Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #89
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963 View Post
WTH? Where are all my 6MT brethren?
There are 19 of them on the survey.
      07-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #90
GBPackerfan1963
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M5 2007 E60 550i

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
There are 19 of them on the survey.
But we're getting pummeled by those DCT peeps.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #91
Boostin FD
Bored all the time
United_States
Rep
Drives: Batmobile

Quote:
WTH? Where are all my 6MT brethren?
Waiting... That's where. Ha!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 12:01 AM   #92
soccer dad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW SO/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_max View Post
Not many takers for the cloth interior, is it because of fears of second hand value when it comes to sell, or people really prefer leather?
I think most people don't realize how cool the cloth actually looks. You won't stand outside the car and say, yuck it's cloth. That's part of it, but the second thing is yes, everyone that got the executive package would not give up the included leather.

Had I not gotten the executive package, and got a color that required a black interior, AND I had seen the cloth seats before I ordered the car (yeah lots of ifs right?) then I would have got it.

Werner's AY car which has to have a black interior (no I do not approve of the Mc Donald's build or hotdog build) has the cloths and it looks amazing.

IF YOU GET BLACK INTERIOR...GET THE CLOTH...IT'S AWESOME!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 12:27 AM   #93
kinimod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer dad View Post
I think most people don't realize how cool the cloth actually looks. You won't stand outside the car and say, yuck it's cloth. That's part of it, but the second thing is yes, everyone that got the executive package would not give up the included leather.

Had I not gotten the executive package, and got a color that required a black interior, AND I had seen the cloth seats before I ordered the car (yeah lots of ifs right?) then I would have got it.

Werner's AY car which has to have a black interior (no I do not approve of the Mc Donald's build or hotdog build) has the cloths and it looks amazing.

Hmm... Interesting point of view. Who is Werner and did he post any pics? Pics or it didn't happen
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 12:28 AM   #94
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

I do think a stripper M3/M4 with AW, 6MT, and 18" wheels a super awesome deal, especially if you get some good discount later when demand is not as high. You could get one of these for less than $60K. It is every bit as fast as other M3/M4 or a P car.
      07-15-2014, 01:56 AM   #95
kinimod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 GT3

Quote:
I do think a stripper M3/M4 with AW, 6MT, and 18" wheels a super awesome deal, especially if you get some good discount later when demand is not as high. You could get one of these for less than $60K. It is every bit as fast as other M3/M4 or a P car.
I was actually thinking about getting a complete stripper since I will drive the car for weekend fun only (so having some animal ugly in it is actually more exciting) but I'm doing a 6-week long ED with a wife and that's not as much fun in a stripper. So I optioned it fully as a summer vacation car.

Anyway, point being, acquiring a stripper ED in late 2014 will be a steal at ED invoice, price-wise. Can't go wrong with that!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 09:00 AM   #96
mad_max
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Looking for E46 M3

Quote:
I'm thinking along the same lines. My ideal build would be AY M3 with cloth interior, M-DCT, M-Suspension and black wheels. One reason is to keep the cost down since I already have a 911 to pay for. The other reason is I don't like tech crap that doesn't make the car go any faster.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #97
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinimod View Post
Hmm... Interesting point of view. Who is Werner and did he post any pics? Pics or it didn't happen
Check out the AY M3 in the Bimmerpost ED Delivery Thread. I agree with Soccer Dad that the Cloth/Leather interior looks fantastic in this car and with any combo that requires a dark interior.
      07-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #98
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyBeeker View Post
Wondering if you can add a data field to show whether the car is a dealer car or a customer-designed order?

Might skew the results if you cannot retroactively add that info to existing data....
Quote:
Great idea! I just added a new question to cover this in the survey. I won't get this data for surveys that are already submitted. For people who already submitted can post here on and I can update the spreadsheet on my end. New entries will have this data point but the result may not be meaningful until we have more entry submissions.

The new question is:
Did you spec out the car yourself?
Did you spec out your car the way you want (Custom Order) or did your dealer spec it (i.e. configuration could no longer be changed, already in production/transit, or already on dealer's lot)?
- Custom Order
- Dealer spec'ed it and I could not change it
- Car already on Dealer's lot
Thanks to NavyBeeker's suggestion, I added this new question to the survey. For previous entries that didn't have this question answered, I went back to look at people's old posts to determine if their cars were custom order, dealer spec'ed, or car already on the lot. The chart below is the result. About 2/3rd of the cars were custom orders. 1/3rd were either spec'ed by dealer and already in transit, or the cars were already on the lot when purchased.
Attached Images

07-15-2014, 08:02 PM   #99
JL M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer dad View Post

