Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

05-09-2017, 10:03 PM   #177
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofighter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMM2 View Post
Hello, I was just wondering if there are any Canadians on this board that are able to track a vehicle on CN Rail using just the VIN? I noticed M4Start can track rail cars, but I haven't been able to find out that information. All my SA has been able to tell me is that my car is on the train.
Cheers!
Also curious on this, the Otello just arrived at the port but I'm guessing it will take a solid week for customs to process the car since it came from an ED.
ED cars don't get on a train. They are trucked directly from the port to your home dealership. Hansens is most likely the carrier, you can track your car via their site.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #178
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
ED cars don't get on a train. They are trucked directly from the port to your home dealership. Hansens is most likely the carrier, you can track your car via their site.
Oh that's interesting, never heard of that but good to know. Wonder why they are not put on the train, seems a bit inefficient/expensive but then again, I'm not a logistics expert.

Last edited by zerofighter; 05-09-2017 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 01:56 AM   #179
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Why? Don't they start off at Halifax as well?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 06:00 AM   #180
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Quote:
Why? Don't they start off at Halifax as well?
Yes the they hit Canadian soil in Halifax via boat. An ED car is tagged with a higher priority than other cars thus skips the train ride.

Why they do it could be insurance, could be the fact the customer has been paying for a car they have not had for ~2 months. Whatever the case maybe. I was just told P1 car.

The end result is you get your car faster. That's all that matters
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #181
Yaely007
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Yes the they hit Canadian soil in Halifax via boat. An ED car is tagged with a higher priority than other cars thus skips the train ride.

Why they do it could be insurance, could be the fact the customer has been paying for a car they have not had for ~2 months. Whatever the case maybe. I was just told P1 car.

The end result is you get your car faster. That's all that matters
When you say ED do you mean electric cars?
I am expecting my i3 and was hoping to get it faster.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #182
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaely007 View Post
ED = European Delivery.

It's when you order your car through a dealership here, but then go for the delivery of the car to the headoffice in Germany. You then have the opportunity to drive it around in Europe upto a certain number of days (depending on insurance). Finally you leave it at one of the designated ports and catch the flight back. then you wait for your car to continue it's journey to Canada. Reaches halifax and then the trucking/train from there.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #183
Yaely007
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
ED = European Delivery.

It's when you order your car through a dealership here, but then go for the delivery of the car to the headoffice in Germany. You then have the opportunity to drive it around in Europe upto a certain number of days (depending on insurance). Finally you leave it at one of the designated ports and catch the flight back. then you wait for your car to continue it's journey to Canada. Reaches halifax and then the trucking/train from there.
I see! So my electric car will go through the same process.. damn ! Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #184
xfactor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M4 6MT ZCP (AY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaely007 View Post
ED = it for those guys who can't get it up anymore. They've already suffered enough, so might as well give them the car as soon as possible right.
      05-28-2017, 07:22 PM   #185
Kabbochi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 4 series cab

car tracking help

Hi all,
I've just discovered this forum and i've found myself a bit anxious regarding the location of my car. I've managed to track the car to halifax but nothing further. I am in vancouver and the car is supposed to arrive within the first week of june, however the dealers system is now showing june 25th. my vin is WBA4Z7C57JEA33296If any one could provide any assistance in tracking that would be great.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #186
01ON19
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabbochi View Post
Hi all,
I've just discovered this forum and i've found myself a bit anxious regarding the location of my car. I've managed to track the car to halifax but nothing further. I am in vancouver and the car is supposed to arrive within the first week of june, however the dealers system is now showing june 25th. my vin is WBA4Z7C57JEA33296If any one could provide any assistance in tracking that would be great.
Cars are hard to track once they arrive in Halifax. Autoport is reported to be very congested. Your car is probably still sitting there. Best source of info is your dealer unless you have contacts at BMW or CN.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 11:45 PM   #187
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuck View Post
Cars are hard to track once they arrive in Halifax. Autoport is reported to be very congested. Your car is probably still sitting there. Best source of info is your dealer unless you have contacts at BMW or CN.
That would explain a lot why I haven't received my car yet nor is it showing up on Hansens. What's your source on the autoport congestion?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #188
FastEddie
EBJL
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 6MT, '10 X6, '07 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuck View Post
That would explain a lot why I haven't received my car yet nor is it showing up on Hansens. What's your source on the autoport congestion?
Same exact thing with my car. It was discharged from Halifax on May 18, 2017 but has not showed up on Hansen's yet. My dealer claims that it's at the autoport in Concord and it's been sitting there for weeks. Not sure why it's taking this long.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 01:41 AM   #189
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
Same exact thing with my car. It was discharged from Halifax on May 18, 2017 but has not showed up on Hansen's yet. My dealer claims that it's at the autoport in Concord and it's been sitting there for weeks. Not sure why it's taking this long.
My car finally showed up on Hansens and was picked up at the Calgary autoport today with expected delivery at my dealership on the 7th. Not sure why it takes 5 days to get trucked across the city.

