Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-03-2015, 04:16 PM   #45
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSide24 View Post
Having picked up my car yesterday I did a mixture of city and motorway driving. The car (Sakhir Orange) received more attention than I expected; it was unanimously positive. I think the M3/M4 is still pretty rare in the UK and the colour inevitably attracts more attention...so long as it stays positive I don't mind.
+1 I've had my SO M4 three months now and I'm getting the same reactions you are. As far as I know, mine is still the only Sakhir Orange M4 in the Sacramento area. M3/M4's are still pretty rare here, too, in the Central Valley of California. There is something special about the SO color that the other M3/M4 colors just don't have, especially with the SO full leather interior. It looks best outside in the California sunshine. I get compliments on my car everywhere I go, even from people who don't have the slightest idea what an M car is all about.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2015, 04:48 PM   #46
Carl L
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Had a 335 nearly lose control and wipe put trying to show off on the freeway in heavy rain over the weekend. Unfortunately, that's the latest in drivers who have decided to prove their manhood/womanhood by trying to race me and weave through traffic. The car's grey, stock and it's driven sedately (it's my wife's dd) when in traffic so I'd hoped we'd not get such attention but it's showing no signs of dying down after 5 months of ownership.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 07:33 PM   #47
jewels
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 & 2015 M4 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler9595 View Post
In my experience (10+ years driving several bimmers and one porsche), 99% of the public doesn't know an M4 from a belgian waffle.

I've only had one instance of road rage...and it was a situation where I was driving like a douchebag. I made a stupid move in traffic and a macho man thought it was his job to make me pay for it. I escaped unscathed but it scared the shit out of me. Now, I refrain from making stupid moves in traffic...problem solved.

The porsche cabriolet got lots of attention. Great car but I always felt like I was driving a parade float. Screw that.

I think the MG M4 blends in enough to stay under the radar...just the way I like it.
I feel much better fitting in now then I did in the GTR or GT-3....Just another Bimmer
      04-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #48
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

Leaving a Furious Seven movie and meet last night. Some scene kid in a lowered Subaru Forester with a coffee can muffler decided to tailgate and then gunned it after passing me at a light.

Meh? I guess he need to go to sleep that night with a smile on his face.
      04-05-2015, 09:06 AM   #49
/// M sa
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 MG

Main db in my area: s4, c63amg and bunch of little punks with e92ms that tail gate and rev their engines... I give them a thumbs up at the light as if the race is on i rev and rev and they take off and I just chill lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 10:20 AM   #50
Ian1973
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

I don't think people in my area really care about cars much, so I will probably be unnoticed.

Strangely I received some negativity with my 335 than I ever did my E46 M3, ranging from 'BMW drivers are ass holes", etc...

Since this will be my first new car, I sure hope I don't get a lot of jealousy and people vandalizing my car.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #51
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

On one of the main streets in Irvine, CA, I had a white 6-series come up very fast on me, then back off. Eventually they went past and it was a 650 with an M badge. No M6 badge...just the M
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #52
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by /// M sa View Post
Main db in my area: s4, c63amg and bunch of little punks with e92ms that tail gate and rev their engines... I give them a thumbs up at the light as if the race is on i rev and rev and they take off and I just chill lol.
I do the same thing ... the young'uns are hilarious. course I do this with Priuses too, but they're harder to provoke.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #53
/// M sa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I do the same thing ... the young'uns are hilarious. course I do this with Priuses too, but they're harder to provoke.
It really is funny my fiancé gets a kick out of it lol
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 03:57 PM   #54
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

I get a lot of thumbs up. Not too many middle fingers

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 12:48 AM   #55
mattspiral8
Private
Rep
Drives: SO F82 M4

Every single day i have someone try to race me or drive really close to my rear. i dont know why, i think Las vegas drivers have issues.

there are tons of 328i, and audi a4 owners in vegas. most of them are usually the people that work in the club industry (club promoter, club waitress). i know alot of these people in the industry and most of the industry personality is that they think they are the sh*t and best out there.
whenver they see my M4, jealousy probably kicks in and they realize they dont have the best, now they have to prove that by racing me they are better lol. Most of the time i let them have their way so their ego wont get hurt... but sometimes, its nice to shatter someones ego and show that our beautiful f8x arent cars to mess with.
However, i do get alot of people appreciating my car! i have a S0 M4 so it gets alot of attention and most of them are males in their 50s-60s. they love talking about how back in the day they had bmws and how they loved it.
im 26 and i notice the younger generation have more jealousy when they see our cars compared to the older generation. why cant we all just love each other
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 02:50 AM   #56
m4 java green
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 zcp Java Green

