EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-16-2016, 09:07 AM   #1
Zero_Cool
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 Imola 6spd

Recent M3 purchases through military program in Germany?

I consider myself lucky enough to have come down on orders for Germany in early 2017 😎 and after reading plenty of ED's it pretty much has me sold on taking part of such a unique process. Not to mention an F80 M3 has been my dream car since it was launched and being stationed in Germany is my sign from God to order one once I get settled! I'm curious if anyone else has taken advantage of BMW's military sales process and could give me some pointers? I emailed one dealer that can facilitate the order process and received a pricing list for MY17 M3/M4 and features. Any and all information would be great!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 11:52 AM   #2
MrSmileyDC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Garage List
2016 BMW F82  [0.00]
I haven't done this personally, but I thought you guys can go through the Pentagon car sales to get the special pricing.

ED 8/18 - PCD 10/19 | 2016 F82 M4 6MT | Alpine White | CF Roof | CF Trim | Black Extended Leather | Executive Package | Lighting Package | Adaptive M Suspension | 19" 437M Black Wheels
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 12:10 PM   #3
Zero_Cool
Lieutenant
Rep

I don't believe they have the "rights" to sell bmws through the military and diplomat sales program. I contacted a salesman through Bavarian motor cars and he sent me the pricing list with his response. I'm just curious if anyone ordered an M through that program and if they worked anything extra into their deal.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
MrSmileyDC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Garage List
2016 BMW F82  [0.00]
I imagine there probably aren't many choices in terms of deals when going through the military sales. I'd just be excited about being exempt from VAT taxes and being able to drive the autobahn on a regular basis.

ED 8/18 - PCD 10/19 | 2016 F82 M4 6MT | Alpine White | CF Roof | CF Trim | Black Extended Leather | Executive Package | Lighting Package | Adaptive M Suspension | 19" 437M Black Wheels
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 01:21 PM   #5
Zero_Cool
Lieutenant
Rep

I know the prices are set by BMW and I suppose my OP was a little vague. To clarify I'm looking for people to share who they ordered their BMW with and their experience. The salesman I contacted can fulfill my order and will give me a complimentary hotel stay when I go to pick up my M. Enjoying my M in the motherland is a perk in its own, that goes without saying.. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 10:41 AM   #6
ElSenor
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16' AW/SO M3

Yup, I did this.

Put my order in on my second day here. If you have the pricing list for military, then that is really all you need/get. It's about 5K off the base model and you don't pay tax. Is it the best? The majority of the time, it's a hell of a deal and completely hassle free, but I have read of some members here getting more than 5K off of MSRP. They still have to pay tax though. I'm in the Stuttgart area so I just went with Cars International since they are just across the street from base. Not sure what area you are in but Euler Group is also very good. My buddy recently traded his 15' M3 for a 16' M3 ZCP and they got him a good trade-in offer. They are all in the BMW military sales group, so the pricing is the same across the board. I would go with whoever is closer to where you will be stationed.

The process is simple and you won't be the first person to do it. Just work with the salesman, the base, and your bank (if financing). They have all done this before and it really is painless. The painful part is selecting options...

Build it on the bmwusa website first . Things I regret: not getting full SO interior and LED headlights. I would've like carbons, but 70K+ was more than I wanted to spend on my M3 because I have other hobbies. Don't know you're financials, so don't take this an insult: don't blow all your play money, stuff is expensive out here and there is definitely more to Germany than the autobahn.

Last edited by ElSenor; 10-17-2016 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 1