European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #45
imyopusha
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP in Singapore Gray

Thanks. For all the great data. Mine listed production date of yesterday. Does that mean that it is complete?
2012 335i (SOLD)
Instagram- AY_M3 My ED thread: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1176511
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #46
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyopusha View Post
Thanks. For all the great data. Mine listed production date of yesterday. Does that mean that it is complete?
The BMWUSA site or BMWarchive.org? If the BMWarchive site recognizes the VIN and says yesterday then yes, your production should be complete. I do not think that site will recognize a VIN until complete.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 04:43 PM   #47
imyopusha
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP in Singapore Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillbilly View Post
The BMWUSA site or BMWarchive.org? If the BMWarchive site recognizes the VIN and says yesterday then yes, your production should be complete. I do not think that site will recognize a VIN until complete.
It was on BMWarchive.org
Damn, I wanted to drive to Regensburg and see it get built. Had I known this yesterday, I would have driven down. Thanks so much for the data. Now, to wait until the 16th for Welt delivery. Ugh...
2012 335i (SOLD)
Instagram- AY_M3 My ED thread: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1176511
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2015, 08:50 PM   #48
boss_M3
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Austin Yellow

Smile Military Price for M3

MSRP for 2016 M3 overseas for military or DOD civilian is $58,400. This saves you $4,800 off US sticker price, plus no taxes.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 07:15 AM   #49
MilM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SSII BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss_M3 View Post
MSRP for 2016 M3 overseas for military or DOD civilian is $58,400. This saves you $4,800 off US sticker price, plus no taxes.
Maybe I'm a moron, but I have never understood the logic behind the sedan being cheaper than the coupe (beside the fact that the coupe probably sells more cars). In my head, the sedan consumes more materials (sheetmetal, CF, etc) than the coupe, thus I would think it would cost more.

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting is to ask if other future owners who have ordered through military sales have been able to track your vehicle's production on BMWUSA.com? I received my vin# last week, yet when I enter it on the site, it comes back with no vehicle found (or something to that effect). I emailed my SA who replied that military sales orders cannot be tracked through BMWUSA.com. I find this rather strange. I ordered my car back in July before I deployed (which is a good thing because fighting a war has kept my mind off agonizing over my car), and have patiently waited until now (the car was scheduled to start production last week). I won't be able to pick up my baby and drive her until Feb 2016, but I just want to find out if she has at least started production. If my production slot has been delayed, no sweat off my back. But the curiosity of her current status is eating away at me.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2015, 04:18 PM   #50
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

You should be able to track once it starts production... Just have to keep trying, and it will pop up... However, keep in mind that my order was for stateside delivery.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 07:33 AM   #51
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilM4 View Post
Maybe I'm a moron, but I have never understood the logic behind the sedan being cheaper than the coupe (beside the fact that the coupe probably sells more cars). In my head, the sedan consumes more materials (sheetmetal, CF, etc) than the coupe, thus I would think it would cost more.

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting is to ask if other future owners who have ordered through military sales have been able to track your vehicle's production on BMWUSA.com? I received my vin# last week, yet when I enter it on the site, it comes back with no vehicle found (or something to that effect). I emailed my SA who replied that military sales orders cannot be tracked through BMWUSA.com. I find this rather strange. I ordered my car back in July before I deployed (which is a good thing because fighting a war has kept my mind off agonizing over my car), and have patiently waited until now (the car was scheduled to start production last week). I won't be able to pick up my baby and drive her until Feb 2016, but I just want to find out if she has at least started production. If my production slot has been delayed, no sweat off my back. But the curiosity of her current status is eating away at me.

You will not be able to track it like the US guys will. BMWUSA has absolutely no idea that your car exists which is the reason your will have to fill out some forms and mail them to BMWUSA so the can acknowledge your warranty. i have gone through this process twice and both times it was a PITA as far as tracking it like the US guys do. You will not be able to. BMWUSA does not see a penny from that sale. The money goes straight from the contracted German dealer in my case Autohaus RHEIN GMBH to BMW AG.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 10:30 AM   #52
MilM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SSII BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
You will not be able to track it like the US guys will. BMWUSA has absolutely no idea that your car exists which is the reason your will have to fill out some forms and mail them to BMWUSA so the can acknowledge your warranty. i have gone through this process twice and both times it was a PITA as far as tracking it like the US guys do. You will not be able to. BMWUSA does not see a penny from that sale. The money goes straight from the contracted German dealer in my case Autohaus RHEIN GMBH to BMW AG.

Thank you for the information. I did not know that BMWUSA has no knowledge of my car. I assumed that once it was built, it would be entered into the BMW database (like when I would take my E46 M3 in for servicing and any U.S. BMW dealership could pull up her records). I will be sure to ask my SA about this when I go to pick her up next year. I definitely want the warranty whenever I return to the U.S.

On a brighter note, I contacted my SA today and was told that she is on her way to the dealership. He said she is scheduled to arrive today and he would take pics to email me. BUUUUTTT, here I am way past my shift awaiting pics, and I didn't receive anything. So I must assume either she didn't arrive today, or he wanted to do the post delivery clean up before taking pics. Either way I'm heartbroken! Oh well, hopefully tomorrow is the day.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 09:40 AM   #53
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

Random question. Does anyone recall exactly when BMW stopped selling cars through Pentagon, First Choice etc etc?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 12:04 PM   #54
jonze
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Sakhir M3, 2015 X5

I'll be on orders in Germany for a short time - less than a week. Does anyone know if that would meet the requirements? I wouldn't be there to take delivery and would need it shipped stateside. Would import taxes come into play?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #55
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

For anyone deploying(deployed) and doing US delivery, you can in fact check it once it hits production.

This was while I was in Korea.

