Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

07-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #155
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by accce View Post
Can the satellite radio be activated with codeing?
Kinda. ... you can buy an fsc from some sellers out there for about $100 (not me) and load it with coding cable and software to activate Sirius
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 02:53 AM   #156
Steveo
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Is there not a coding available to have an option in idrive for day time running lights on or off? It's not there on M4.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 02:54 AM   #157
Steveo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillpusher84 View Post
f020 project should be selected
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 05:01 AM   #158
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
Is there not a coding available to have an option in idrive for day time running lights on or off? It's not there on M4.
I will look at the cafd file for hu_nbt again and see if I find a field to enable that .... Very weird that isn't there as it has been on both my 5ers ... Do you know if it's std on the f30/32?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 07:09 AM   #159
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
Quote:
I will look at the cafd file for hu_nbt again and see if I find a field to enable that .... Very weird that isn't there as it has been on both my 5ers ... Do you know if it's std on the f30/32?
The option is already in iDrive, you don't need to code for it. I confirmed this during my test drive a couple weeks ago, but didn't think to take a picture.

nevermind, I lied, attached is the photo I took:
Attached Images

Instagram: IMrMark

Last edited by IMrMark; 07-06-2014 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: photo monkey
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 07:29 AM   #160
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Coding

THANK YOU @pillpusher84 you da man!!!

I can't wait to connect that cable you shipped to me and change some of the settings to finally take advantage of what the car can really offer instead of everything being locked out!

Now for the gazillion dollar question: There is already a recall on the M4's and one is to replace the turbo hoses (shockingly) and the second which concerns me the most (for obvious reasons) is a change in the ECU programming which supposedly resets the ECU completely after it is applied. My question is, will this affect any changes made to coding prior to that "ECU flash"?
      07-06-2014, 07:52 AM   #161
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspyrops View Post
THANK YOU @pillpusher84 you da man!!!

I can't wait to connect that cable you shipped to me and change some of the settings to finally take advantage of what the car can really offer instead of everything being locked out!

Now for the gazillion dollar question: There is already a recall on the M4's and one is to replace the turbo hoses (shockingly) and the second which concerns me the most (for obvious reasons) is a change in the ECU programming which supposedly resets the ECU completely after it is applied. My question is, will this affect any changes made to coding prior to that "ECU flash"?
Man - I am hoping/assuming that whenever a recall like this goes out that ongoing production vehicles automatically get update i.e. that the parts line in the assembly process is one of the first to be updated. Am I being naive? My car will be built in August and just want the latest updates in ether already! What exactly I wonder are they re-programming the ECU for - don't want to take this thread off topic but very interested - were other details supplied - simply fine tuning?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #162
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Man - I am hoping/assuming that whenever a recall like this goes out that ongoing production vehicles automatically get update i.e. that the parts line in the assembly process is one of the first to be updated. Am I being naive? My car will be built in August and just want the latest updates in ether already! What exactly I wonder are they re-programming the ECU for - don't want to take this thread off topic but very interested - were other details supplied - simply fine tuning?
I am hopeful for the same thing.. on my list of "must ask" questions for when I do pickup in a couple weeks.
Instagram: IMrMark
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 08:55 AM   #163
Caelric
Banned
Rep
Drives: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
What exactly I wonder are they re-programming the ECU for - don't want to take this thread off topic but very interested - were other details supplied - simply fine tuning?
They are raising the boost, adding about 100 rwhp. But you have to know the secret code.

up-down-up-down-left-right-b-a-start

On a serious note, given that it is a recall rather than a Technical Service Bulletin (which is more like an advisory), it's highly likely that they will be applying the fix to allcars that are in production or haven't even started production yet. Generally cheaper to do it before it leaves the factory, rather than having to bring them back to the dealerships to do.

Doesn't mean I am not going to check all my hose clamps when I get my M4 in October.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #164
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelric View Post
They are raising the boost, adding about 100 rwhp. But you have to know the secret code.

up-down-up-down-left-right-b-a-start

On a serious note, given that it is a recall rather than a Technical Service Bulletin (which is more like an advisory), it's highly likely that they will be applying the fix to allcars that are in production or haven't even started production yet. Generally cheaper to do it before it leaves the factory, rather than having to bring them back to the dealerships to do.

