Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

06-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
M3_JT
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Looking for track wheels & tires

What's up folks.

My front PS4S won't last another track day, so I'm looking for options.

My first choice would be to find a set of RE-71 in 19" to go with the OEM wheels. OEM specs-ish (255/275 - 255/285 - 265/285). New or used.

Second option would be to grab someone's set in 18", wheels and tires. Shoot me your offers PLEASE!!!

Third option would be to buy a set of PS4S in 255/35/19 or 265/35/19 to replaced the front dead ones. Rear still have some life in them.

Fourth option is to get a full track set brand new... but I'd like to avoid that, see option 5 for reason.

Fourth and least desirable option is Sport Cup 2's with the OEM wheels, but I've spent enough in wheels and tires this summer to justify spending so much on a track setup - I'll have two, maybe three more track days this summer.

Be kind Bimmerpost, help someone in need...
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW M4

We have Titan 7 wheel wheels sets available in 18's and 19's we can make a track package with.

Also available we have a square set of Apex EC7's with 285/35/18 PSS's available. Feel free to PM me for details.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 05:49 AM   #3
avantix
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4CS Lime Rock Grey

I wouldn't go with PS4S, I tracked one day at Tremblant with them last fall when they were brand new and while they were capable they did get greasy if pushed hard not to mention the shoulders took a hit. This year I went with Apex and Nitto NT-01 myself 275/305 with camber plates and just wrapped up a weekend at Tremblant and loved the setup. It won't be the cheapest of your options but you'll get 6-7 days out of the tires and you will most certainly be quicker. Someone is selling a set of brand new Nittos on here for 1k, 275/305.

Good luck in your hunt
      06-14-2018, 07:10 PM   #4
erictrainer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 F80 6MT MG on SO

I have a set of Apex EC7 with Nittos, haven't posted bc I'm out of town till July 7th time at which i will post for sale. If that timeframe works for you PM me I'm in Mami.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #5
jgrigoros
Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Stance wheels with r888r tires https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1506123

I have these for sale, pm me if your interested.

I'm also local if you want to see the wheels and tires.
      06-14-2018, 11:41 PM   #6
CalaM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

imo

Cheapest setup and still fairly quick is the RE-71R. Putting a set in tomorrow, 265/35 and 285/35 on the stock wheels. First track day is Sunday.

Best track setup is the APEX wheel option. Most guys run 18", but be sure to look into tire options. There are actually better options now on 19", Trofeo, Sport Cup 2 etc.

Titan wheels are definitely the best from what I've found if you're looking for a forged wheel. Just factoring in shipping, GST, duties and if your in Montreal HST, makes it hard to justify.

WheelsCo in Toronto is probably the best that I've found in Canada for aftermarket wheels. Very competitive pricing even when you factor in shipping in Canada ($100 wheels, $150 wheel and tires)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 09:32 AM   #7
M3_JT
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictrainer View Post
I have a set of Apex EC7 with Nittos, haven't posted bc I'm out of town till July 7th time at which i will post for sale. If that timeframe works for you PM me I'm in Mami.
Would have been very interesting, but I needed something for June 29th seeing I have a track day planned. Thanks for the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalaM4 View Post
Cheapest setup and still fairly quick is the RE-71R. Putting a set in tomorrow, 265/35 and 285/35 on the stock wheels. First track day is Sunday.

Best track setup is the APEX wheel option. Most guys run 18", but be sure to look into tire options. There are actually better options now on 19", Trofeo, Sport Cup 2 etc.

Titan wheels are definitely the best from what I've found if you're looking for a forged wheel. Just factoring in shipping, GST, duties and if your in Montreal HST, makes it hard to justify.

WheelsCo in Toronto is probably the best that I've found in Canada for aftermarket wheels. Very competitive pricing even when you factor in shipping in Canada ($100 wheels, $150 wheel and tires)
Thanks for the info. Original idea was to slap a set of brand new RE-71 on the OEM wheels, but tires are B/O everywhere, hence why I was looking for options.

I was reluctant to committing to a brand new track setup in 18", seeing I already spent over $6K in wheels and tires this season.

The reality is also that I only track the car four or five times per summer, so I was looking to respect a certain budget. I was lucky enough to get a message from jgrigoros and we closed a deal, I couldn't be happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrigoros View Post
Stance wheels with r888r tires https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1506123

Thanks again Jerry
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 02:21 PM   #8
jgrigoros
Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_JT View Post
Quote:
Would have been very interesting, but I needed something for June 29th seeing I have a track day planned. Thanks for the offer.

Quote:

Thanks for the info. Original idea was to slap a set of brand new RE-71 on the OEM wheels, but tires are B/O everywhere, hence why I was looking for options.

I was reluctant to committing to a brand new track setup in 18", seeing I already spent over $6K in wheels and tires this season.

The reality is also that I only track the car four or five times per summer, so I was looking to respect a certain budget. I was lucky enough to get a message from jgrigoros and we closed a deal, I couldn't be happier.

Quote:

Thanks again Jerry
My pleasure Jonathan!
      06-19-2018, 02:22 PM   #9
jgrigoros
Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_JT View Post
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks again Jerry
My pleasure