Sat at port for a good while, but here it is on the boat... shipping info from 1-800 number.

At VDC

Ready for pick-up.

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #56
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank772 View Post
Random question. Does anyone recall exactly when BMW stopped selling cars through Pentagon, First Choice etc etc?
They stopped taking M3/M4 orders in July and any order that wouldn't be complete before the end of this year.
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2015, 07:40 AM   #57
aramz09
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 2016

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. I'm anticipating delivery Dec 04. I am an Oregon resident and i'm trying to avoid/decrease the Ad Volerem Tax. My bank is currently the lien holder of my vehicle. Has anyone gone through this process before? I wish to register my car in Oregon, but I am accepting delivery at another state. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 05:05 AM   #58
P_RsM4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I concur with what Vectors2final posted. You can in fact track it. It just takes a little for it to pop in the BMWUSA site.

Vectors, how long did it take for the car to arrive at your dealer from when it arrived to port?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 05:11 AM   #59
P_RsM4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramz09 View Post
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. I'm anticipating delivery Dec 04. I am an Oregon resident and i'm trying to avoid/decrease the Ad Volerem Tax. My bank is currently the lien holder of my vehicle. Has anyone gone through this process before? I wish to register my car in Oregon, but I am accepting delivery at another state. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I believe the taxes will be applied where you register the vehicle, not where you take delivery of it. Not 100% certain though.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #60
aramz09
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_RsM4 View Post
I believe the taxes will be applied where you register the vehicle, not where you take delivery of it. Not 100% certain though.
I verified through DMV, its where you will be registering it. Way to go Oregon =)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #61
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yep, when you head to the county clerk to register, they will tell you the amount that you need to cut a check for.

Also P_RsM4 make sure they give you the copy of the two year inspection sheet with signature for the clerk to see. Otherwise you might have to go get another inspection. BMW Austin will give you a temp tag, so you'll have a bit of time to get it registered.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 07:54 PM   #62
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I concur with what Vectors2final posted. You can in fact track it. It just takes a little for it to pop in the BMWUSA site.

Vectors, how long did it take for the car to arrive at your dealer from when it arrived to port?
From my build thread... I'm glad I documented this.

Quote:
1/29/15 VIN Assignment
2/2/15 Production Begins
2/8/15 Production Ends
2/10/15 At The Port Awaiting a Vessel
3/5/15 On the California Highway
3/18/15 Arrived at the Brunswick, GA Port
3/19/15 VPC Work Order Complete
3/27/15 Customs Inspection
3/27/15 BMWNA FeEx's Certificate of Origin
4/5/15 Dealer Arrival
4/8/15 Delivery
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 10:16 PM   #63
P_RsM4
Private
Rep

Are you saying that the car will get inspected before I pick it up? If so, who will inspect it? The dealer? I was assuming since I didn't buy it from them that I would be responsible for getting it inspected. If you don't mind, can you PM the amount of the check you had to cut for taxes at registration? Since I work over seas I may ride the temp tag until I get back for my following rotational break which will be in April. That way my wife wont be tempted to take the car out for joy rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
Yep, when you head to the county clerk to register, they will tell you the amount that you need to cut a check for.

Also P_RsM4 make sure they give you the copy of the two year inspection sheet with signature for the clerk to see. Otherwise you might have to go get another inspection. BMW Austin will give you a temp tag, so you'll have a bit of time to get it registered.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 10:17 PM   #64
P_RsM4
Private
Rep

Quote:
From my build thread... I'm glad I documented this.
Ha, yeah I saw that on your thread yesterday. Nice previous cars and beautiful home!!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 10:46 PM   #65
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you saying that the car will get inspected before I pick it up? If so, who will inspect it? The dealer? I was assuming since I didn't buy it from them that I would be responsible for getting it inspected. If you don't mind, can you PM the amount of the check you had to cut for taxes at registration? Since I work over seas I may ride the temp tag until I get back for my following rotational break which will be in April. That way my wife wont be tempted to take the car out for joy rides
The dealership will inspect the car within state standards. If this is your first car registered in Texas, we have yearly state inspections. New car inspections are generally good for two years. Recently, TxDPS have omitted the inspection sticker, and have tied it directly to your registration. You should be able to get a two-year registration with your new car registration. Pretty sure the inspection is part of PDI, anyway.

BMW Austin is required to because they are delivering the car to you. They'll also cut you the temp tags as well. These were all concerns that I had, but since your order is a military delivery, BMW NA does whatever they can to get you on the road. Your Monroney sticker will still say "Sold To BMW of Austin".

Here is more info.

http://twostepsonesticker.com/

Quote:
Ha, yeah I saw that on your thread yesterday. Nice previous cars and beautiful home!!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 11:13 PM   #66
P_RsM4
Private
Rep

I had these same concerns. I contacted Austin BMW and asked about the tag. Didn't think to ask about the inspection but Im glad you brought it up to me. This will be my 4th vehicle registered in Texas, since retiring here I had to become a Texas resident. Which is a good thing cause the state of Texas is great on retired military. Keep your eyes open for a MG M4 in the Hood area.

Quote:
The dealership will inspect the car within state standards. If this is your first car registered in Texas, we have yearly state inspections. New car inspections are generally good for two years. Recently, TxDPS have omitted the inspection sticker, and have tied it directly to your registration. You should be able to get a two-year registration with your new car registration. Pretty sure the inspection is part of PDI, anyway.

BMW Austin is required to because they are delivering the car to you. They'll also cut you the temp tags as well. These were all concerns that I had, but since your order is a military delivery, BMW NA does whatever they can to get you on the road. Your Monroney sticker will still say "Sold To BMW of Austin".

Here is more info.

http://twostepsonesticker.com/

Thanks!
Appreciate 0