Doesn't mean I am not going to check all my hose clamps when I get my M4 in October.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #165
Steveo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Mine didn't have it enabled, strange as my M5 had it....
found the code from F10 coding pdf:

HU_NBT
DAYDRIVING_LIGHT
standard / Werte=02

Now have a choice to switch it off
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #166
lugnutm4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 MW M4

Question

So what do these 2 code changes do?

Enable Active Sound Design ConfigurationMenu???

Navi Trip-Import???
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #167
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnutm3 View Post
So what do these 2 code changes do?

Enable Active Sound Design ConfigurationMenu???
Disables the piping of engine sounds through the speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnutm3 View Post
Navi Trip-Import???
No clue.
      07-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #168
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspyrops View Post
Disables the piping of engine sounds through the speakers.

No clue.
Navi trip import allows you to import a route to your car via usb that was saved via google maps and the like on your computer ... useless in my opinion as I use "send to car" feature and it shows up as an office message in idrive
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #169
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Got my cable!

@Pillpusher84 you da MAN!!!
      07-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #170
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Can I use my cable and E-Sys as a diagnostic tool? To read codes and reset them etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #171
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3 View Post
Can I use my cable and E-Sys as a diagnostic tool? To read codes and reset them etc.
Yes ... Download BMW standard tools and use tool 32

Email me and I'll send you a link to the download
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #172
XPNY
M4 Redliner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Silverstone/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillpusher84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
@PillPusher84: I highly appreciate your efforts in helping forum members. I would love to have you help me code my F80 which should arrive in the states from ED by end of July. I would like to actually meet up and see how this is done first hand and happy to meet you at a location most convenient for you. I am only 1 hour away from central Jersey area. I especially would love to restore the adaptive features to the lighting package as this would help me out a lot where I live that has some great backcountry roads for driving although somewhat dark. I will send you a PM with my contact info and if you can respond with same I can get back with you when I return from Germany in June to see what we can do.

I was also wondering if there was a menu of options for coding available that you could throw up on the forum to see whats possible and save time when actually ready to code. I have no doubt that anyone in this forum would be thrilled to pay a nominal fee for a cable and your time to code desired features and I will establish the price for you. $49.99!! I was actually thinking of planning an event in September with a tailgate and cruise for Greater Philly area and you should setup a station! I can call it "Bimmers, Beef, and Chips" yeah that works
Sure ... I wouldn't mind helping you out at all or coding at your event. I will put up a list of things that can be coded currently on the F30 series vehicles, however I have not had a chance to get on an F80/F82 yet, so I'm sure there will definitely be more options available for us to work with on the M3/M4s vs the not ///M models of those cars.
Hey Pill pusher
Where are you located? I'm expecting delivery of my M4 in a few weeks. I'm in north Jersey. If you aren't too far and if you don't mind, I would like to meet with you personally to code my car and for some insite. Thanx
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #173
bdoooh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 SSII M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspyrops
@Pillpusher84 you da MAN!!!
+100000

This guy has gotten me everything I've needed to get up & going with coding. It was super easy after the initial setup! Coding was a success!

So far I've disabled the disclaimers, set the AC to remember the last setting, and the ability to roll up the windows with the key fob.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #174
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPNY View Post
Hey Pill pusher
Where are you located? I'm expecting delivery of my M4 in a few weeks. I'm in north Jersey. If you aren't too far and if you don't mind, I would like to meet with you personally to code my car and for some insite. Thanx
Exit 117 on gsp ... We can setup any time that works out for the two of us around our schedules ... I would love to see one of the new F82s in person

Email me and I'll send you my cell # and we can work out the details

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 03:06 AM   #175
XPNY
M4 Redliner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Silverstone/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillpusher84
Quote:
Hey Pill pusher
Exit 117 on gsp ... We can setup any time that works out for the two of us around our schedules ... I would love to see one of the new F82s in person

Email me and I'll send you my cell # and we can work out the details

Cool. Don't know how far that exit is from me but we'll work it out. I'm in Hackensack. Right off rt 80. I'll be in touch. Thanx
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #176
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cool. Don't know how far that exit is from me but we'll work it out. I'm in Hackensack. Right off rt 80. I'll be in touch. Thanx
I'm about 30-40 minutes south of you ... depending on how slow you drive

I do come up to north jersey 1-2 weekends a month to visit family in Saddle Brook - exit 159 on GSP
Appreciate 0