Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

08-19-2014, 05:41 AM   #1
LDNA
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

PARKVIEW BMW service department NIGHTMARE!!!!!

Beware of Parkview BMW service department and their service manager Sandro Francavilla is HORRIBLE!!!!! I took my car to Parkview BMW for an oil change, got charged the $200+ but they did not change my oil. They insist they did so I am going to provide the pictures and facts and you decide.

- Friday took my car to Parkview BMW for an oil change. Got my car back and later noticed the oil service indicator was not reset. It still shows that I am due for an oil change. I then check the oil level and notice the oil looks pretty dirty for fresh oil. So I then took out the filter and know they definitely did not do the oil change.

- Took it back on Saturday but they had no managers in so the advisor told me I have to come back on Monday. The oil level was way past the max line on the dip stick (maybe the tech was nice enough to top off some fresh oil for me when I paid for an oil change). It was actually complete over the plastic part of the dip stick so I got them to at least drain some oil out for me. I was watching and it took the tech 5+ tries plus spraying stuff on the drain plug to get it out. Definitely should not be like this if an oil change was done the day before.

- Took it back on Monday and spoke with the service manager Sandro Francavilla. I was still being very polite because I understand shit happens and as long as the manager makes it right I am good. I showed him the pictures and his reply was "I asked the tech and he did perform an oil change. Are you aware what 0w-60 oil looks like? Is a darker colour then normal oil and the oil in your picture looks clean." YESSS I know what colour it is. I had my car for over 7 years and had cases of oil before!!! I completely lost it and you will see why when you look at the pictures. If you don't want to take responsibility at least take some effort to make up some bullshit. Don't f**king lie to my face. If this is the attitude of the service manager, I can't image the things the tech do and get away with and how many people with newer cars that does not have dipstick gets scam.

- Then spoke with the Fixed Operations Manager Frank Labidis, athought he did not admit that they did not perform the oil change which is not the right thing to do but understandable, he at least took the effort to make up some excuse on why the oil is so dirty. He agree to perform "another" oil change for me.

This is unacceptable in any dealership let alone a BMW dealership when I paid $200+ for the oil change. The most ridiculous thing is the service manager lying to my face. I honestly have no idea how he can look at the pictures of the oil filter and tell me it looks like fresh oil and keep a straight face. Can you guys/girls please help me spread this to more local car forums so people can be aware when they take their car in to Parkview BMW for service. Anyone know how I can contact Citytv to see if they are interested in this story. Here are the pictures. On the left is after the "first oil change" and the right after the real oil change.

Just to clear things up. My issue is more with the service manager Sandro Francavilla then Parkview BMW itself. I understand shit happens and would had given the tech and Parkview BMW the benefit of the doubt if the service manager would just agree to change my oil "again". I would not had made such a big deal about this. But telling me the colour of the filter and oil looks fine in the pictures is just plain lying to my face!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #2
M4CAB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cab

Your story and photos are compelling. If it were me, I would print a copy of you post and send it to Reg and Steve Quinn, owners of Parkview and 4 other Toronto area BMW dealerships. Give them the facts and ask for a reply. I have found that less bluster (e.g I will go to the local TV station about it) and more fact based evidence generates a more positive response and resolution. Parkview is known in my friendship circle as being a very responsive and professional dealership, but obviously the service manager needs to sharpen his focus on a customer first attitude.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #3
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Was this a F80-2 M3/4 ?If not why is that here?

By the way I have nothing but great service from Franco & Parkview over the years.Franco sorted out a replacement on my MPE last time I was in last time due to cracking.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #4
01ON19
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Was this a F80-2 M3/4 ?If not why is that here?

By the way I have nothing but great service from Franco & Parkview over the years.Franco sorted out a replacement on my MPE last time I was in last time due to cracking.
Can't be an F8x as he paid for oil change.

My experience with Parkview is mixed. Sometimes excellent, other times not.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4CAB View Post
Your story and photos are compelling. If it were me, I would print a copy of you post and send it to Reg and Steve Quinn, owners of Parkview and 4 other Toronto area BMW dealerships. Give them the facts and ask for a reply. I have found that less bluster (e.g I will go to the local TV station about it) and more fact based evidence generates a more positive response and resolution. Parkview is known in my friendship circle as being a very responsive and professional dealership, but obviously the service manager needs to sharpen his focus on a customer first attitude.
^ This.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #6
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuck View Post
Can't be an F8x as he paid for oil change.

My experience with Parkview is mixed. Sometimes excellent, other times not.
Given enough opportunities every dealer will experience issues with staff, products, communication or just an old fashion brain fart .

I rarely get too bent out of shape and go attack mode but when I have it never benefited the situation or my own well being. It's hard but keeping a calm attitude and sticking to the facts is the most effective approach especially if you plan to have future business at the establishment.