It appears that my car was shipped to Calgary via train opposed to being trucked by Hansens since it was an ED car.

My drop off to delivery schedule has been so far;
-Apr 12 - dropped off car in Frankfurt
-Apr 28 - loaded on boat
-May 12 - received at the Halifax autoport
-June 2 - received at the Calgary autoport
-June 7 - expected to be delivered to Calgary dealership
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #190
Yaely007
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
My car arrived at Halifax on May 25th and it's now on the way to Toronto
Expected to be at the dealership on June 6. So 12 days total.. I hope that this will give people some hope

Last edited by Yaely007; 06-04-2017 at 07:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #191
01ON19
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
My car finally showed up on Hansens and was picked up at the Calgary autoport today with expected delivery at my dealership on the 7th. Not sure why it takes 5 days to get trucked across the city.
Great news Zero! My ED car arrived Halifax May 9 and I still have no idea where it is. Your car will likely be delivered to dealer much faster than Hansen's says.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 09:58 PM   #192
xfactor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M4 6MT ZCP (AY)

My Car arrived at Halifax Port last week and just got clearance to be put on the rail towards Concord Ontario. 10-15 days + however long to get it to Parkview. Guess time to put the old E92 up for sale.
      07-04-2017, 06:34 AM   #193
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328d xDrive M-S M-P

Can someone help me track my car, with CN rail? It was discharged by WWL on the 30th and should be on a train.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 11:55 AM   #194
Hami_x1
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1

I ordered mine in end of May, and just yesterday noticed it is delivered in Halifax.
It's unfortunate we could track it all the way over seas to Halifax but can't do that in the rail road.

I should say that was a exciting journey tracing it from Germany to home. Love it.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 02:19 PM   #195
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

First off, great information on this thread!!

Well, i am told my car will be departing on the Morning Classic ship on Oct 24 and arrive in Halifax on Nov 6.

Can i track where my car is now before it gets to the port?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #196
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabolica View Post

Well, i am told my car will be departing on the Morning Classic ship on Oct 24 and arrive in Halifax on Nov 6.

Nope, but count on it being around 1 week from completion date to when your car is at the port. And once it's at the port, there's a slight delay for when your car shows up on the ship's manifest. So by the time your car shows up, the boat may have already set sail. That's when the fun begins. Tracking it across the ocean.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 05:40 PM   #197
DREAM M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY17 San Marino M3 Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstF80InSpace View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabolica View Post

Nope, but count on it being around 1 week from completion date to when your car is at the port. And once it's at the port, there's a slight delay for when your car shows up on the ship's manifest. So by the time your car shows up, the boat may have already set sail. That's when the fun begins. Tracking it across the ocean.
Ah I remember that experience. Was pretty cool. But didn't like it when the car landed in Halifax and I didn't have any visibility.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 06:46 PM   #198
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstF80InSpace View Post
What about the Connected Drive Professional thingy? Doesn't that give you GPS coordinates of where your car is? I have no idea since i haven't signed up yet for it.
Appreciate 0