ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

06-03-2022, 11:21 PM   #23
3MOS
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritz27 View Post
It's certainly an improvement over stock, but ultimately if you want to drive down your laptimes more, you will need something better. It's just simply too underdamped/sprung for when you get faster, in terms of body roll as well as front-end dive under hard braking. Just all depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go and how you want to balance with street manners and the $$ required to achieve that...
I've come around to this conclusion over time as well. Definitely enjoyed the improvement over stock and keeping my warranty intact (at the time), but you end up having to drive around the fact that the car needs some time to settle and doesn't like fast transitions.

In hindsight, I'd stay stock or dive into a real coilover setup (and do the camber plates at the time the coilovers are installed to save on labor). Further hindsight - I would have skipped EDC entirely.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 05:11 AM   #24
Keca10
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 M3 ZCP / '20 X3 M40i

What would be a real coilover setup that people recommend then?
Appreciate 0