liberal arts major or something general you wont automatically be on the path to financial success. But if you choose something specialized and in demand (engineering, accounting, IT, law, medicine, etc) you will be on the right track.

Even if you plan to start your own business, choosing a major such as business/finance/accounting can help immensely in building a knowledge base.
Appreciate 1
bm4w145.50
      05-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #92
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebbnsx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
That is a ridiculous generalization. Academically, the major you choose is just as important as the decision to go to college itself. Sure if you choose some liberal arts major or something general you wont automatically be on the path to financial success. But if you choose something specialized and in demand (engineering, accounting, IT, law, medicine, etc) you will be on the right track.

Even if you plan to start your own business, choosing a major such as business/finance/accounting can help immensely in building a knowledge base.
I will encourage my kids to go to college if only for the reason that I did a lot of growing up there. tebbnsx, perhaps you would have started a business earlier if you hadn't gone to college, but perhaps you needed what you learned in college (not necessarily in the classroom), to consider that option.

I, for one, chose the wrong major. Not that the experience didn't contribute to who I am today, but I went back for my second BS because I found my first BS to be of no use to me. Ultimately I didn't finish my second degree and went in a whole different direction. I'm now making well into the 6 figures also, but I sometimes wonder if I had choses a major that actually applied to my current career, I might be in the 7 figures instead. Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it?

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #93
ratedlemon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeitsphu View Post
Hey all! I just finished college and picked up a decent job. Being 24 turning 25 this year I don't have many bills aside from phone and apartment. I'm looking at either financing a brand new f80, getting a CPO or going with a lease. Currently have 20k or so saved up if I do decide to buy it. My concerns are I don't want to walk into a dealer blindly and not knowing how to haggle and end up getting rape on the F80 any inputs would help. A few questions I have are should I be buying a CPO or brand new? if I do end up leasing it and fall in love with the beauty and decide to keep should I finance the rest after the lease is over? I've never owned a BMW before if that helps to answer any of these questions. Thanks in advance!
Well my friend we are in the same boat.....I had just got hired in Jan got my car in april (bought used) my first bmw ever.....at 24 I may add. I mean if its something you really want go for it. But if your hardly driving I'd lease because in 2-3 years where u decide you want something else or get tired of the car easier to jump. Congrats on finishing school and getting your job man.
Appreciate 0