I think almost everyone on the trip felt the same way. The weaves in the cloth seats go extremely well with the carbon trim. If someone told me the cloth was an option over a "standard" cloth (i.e. what you would envision cloth seats to look like), I would have believed it.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 10:49 PM   #100
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Sirloin, it appears the first graph needs an AY car. The combo color/roof chart shows one AY. Great stuff. Thanks again for doing this. Is the one AY Gthal's M4?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 11:49 PM   #101
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
Sirloin, it appears the first graph needs an AY car. The combo color/roof chart shows one AY. Great stuff. Thanks again for doing this. Is the one AY Gthal's M4?
Good catch! Your found a bug, hum, I mean an easter egg I left in one of the charts. There is an AY in the database but I forgot the "enable" it in the pivot table after a refresh. It will be added back in with the next update. Gthal is in Canada so his car would not be counted.
      07-16-2014, 12:08 AM   #102
GBPackerfan1963
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M5 2007 E60 550i

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Good catch! Your found a bug, hum, I mean an easter egg I left in one of the charts. There is an AY in the database but I forgot the "enable" it in the pivot table after a refresh. It will be added back in with the next update. Gthal is in Canada so his car would not be counted.
Damn propeller heads are everywhere.

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 12:25 AM   #103
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Damn propeller heads are everywhere.
hehe, it is the propellerheads, the nerds with pocket protectors who give us the new underrated S55 engine, the M Adaptive Suspension, the lightening fast M-DCT, the M Differential, and the carbon fiber drive shaft. Yes, the shaft!

07-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #104
Emdriven
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mineral Grey M4

Quote:
We started a survey back in April to track M3 and M4 production week schedule for the first batch of allocation. It turned out to be an eye-opening experiment. We got some insight into BMW’s production scheduling, production ramp up, as well as colors and options popularity. It was a small but successful experiment, but we didn't have all the data we wish we had for deeper analysis.

Now that new M3 and M4 cars are being released to customers, I would like to start a new survey to track new United States-bound M3 and M4 cars’ configurations. This survey is set up to collect information on all available options and features in the USA so we can get more data to analyze. With this survey, for example, we will be able to see which internal and external colors are the most popular, the percentage of cars with the Exec package, the percent of cars having both the lighting package and M-DCT, or how many cars are stripper cars and how many are truly “fully-loaded”, among other things.

If you have a United States-bound M3 or M4 car that has been delivered, please spend a couple of minutes to complete this survey. Please only submit one survey per delivered car. Please DO NOT SUBMIT a survey for a car that you think you would option in the future but have not been purchased and delivered.

If you see there are missing options, choices, or bugs in the survey, please post here. I will periodically compile the data here for us to discuss.

If there is enough demand for a survey for countries like Canada, UK, or other European countries, please PM me. I might do one for other countries if there is enough demand.

Please only submit to this survey if you already have your car delivered.

LINK TO SURVEY

Done.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #105
MaynardZed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy

Garage List
Quote:

Incidentally, There isn't a car in the survey with Standard Suspension, Manual Transmission and CCB. None.
This, I guess, would be the theoretical "track car" build. Reality is that I think most guys that seriously want to track this car will steer away from CCB due to high replacement costs and the fact that 18" won't fit over them. Not many track tire options in 19". Probably more likely to see CCB on the higher optioned cars or for guys that like the most bling.

On another topic, no Sonoma Beige interiors? This surprises me. I haven't put my car in yet since its still on the boat, but find it hard to believe I'll be the only one with SB interior.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #106
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardZed View Post
This, I guess, would be the theoretical "track car" build. Reality is that I think most guys that seriously want to track this car will steer away from CCB due to high replacement costs and the fact that 18" won't fit over them. Not many track tire options in 19". Probably more likely to see CCB on the higher optioned cars or for guys that like the most bling.

On another topic, no Sonoma Beige interiors? This surprises me. I haven't put my car in yet since its still on the boat, but find it hard to believe I'll be the only one with SB interior.
I was just going to say that! SB and SO and black 19s is a beautiful combo

07-17-2014, 12:01 AM   #107
soccer dad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW SO/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
I was just going to say that! SB and SO and black 19s is a beautiful combo

wow...it does look pretty good in that pic. However, after having kids in my 740i for years with beige seats, I'm anti beige until they are out of child seats! lol
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #108
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
According to the survey here, one out 2 M3/4 will be white (either AW or MW).

While only one out of 30 will be Silverstone, talk about exclusivity .
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #109
Divexxtreme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Viper & Macan

Looks like my YMB, 6-MT, carbon-ceramic M4 will be quite rare. Great survey!
CURRENT: '15 Macan Turbo, '14 Viper TA (#8 of 33 in White)
PAST: '07 Porsche 997TT 1054whp, '14 C7 Stingray Coupe - 7-MT, '13 GT-R 1137whp, '13 Porsche Cayenne GTS, '14 Porsche 991 GT3 (sold back to Porsche), '12 GT-R 900whp, '10 GT-R 1250whp, '10 GT-R 600hp, '03 Porsche 996 GT2 800whp, '01 Porsche 996TT 900whp, '06 Z06 722whp, '98 Supra 711whp, '01 M5, '05 M3, '03 M3 416whp

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-20-2014 at 01:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #110
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
According to the survey here, one out 2 M3/4 will be white (either AW or MW).

While only one out of 30 will be Silverstone, talk about exclusivity .
You can count on us whites not to abuse our majority position. However, I am afraid that you are going to have to register to be eligible to vote on future polls.