Good luck to you. I know this response is just prob going to amp you up further if in fact you are 100% correct in this situation. Don't mean to poke the beast just telling you what works for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #7
M4LAKA
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp

After my nightmare at town and country. Only a certain mechanic at Parkview is allowed to touch my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #8
LDNA
Private
Canada
Rep

I have an e46 m3. I posted here because I want more local people to be aware of the situation. And now that I cool down a bit I just want to clear things up. My issue is more with the service manager Sandro Francavilla then Parkview BMW itself. I understand shit happens and would had given the tech and Parkview BMW the benefit of the doubt if the service manager would made up some excuse to explain the colour and then change my oil "again". I would not had made such a big deal about this. But telling me the colour of the filter and oil looks fine in the pictures is just plain lying to my face!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 09:55 PM   #9
LDNA
Private
Canada
Rep

UPDATE: Today I got an email reply from BMW Canada which just says “We were sorry to read of your negative experience with Parkview BMW and also with Mr. Francavilla. Your comments regarding this incident have been documented and will be further reviewed interally. We thank you for taking the time to notify BMW Canada of your concerns.”, which to me sound like they don’t really care.

Sal Portelli, director of fixed operations for the Quinn Group which owns Parkview BMW contacted me by phone. He acknowledges my concerns and offered me a free oil change which seems kind of silly considered what happened, but I contacted them not for freebies but to let them know how their service department is being run so it does not matter and I did not take the free oil change. Sal did hook me up with a loaner car since I had an appointment with BMW Toronto to perform an airbag recall. I will post some of the more interesting experience from other people on other forums because it seems like I am not the only one having such ridiculous experience with their service manager Sandro and Parkview BMW service deparment and hopefully management from the Quinn Group will really make some changes to improve. It really sad because I been taking my car to Parkview BMW and BMW Toronto and no other dealership since they opened and seems like the service department gone way downhill after the old service manager is gone. I will definitely not deal with Parkview BMW as long as Sandro is still the manager because I know if something goes wrong then I am out of luck, which is a big inconvenience because we will be adding a 535i to the stable and will have to drive a long way to BMW Toronto or Endras for maintenance/warranty work. I really do appreciate Sal for taking his time to call me and hopefully he will really will look into the issue and improve service.

I have no way to prove if the following incidents actually happened so take it with a grain of salt. I am just copying and pasting members on other forums experienced that I find interesting.

- I had nothing but trouble with Parkview BMW service and the same manager Sandro.
It began right away with them forgetting to install NA nav maps and activate Sirius sub during PDI, then breaking my horn and surreptitiously gluing it back together (discovered months later) during PPK install.
But the final straw was when Sandro begged me to give them another chance. I agreed then they proceeded to take a week and multiple techs to install an oem accessory that should only have taken 2 hours. Between saying their senior tech was too busy on more important jobs to do the install (promised during Sandro's plea) , accusing me of providing "bad" parts then refusing to make a warranty claim on those "bad" parts, and then realizing they just don't know how to read instructions, they finally tried to bill me 600% over estimate to cover all the time they wasted. Sandro sat there with a straight face saying 'but what am I supposed to do about all the time we spent, I have to pay the technicians.'
I bought 2 cars from them but never again will I service or purchase anything from their entire group of dealerships.

- WORST DEALER EVER!!!! SERVICE DEPARTMENT IS A GONG SHOW!
I used to have a 335 with bmw performance steering wheel installed (led lights), i sold the car, and got them to remove the steering with wiring. Charged me 3hours of labour ~$350. I sell the steering wheel, only finding out no wiring in bag! OH SNAP. i go back to parkview, ask them WTF? they said no wiring with the steering wheel! WTF? OK, so i asked him, what is a standard procedure for uninstalling a steering wheel -non performance (no wiring), he answers 45 min = $100. Pull my record, how much did you charge me to remove my steering wheel? guy answers $350. WTF WHERE THE ***** IS THE WIRE? guy gets a tech to check on the car. WIRE STILL IN CAR!
PS; this guy=service manager! HORROR!
- Have also had bad experiences at Parkview with those same folks. They tell me to expect my car will be scratched/damaged when it comes for service...etc... Really not much you can do except get whatever you went in for fixed and don't go back.

- +1 for poor experience at parkview
I've started with an e46 that I bought from them and their service used to be amazing
By the time I got to my pre LCI e90 service started to drop
Then my LCI e90 was even worse
Then I put a dashcam in my f30 and watched them j turn my car while in their service bay
Now I do my own maintance
Unless their is a recall on something

And last but not least, a facebook comment from people defending Sandro saying the oil looks perfectly fine. I am going to blur out the names since this really has nothing to do with the issue but I just thought is entertaining. I thought I was in high school being bullied when I saw those comments lol.

Last edited by LDNA; 08-20-2014 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 0