Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-12-2017, 04:32 AM   #1
k332814
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1995 E36 M3 and more

TIP- As part of delivery- get alignment documented

Title sums it up.

I STRONGLY suggest that as part of the dealer's PDI that the car is put on the rack for an alignment check and you are handed the piece of paper showing that all four corners are within tolerances at delivery.

Two things may happen but the outcome is the same-
#1 its out of whack and is fixed and it drives great from day one.
Or
#2 everything is beautiful and it drives great from day one.
bonus
Piece of mind
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #2
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by k332814 View Post
I STRONGLY suggest that as part of the dealer's PDI that the car is put on the rack for an alignment check and you are handed the piece of paper showing that all four corners are within tolerances at delivery.
In case your dealer gives you a hard time about the above (many would, as it adds time and money to the deliver process), you can take it back for "free" (BMW NA pays for it) alignment upto 1K miles from delivery.

Note, BMW NA will reimburse the dealer only if the customer reports problems. Which might be tricky to argue before taking delivery. Therefore, any alignment work done pre-delivery will be on dealer's dime.

a
Appreciate 1
trendy26423.50
      03-12-2017, 02:51 PM   #3
matt123
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

BMW will cover alignments up to 2,000 miles with customer complaint. They will also cover issues of vehicle pulling if the alignment shows it should be driving straight after the 2,000 miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #4
NorCal f80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

how about if you lowered right after you got it . go back before 1000 miles for free alignment ? hahaaahaa
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 05:42 AM   #5
k332814
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
In case your dealer gives you a hard time about the above (many would, as it adds time and money to the deliver process)...... any alignment work done pre-delivery will be on dealer's dime.

a
REALLY? Are you all kidding me?

/rant

After the 'deal' is done a simple request to check the alignment could be pushed back by a dealer? Whether it is or isn't covered immediately by BMWNA I could care less. Its a matter of customer service. Grow a pair people! Or promise you won't shit their toilet up in exchange for the work. Remember these people are flucking CAR SALESMEN! Tell them to fluck off and go buy something else. I have no doubt that both sales and service departments have internal 'overhead' accounts which allows them to 'eat' off the book costs like this.

Last edited by k332814; 03-16-2017 at 05:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 09:34 AM   #6
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

Quote:
REALLY? Are you all kidding me?

/rant

After the 'deal' is done a simple request to check the alignment could be pushed back by a dealer? Whether it is or isn't covered immediately by BMWNA I could care less. Its a matter of customer service. Grow a pair people! Or promise you won't shit their toilet up in exchange for the work. Remember these people are flucking CAR SALESMEN! Tell them to fluck off and go buy something else. I have no doubt that both sales and service departments have internal 'overhead' accounts which allows them to 'eat' off the book costs like this.
ya dude you're a bit nuts. why not have them take the engine apart before delivery too and make sure everything is working perfectly? i've never heard of a dealer doing this before and i doubt they'll do it free of charge (no reason for them to). i'm taking delivery today. if it pulls or feels off then i'll take it back. i've purchased 6 new cars in the last decade and never had a single alignment done that wasn't part of getting new tires. this isn't about growing a pair, it's about common sense
2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 3
GrussGott18179.00
RickFLM410971.00
teefive207.00
      03-18-2017, 03:19 PM   #7
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
I STRONGLY suggest that as part of the dealer's PDI that the car is put on the rack for an alignment check

bonus
Piece of mind

REALLY? Are you all kidding me? /rant After the 'deal' is done a simple request to check the alignment could be pushed back by a dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post

ya dude you're a bit nuts.

Nowadays with telemedicine you can find a great therapist, or even a team, to work things through with daily.

With time and hard work, I'm sure you'll be able to live a normal life.
Appreciate 2
      03-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #8
mossman1120
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt123 View Post
BMW will cover alignments up to 2,000 miles with customer complaint. They will also cover issues of vehicle pulling if the alignment shows it should be driving straight after the 2,000 miles.
You can get them to check it within the first 2K miles or just the first 1K? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 03:23 AM   #9
k332814
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
blah blah i've purchased 6 new cars blah blah this isn't about growing a pair, it's about common sense

Engine teardown?

What hyperbole.

I am suggesting a simple pre delivery alignment check.

A check the service dept already offers for 'free' when you take it in for service...but is always 'off' & costs $189 to 'adjust'.

Having it checked before leaving the stealership the first time saves a trip back. No?

Having to schedule an service appointment, take my time to go to the dealer, take my time to put up with the bullshit, sign the forms, leave, wait for the call, go back, wait, wait, wait, get sold on some other crap, paperwork, blah blah blah and there goes 6 hours out of my life.

And the potential of 'finger pointing' of who is $$ responsible?

If you ask for this how can they honestly refuse if the car is supposedly 'perfect'??

I say grow a pair and tell them to just do it.

That is awesome that you have never had a problem before.

Because you have bought six cars without issue absolutely means zero to me or to others that have had early alignment issues/problems.

Maybe others will benefit from this suggestion. I just did. The car I picked up 5 days ago was out of tolerance when it was checked.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 07:42 PM   #10
matt123
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossman1120 View Post
You can get them to check it within the first 2K miles or just the first 1K? Thanks.
Straight out of the BMW NA warranty policy and procedures manual. Wheel alignment is covered up to the first 2,000 miles on the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 01:50 PM   #11
mossman1120
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt123 View Post
Straight out of the BMW NA warranty policy and procedures manual. Wheel alignment is covered up to the first 2,000 miles on the vehicle.
Not that I doubt you but is there a link to some documentation on that incase my local service center gives me flak. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 02:58 PM   #12
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossman1120 View Post
Not that I doubt you but is there a link to some documentation on that incase my local service center gives me flak. Thanks.
It's covered if you complain that it's off. To ask for an alignment as part of the delivery process will most likely be met with confused looks.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 02:25 AM   #13
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
It's covered if you complain that it's off. To ask for an alignment as part of the delivery process will most likely be met with confused looks.
I think that's the problem here ... the "just have them check it" principle applies to everything:

* Have them check bolt torques
* Have them test the fuel pump
* Have them check electrical ground
* Most important of all, for the love of all things holy, have them check the crank hub for spinning.

And there's a list of 1000 things you could have them check. why? even if they catch the alignment what if they miss the air conditioner compressor which isn't within tolerance? Now what?

Get car. drive car. if things wrong with car, have them fix car.
Appreciate 3