proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

05-03-2018, 03:55 AM   #1
dopeitsphu
Rep
Drives: none yet

Been deciding about pulling the trigger on a new M3 and I've finally made my decision. You only live once - might as well enjoy it while I'm young and single!

Now the tricky part is that I've never bought/leased a car before. Being my first lease, I want to get the best deal as possible on it. I lurk the forums during my free time and have seen people speak about discounts etc.

My questions are:
  • How do I go about ordering one? Would it need to be via online or can I go into a dealer?
  • Would I need to put down a deposit?
  • What will be the prices I'm looking at for the competition/executive package?
Reason why I'm going with a lease is because I don't know if I'd like the F80 after a year or so. If I do end up enjoying I will be looking to buy it after the lease. I know its a bad choice to buy after lease because I would end up paying more for the car, but it is the best choice for me in my opinion.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 05:49 AM   #2
instarand
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

There are lots of threads about discounts, lease rates, etc. Search around you'll find everything you need, specifically in the pricing thread.

However, you may have a hard time finding an allocation to build one new. You might have to find one on a dealer lot (check cars.com) or you may have to purchase CPO.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
qskid28
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeitsphu View Post
Been deciding about pulling the trigger on a new M3 and I've finally made my decision. You only live once - might as well enjoy it while I'm young and single!

Now the tricky part is that I've never bought/leased a car before. Being my first lease, I want to get the best deal as possible on it. I lurk the forums during my free time and have seen people speak about discounts etc.

My questions are:
  • How do I go about ordering one? Would it need to be via online or can I go into a dealer?
  • Would I need to put down a deposit?
  • What will be the prices I'm looking at for the competition/executive package?
Reason why I'm going with a lease is because I don't know if I'd like the F80 after a year or so. If I do end up enjoying I will be looking to buy it after the lease. I know its a bad choice to buy after lease because I would end up paying more for the car, but it is the best choice for me in my opinion.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.
Congrats, I was in same boat as you about 2-3 months ago. My hunt took that long but primarily because it took about 1-2 months for dealerships to admit to me they had no allocation. On that note and to highlight what instarand has told you, BMW has stopped taking custom build orders for the F80 M3. I was pretty heartbroken seeing as how this was my dream car to get for the past 10 or so years. see thread here: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1480048&page=7

As far as pricing/negotiating, this thread is a great resource that educated me on deals people were getting: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...49306&page=140

To answer your questions:

You will most likely need to browse dealership on-lot inventory. Because you'll be buying off the lot, you won't need to place a deposit since it's assumed you'd be driving off with it once deal is finalized. Prices for competition & executive should land you around $80k for sticker - see thread above on how folks have negotiated this.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
instarand208.50
      05-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #4
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
There are some allocations left out there but they are getting few and far between. If you order a car you have to find a dealer with an allocation. I’d be skeptical of a dealer who doesn’t have one but tells you they can get one. Allocations are usually awarded to dealers at the end of the first week of each month. My guess is that June will be the last month dealers will receive 2018 model year allocations. If you find one usually a $1,000 down payment should suffice. I would never advise buying a car after lease end, you will pay more per month than a new car would cost you to lease and bmw offers lease loyalty discounts. Not to mention the car coming off of your lease will be nearing or at the end of warranty. Not sure why anyone would ever buy their car after lease end. Can’t imagine you won’t like an M3/4 they are the best car out there in terms of driving experience, looks and value. Nothing else comes close in my opinion . Your best bet is to find a lot car that matches the specs you want, dealers can offer a better deal compared to ordering a car from the factory. As others have said, check cars.com. Good luck.

Last edited by Bch53211; 05-13-2018 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
instarand208.50
      05-13-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Are you fully committed to new and not CPO/pre-owned? Per your other thread you may want to reconsider but if your mind is made up then hey it's your choice.

The simple answers are:

Q: How do I go about ordering one? Would it need to be via online or can I go into a dealer?
A: Go on autotrader.com, cargurus.com, etc. and find a dealer locally with inventory on the lot. Call to suss it out then walk in. Or just call around and ask about allocations but there aren't many left.

Q: Would I need to put down a deposit?
A: Yes. Depending on your credit history/score it may be a small deposit or a large deposit. Have you begun searching for loans yet or talking to BMW FS? That would be step 1.

Q: What will be the prices I'm looking at for the competition/executive package?
A: Are you asking how much those packages cost? The configurator lays it all out...
      05-13-2018, 05:51 PM   #6
F80zcp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Tanzanite F80 ZCP

You will be very lucky to find an allocation at this point.
Appreciate 1
instarand208.50
      05-13-2018, 07:19 PM   #7
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
If you are planning on ordering, don't expect to get a great deal at this point unless you know someone IMO. Honestly, I doubt you'll even be able to order one at this point at all. You're better off searching the US for in-stock cars that meet your needs.
      05-14-2018, 02:19 AM   #8
KaleZ
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Xdrive

Try taking over someone's lease. I always see a very well equipped M3 on here for a lease takeover or a purchase from a forum member. Check the section for it
Appreciate 0