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.00]
Everyday I get thumbs up -- especially from kids. Everyone loves the green machine
      04-06-2015, 07:38 AM   #57
huatian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: SS M4

Trust me no one notices or cares.
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2015, 12:28 AM   #58
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathangracey View Post
Fair enough,
I guess what I meant was, if you want to attract a little attention a bright color
Will def. accomplish that. Not saying you bought red to get attention!
But guaranteed your car attracts more attention than my white one on stock 18s
My last car was a PTS Jazz blue carrera S. I LOVE bright colors.
But didn't like the attention.
And there's no question, a SO or YMB car looks amazing. Really brings out the
Details in our cars. IMHO these cars are about having a serious
Sports/supercar in disguise.
Depending on how much you want to flaunt that can have some influence on color choice. My opinion. No disrespect!
I have to disagree. The F8x are not as subtle or in disguise as you think. If you're talking about a wolf in sheep's clothing that's more M5 territory. The M3/4 are definitely more aggressive looking with the big hips, wide flares, hood bulge, cf roofs, big front air damns and scoops. Honestly I think the F8x should only come in loud colors BC these accentuate the agressive styling better and are more inline with slightly younger crowd than what the M5 would normally attract.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 01:53 AM   #59
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Get mostly nods and approval thumbs ups and once and a while a few "challenges" and c'mon race me attempts at times which I ignore. Lots of Mustangs, and a few Camaros and yes the Subaru's WRX's and tons of other Japanese cars. Mostly from the under 25 y/o crowd. I'm in my 40's so been there...done that. Just let em go by and keep it moving.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 04:21 AM   #60
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by erind
Oh where do I start. You guys know that gas costs almost 2$/liter in Europe so 99% of the people buy the 2.0 Diesel motor or the 1.8. So driving a car with +400Hp is very rare here. Yet still they want to race me everyday. I mean why in gods name would you do that? What do you want to prove with your 118d,320d,520d. The M4 is faster in reverse.

Same story on the highway. They come really close just behind me and flash with their lights. Sometimes I get pissed and the I floor it. In 2 sec I see them becoming a really small dot in my rearview mirror.
They go by the mentality of its not about what you drive, it's about how you drive! lol love the bit about the M4 being faster in reverse! Lol
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 07:08 AM   #61
BD SM3RF
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott
Quote:
Originally Posted by /// M sa View Post
Yeah provoking a Prius driver is almost unheard of. Not sure they even have a soul
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 07:21 AM   #62
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4
Mine is orange with an MPE so it actually attracts a good amount of attention.

I've had a family of Chinese tourists park their minivan to hop out and crowd around my car once.

I've had two guys with massive Nikon camera crouch down and take different angles while my girlfriend was in the car.

I've had a Huracan owner track me down just to talk cars.

I've had drunk people "woot" me on the street after hearing the exhaust.

I've been pulled over by a squad car just to ask exactly what it was.

I've gotten a lot of people to take a second look, mostly I think they are just trying to figure out exactly what it is. The color, noise, and headlights (LEDs) are probably what most people notice it.

Not much negative attention though. I think, for the most part, people either don't know/care what it is or if they do know what it is, they enjoy seeing something different.

I also haven't had many people edge me to race or anything, I wouldn't race anyways though. I had an old guy in a stingray rev his engine before turning once but that stuff doesn't phase me or anything. Generally, if someone in another 'performance' car sees me, they try to speed up to me just to get a closer look and then give me a thumbs up.

In conclusion, I only take my car out once or twice a week since I travel during the week and it's snowy here, so it has been a pretty good showing thus far.
I get exactly the same responses as you including being stopped by police just to ask what color it was. I'm orange also so it's the color. An people always drool over my color combo as I have SS interir which is hardly seen with SO. Even when I took it to the dealer 3 salesman 2 service advisors an a couple valet guys all came out crowded around it like they had never seen one an they had 4 m4s on their lot. (Mines an m3). Also whenu was n Europe people would always snap cell phone pics take videos ask to pose next to it Etc.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #63
Time
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
This kid was hanging out of a supra to take a pic of my car

04-07-2015, 07:52 AM   #64
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
This kid was hanging out of a supra to take a pic of my car

you got a sweet collection of cars!
      04-07-2015, 08:15 AM   #65
/// M sa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huatian View Post
Trust me no one notices or cares.
I guess you live where there are lots of Lambos for DD... Car gets noticed by almost everyone where I live and where I live is the richest county in the US so there are tons of nice cars
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 08:16 AM   #66
/// M sa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecleland View Post
Yeah provoking a Prius driver is almost unheard of. Not sure they even have a soul
The ones in my area are just bunch of morons, they speed like demons and then get in the left lane and slow down
Appreciate 0