GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

11-13-2016, 10:13 AM   #199
kj71109
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24 X5 40i

Sold my set.

Last edited by kj71109; 11-15-2016 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: sold
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #200
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

What is everyone torquing their lug nuts to? The apex information sheet said 85-90 ft-lb.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 10:35 PM   #201
The Father
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

So my wheels are on my car, but the TPMS throws an error.

Apex confirmed they sent out the correct part number. The only solution is to dismount a tire and confirm the part number. Only if the part number were incorrect would they then reimburse me.

I have no doubt the part number will match up, so I'm not going to go down that money hole. However, I do believe they have the incorrect part number for early '08 production models.

So I'm out $200...and I have an annoying f'n error light on my dash!!! Consider this post info for '08 model years. Get your TPMS elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 01:11 PM   #202
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Father View Post
So my wheels are on my car, but the TPMS throws an error.

Apex confirmed they sent out the correct part number. The only solution is to dismount a tire and confirm the part number. Only if the part number were incorrect would they then reimburse me.

I have no doubt the part number will match up, so I'm not going to go down that money hole. However, I do believe they have the incorrect part number for early '08 production models.

So I'm out $200...and I have an annoying f'n error light on my dash!!! Consider this post info for '08 model years. Get your TPMS elsewhere.
We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties with setting up the new TPMS sensors. Although the occurrence is rare, when a customer presents us with this type of issue, naturally our first action is to verify the customers BMW model and year of production. This can be done by providing us with your production date, or the last 7 of your VIN.

Once our team is able to verify that the correct part number was in fact selected by either the customer or sales person (depending on how the order was entered), the next step is to verify that the TPMS sensors received by the customer also match up - eliminating the possibility of a mis-shipment. The only way to verify this, is to physically look at one of the sensors.

If a mis-shipment has occurred, and the customer was shipped the incorrect sensors, we will promptly send the customer a return shipping label, as well as provide them with the correct components for re-installation.

The idea is to eliminate the possibility of installation error, or an error in the syncing process itself.

I will send you a PM so that we can get you back on the road ASAP, and we greatly appreciate your business.

- Ryan