Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-08-2017, 08:16 PM   #1
asuh1991
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i, M4, RRS Autobiography

buy my car out and upgrade VS lease new comp package?

Hi guys,

Lease is ending in under a year for my nonzcp 2016 m4. So right now I am wondering which route is better to take. I have my eye on the maserati gt but am hesitating because the new model will come out hopefully in a few years so I want to wait and see.

That leaves me with two choices, should I keep my current car and throw a hex tune + mp suspension on it? Or should I do a lease on the new competition package m4?

Basically, I am wondering if having that tune and suspension will bring my car up to ZCP levels (maybe even surpass it?)

thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 02:15 PM   #2
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuh1991 View Post
Hi guys,

Lease is ending in under a year for my nonzcp 2016 m4. So right now I am wondering which route is better to take. I have my eye on the maserati gt but am hesitating because the new model will come out hopefully in a few years so I want to wait and see.

That leaves me with two choices, should I keep my current car and throw a hex tune + mp suspension on it? Or should I do a lease on the new competition package m4?

Basically, I am wondering if having that tune and suspension will bring my car up to ZCP levels (maybe even surpass it?)

thank you!!
Losing 30 lbs and taking a driving class will bring your existing car up to or surpass ZCP levels.

The real question is, do you want an older non-ZCP car or a newer ZCP car?

You'll make the right choice.
Appreciate 1
RobbyMack738.50
      11-09-2017, 02:16 PM   #3
///MPE
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

ZCP + Mods
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 02:29 PM   #4
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

I would say ZCP + mods. Do it again before the G80 comes out. With that said, whatever you do, please don't get a Maserati.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 02:49 PM   #5
mrduder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Tune will for sure surpass the ZCP. I've had it for like a year and a half and it's been rock solid and amazinng. I'm in the same spot right now deciding what to do when my lease is up in less than a year.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #6
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Extend the lease for 1-2 months, because lease rates on MY18 don't make sense right now. Even then, by the time you get around to getting a new M4, it will more than likely come equipped with the steel driveshaft as opposed to CFRP.

Once the lease is up, find someone who's looking to get rid of their MY17 ZCP lease, and do a lease take over instead.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 03:10 PM   #7
espressoo
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 Comp|'23 X5 45e|'24 X7

Your decision might depend on the buyout amount and whether or not you can sell it outright or swap the lease. If you can get that accomplished without taking a hit, I say do it. Otherwise it will always be in the back of your mind.

Of course, if you're taking a $5K hit to get rid of your 2016 M4 then you might as well keep it. It just really depends on your market up in Canada for an M4. In the US, there's great incentives on buying a new M3/M4 right now. The downside is taking a huge hit if you already own one and trying to get rid of it. Some are trying to sell their used 2016-17 cars for ~$5-8K less than buying a brand new 2018.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 07:31 PM   #8
asuh1991
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i, M4, RRS Autobiography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
I would say ZCP + mods. Do it again before the G80 comes out. With that said, whatever you do, please don't get a Maserati.
See the thing is if I get the ZCP I would not want to mod it. Am I correct in thinking I am wasting the goodies that comes with the zcp if I mod the car? Like upgrading exhaust is a waste of the zcp exhaust, putting on a ecu tune will be wasting the zcp tune etc.

HAHAHAA everyone is telling me not to get it, I know its a pretty shitty car but I cannot get over the looks and sound of it.

I was also thinking M6 but its way too big.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 07:44 PM   #9
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
HAHAHAA everyone is telling me not to get it, I know its a pretty shitty car but I cannot get over the looks and sound of it
Easy solution! drive it.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #10
espressoo
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 Comp|'23 X5 45e|'24 X7

If you don't plan to mod the ZCP and actually value your factory warranty then you should go with that route and trade up.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #11
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
See the thing is if I get the ZCP I would not want to mod it. Am I correct in thinking I am wasting the goodies that comes with the zcp if I mod the car? Like upgrading exhaust is a waste of the zcp exhaust, putting on a ecu tune will be wasting the zcp tune etc.

HAHAHAA everyone is telling me not to get it, I know its a pretty shitty car but I cannot get over the looks and sound of it.

It depends on your definition of 'mod'. If you plan to go all out with mods (tune, wheels, suspension) you will essentially be paying for seats and some blacked out bits.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #12
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:

It depends on your definition of 'mod'. If you plan to go all out with mods (tune, wheels, suspension) you will essentially be paying for seats and some blacked out bits.
Don't forget the fast and furious seat belts
Appreciate 1
Clark_Kent2227.50
      11-10-2017, 01:35 PM   #13
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Don't forget the fast and furious seat belts
Ha! +1 for you sir. How could I forget about those?!
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2017, 01:06 PM   #14
ctgeorge
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: CIVIC M3

A tad off topic...I'm financing my base '16 at .09%. (BMW had a special back in 3/16 at time of purchase)..Considered getting a '18 ZCP with Individual, but with interest rates in the 3 to 4% range, then more $ to get paint protection, Springs or M Performance Suspension was not worth it in the end.

Getting VF Stage 1 and having my dealer install front/rear Dinan sway bars. Already have Eibachs and coded for CS EDC, GTS DTC, Rear Diff etc. The performance will exceed the ZCP package and questionably be as good or better than the CS....But with that said your gambling with the powertrain warranty. Something that's not a factor with a bone stock ZCP or the upcoming CS.

Last edited by ctgeorge; 11-11-2017 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #15
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgeorge View Post
A tad off topic...I'm financing my base '16 at .09%. (BMW had a special back in 3/16 at time of purchase)..Considered getting a '18 ZHP with Individual, but with interest rates in the 3 to 4% range, then more $ to get paint protection, Springs or M Performance Suspension was not worth it in the end.

Getting VF Stage 1 and having my dealer install front/rear Dinan sway bars. Already have Eibachs and coded for CS EDC, GTS DTC, Rear Diff etc. The performance will exceed the ZHP package and questionably be as good or better than the CS....But with that said your gambling with the powertrain warranty. Something that's not a factor with a bone stock ZHP or the upcoming CS.
ZHP? Do you mean ZCP?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #16
ctgeorge
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: CIVIC M3

Quote:
ZHP? Do you mean ZCP?
my bad, correct ZCP