Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-21-2017, 06:59 AM   #23
Judd
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Now! View Post
DSC (corrected) on or off, and mine is a MY15. The SW was updated to correct an error.

My impression from before and after driving is that the turbos spin up several hundred RPM later, and the curve to full boost takes longer. Full boost now seems a lot closer to 3K. Corroborating this, in another thread a forum member pointed to a recent dyno showing max torque at around 3K.

The good news is that it addresses some of the really egregious wheelspin, and also that full power is clearly still there (you get wheelspin in the first two or three gears). Think I like it better, it takes a bit less attention - BUT, it was also fun to successfully manage the power.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, the car is more fun and relaxing to drive now, so it's hard to argue.

Cheers
I had my Software updated in June. At first the car felt very different, like it was actually a little more manageable in stop and go traffic at low RPM. Seemed like it was tamed down a bit, less edgy and jerky.

I then coded euro MDM as I thought maybe the DSC was kicking in. I felt this software update was a step backwards initially(less raw) but to be honest the car absolutely feels much better in day to day driving. And I don't feel I lost anything while driving a little spirited. Still have the pogoing at times, although I have eliminated much of that just by changing up my seating position and foot position on the pedal. Use that little heel catch.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 04:21 AM   #24
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

I had the software updated on mine last month as part of the MP HAS installation and I agree with the observations of the OP.

The character of the car and the torque delivery has changed, I used to gear up to avoid wheel spin I now have to gear down to get it going.

It's been catching me out lately and seems to have gotten "worse", as per OP before the car would rocket away at just about any revs now I'm dropping 2 or 3 gears to get the same shove on the motorway coming from 7th.

The plus side is the car is more controllable on country roads, before I'd gingerly apply the throttle as I went past cars on moorland b roads managing the traction and short shifting, now I can (and need to) hammer it in 2nd/3rd but it grips and goes.

Just like my e92 M3 used to do.
      09-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #25
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Well, would be nice to know what SW Version and what was on it before the flash.
I had 11/16 and now 07/17 almost without feeling any difference.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #26
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figurka View Post
Well, would be nice to know what SW Version and what was on it before the flash.
I had 11/16 and now 07/17 almost without feeling any difference.
I'm on this now F020-17-07-504 my car is a 02/16 build I can't remember the version before but it was old.

I felt the difference as soon as I drove out of the dealership and the car was up to temp.
      09-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #27
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

So you had definitely 2015 SW on it.

Thanks
Appreciate 0