Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

View Poll Results: Was this an ok, good or GREAT deal?
OK 7 22.58%
GOOD 8 25.81%
GREAT 16 51.61%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

10-31-2017, 12:20 PM   #23
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 M CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTK24 View Post
I assume when you first placed your deposit down you got a production number? (literally the day you put deposit down). If not, that is first red flag. You should have gotten a production number that day before you left the dealership.

I am not really liking the whole "If there was someone we could call we would" from your CA ... that is literally what the BMW genius line is for for a consumer.

Call them at 844 443-6487 and give them your production number. That person should be able to tell you what week your car is scheduled for production for, tentatively.

Obviously I don't know the whole story and only see the communication you posted with your CA, but just from that alone it would appear that your CA is not entirely forthcoming with all the info and I don't like that.

edit: sorry if you already mentioned, but is your car an individual order? (custom paint or custom interior? or even an "Individual" option like Nutmeg interior or Tanzanite paint? that could delay it).

Also, since your profile says you are located on east coast, there is still the possibility the car arrives in December of this year even if it doesnt start production until sometime in November.
Thank you for your input.
No, I was never given a production number. The Sales Manager just called me. He said something about the factory in Germany being closed down due to employee vacation, etc... I thought it was VERY weird as I don't think BMW would shut down an entire factory for employee vacation.
He asked me if my CA had given me the production number and I said no. He said that he should have and that he would provide it to me today. He did advise me that once I create and account and start tracking the car, the color I see online may be different but not to panic as this is normal. (Again, I thought it was weird!)

PS: This is not an individual order! So not individual color, interior, etc...

Thank you again.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 12:20 PM   #24
bb1857
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
My guess and it is just a guess is that they had someone come in after you and they were able to sell an M4 allocation at a much higher number than yours so you probably got bumped down the line in the dealers system.

I would be raising hell and make sure you get an allocation number. If you dont have one then they can keep pushing you down the line and keep giving you the same BS. Once you have the allocation number you can call BMW Genius and they will be able to update you on production status. That way you can bypass the dealer altogether.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2017, 12:30 PM   #25
JTK24
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-M4 View Post
No, I was never given a production number. The Sales Manager just called me. He said something about the factory in Germany being closed down due to employee vacation, etc... I thought it was VERY weird as I don't think BMW would shut down an entire factory for employee vacation.
He asked me if my CA had given me the production number and I said no. He said that he should have and that he would provide it to me today. He did advise me that once I create and account and start tracking the car, the color I see online may be different but not to panic as this is normal. (Again, I thought it was weird!)

Thank you again.
The summer shutdown for the factory is a real thing, I think, based on what i've seen on the forums. Strange sounding for us Americans, yes.

The fact that you never got a production number from your CA leads me to believe he took your deposit without ever having an allocation, or as another poster said gave your allocation to the next highest bidder. And the fact that the sales manager wouldn't provide you with your production number (if you have one) right there and then on the call is mind-boggling to me. It would have taken him all 10 seconds to look it up.

From the info you have provided, I personally would be extremely upset with this dealership (first world problems, obviously). You got a great deal on paper yes, but without a production number it is meaningless. If you don't get a production number today (and verify yourself by calling BMW genius on the production schedule for that number) I personally would strongly consider going to a different dealership.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 12:43 PM   #26
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep

The Sales Manager just sent me the production number. I created an account and this is what I see. (Please see attached picture)
I called BMW Genius and they said that they card is scheduled for production between Nov 13th - 19th. So, I FINALLY got some concrete information! Thank God you guys provided me with this number.
Even though this somehow better news, I can so see myself getting this car only at the beginning of January, which sucks as I was told it would arrive by the end of November or beginning of December. (Unless I'm wrong and I still get in in December!)
Thank you again guys!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-31-2017, 12:47 PM   #27
JTK24
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
The Sales Manager just sent me the production number. I created an account and this is what I see. (Please see attached picture)
I called BMW Genius and they said that they card is scheduled for production between Nov 13th - 19th. So, I FINALLY got some concrete information! Thank God you guys provided me with this number.
Even though this somehow better news, I can so see myself getting this car only at the beginning of January, which sucks as I was told it would arrive by the end of November or beginning of December. (Unless I'm wrong and I still get in in December!)
Thank you again guys!
keep BMW genius on speed dial my friend. and look through this thread:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1181156

if your production ends mid November, there is still the chance you get your car in late December. here's to hoping! : )
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2017, 12:55 PM   #28
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTK24 View Post
keep BMW genius on speed dial my friend. and look through this thread:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1181156

if your production ends mid November, there is still the chance you get your car in late December. here's to hoping! : )
I SOOOOOOOO hope you are right man!!!!
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 01:02 PM   #29
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:

Thank you again.
The piece on seeing a different color car or build once you create the account is accurate. That does happen at times. It usually changes to the build you ordered around the time the vehicle moves to the "Production Begins" phase. As for receiving the vehicle by the end of November or early December, that will not happen. You will most likely see the car sometime in January. Good luck and let us know if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 01:04 PM   #30
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
The piece on seeing a different color car or build once you create the account is accurate. That does happen at times. It usually changes to the build you ordered around the time the vehicle moves to the "Production Begins" phase. As for receiving the vehicle by the end of November or early December, that will not happen. You will most likely see the car sometime in January. Good luck and let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks! The car showed the right color once I created the account.
Yes, that's what BMW Genius said. Sometime in January. (PROJECTION)
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #31
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep

It FINALLY went into production!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!
I ended up adding the competition package. (Believe it or not, but I was one of those that did not see much value at first. I honestly only looked as the CP = 19 extra HP, and 19HP was not worth the extra $. Yes, I knew about the other extra things but not in depth. The seats GREW ON ME BIG TIME while I waited. Plus, call me stupid, but i learned later that you COULD get the CP with the 19" wheels. I thought you could NOT at all. I always thought you were stuck with the 20" wheels once you got the CP. I don't know if this is something I missed or BMW changed later)
The good thing too is that I ended up saving $1200 on the 19" as the CP does not charge extra for those wheels. It also comes with the black kidney grills, so some savings there too!)
Anyway... SOOOO happy right now. I cannot wait to get this car!!!

And as always, thank you for all your input guys.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0