EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #29613
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 GT350, 16 F150, 16 428 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Wait... you're a cop? Am I missing something?
No went to school, trained and volunteered with a department for 5 or so years. I was going to be and then decided against it.
Appreciate 3
Lups10628
Wah2131

Yesterday, 06:22 PM   #29614
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: Grigio Medio F80

Garage List
I still won't ever understand why people who have the money to pay for a 65k car, would choose to shove knockoff shit on their car.

It's a fucking disaster. What the hell is the point of getting an knockoff Akra for? What the fuck is wrong with people?

Then again there are threads still regarding DCT jerkiness so I'm not surprised on how dumb people are.

Edit: Honestly. Would you buy Chinese knockoff shoes and purse? Any reasonable person wouldn't. Just because it is a car, no matter how dumb the pricing is, shouldn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!

Last edited by Arcades; Yesterday at 07:01 PM.
Appreciate 1
minn193214

Yesterday, 07:05 PM   #29615
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
I still won't ever understand why people who have the money to pay for a 65k car, would choose to shove knockoff shit on their car.

It's a fucking disaster. What the hell is the point of getting an knockoff Akra for? What the fuck is wrong with people?

Then again there are threads still regarding DCT jerkiness so I'm not surprised on how dumb people are.

Edit: Honestly. Would you buy Chinese knockoff shoes and purse? Any reasonable person wouldn't. Just because it is a car, no matter how dumb the pricing is, shouldn't do it.
You’d be surprised how many zero down lease people there are......aka really strechungbto get into the car. A multi thousand dollar outlay isn’t in the cards for a lot of them.

Also a bunch of us are cheap asses as well.

But yes. I agree with you and only get high quality mods.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:21 PM   #29616
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:

You’d be surprised how many zero down lease people there are......aka really strechungbto get into the car. A multi thousand dollar outlay isn’t in the cards for a lot of them.

I know there are exceptions. Like getting a 200 - 500 lease per month is reasonable w/o downpayment since I'm looking to do that but within reasons you know?

Never trust Chinese stuff. Ever.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:56 PM   #29617
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know there are exceptions. Like getting a 200 - 500 lease per month is reasonable w/o downpayment since I'm looking to do that but within reasons you know?

Never trust Chinese stuff. Ever.
I was more thinking the type that roll everything in plus negative equity from a trade because they gotta have the car. And then are stretching to make the payment.

I sort of agree, there is some decent stuff, but yes you gotta be really careful.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #29618
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

I don't see an issue with knockoff carbon fiber stuff. The risk you take is that the weave or fitment is bad, but I've seen a lot of knockoff CF lips and spoilers that look and fit as good as the real deal that costs 3-4x more. We all know there is no performance difference, so I don't see the problem. I would never pay $1900 for a CS lip... but a fake one for a few hundo. Definitely.

A fake akra, on the other hand... I mean, does it sound like an akra? I didn't even know they made fake exhausts.
Appreciate 1
minn193214

Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #29619
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

There are a lot of nice CF parts that aren't "name brand" that fit and look great.

You have to find that fine line between complete and utter trash and a quality part that doesn't have a 1000% markup.

I've seen plenty of folks around here cry about the fitment and quality of a lot of the top brands around here.

SOLD: 2015 F80 /DCT /YMB /Full SS /CF Trim /ZEC /ZLP /HK /S&TVC- 18''///M

V2F's Yas Journal
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #29620
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mondstein F83

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
The risk you take is that the weave or fitment is bad, but I've seen a lot of knockoff CF lips and spoilers that look and fit as
For the first time in at least a decade, AFAIK, i have no visible carbon fiber anywhere and it's fucking glorious.

Quote:
yeah, never put money down on a lease. big no-no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 1
Lups10628

Today, 01:13 AM   #29621
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
For the first time in at least a decade, AFAIK, i have no visible carbon fiber anywhere and it's fucking glorious.

yeah, never put money down on a lease. big no-no.
I'm trying and I might be able to. Although the dealership is telling me the mandatory 1,5k (?) is for title, first month payment and delivery fee or something along those lines.

HOWEVER, it is for a Alfa Romeo Giulia. I'm so far might be able to push a $244, 24 months, 10k miles. I'm trying to find out the APR and residual but if I keep that payment at $244, I'm going to do it since it won't increase the interest rate on my payment if it is truly $244 per month.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:30 PM   #29622
Kidscollege$
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW M4

Garage List
2016 Toyota  [0.00]
2016 Lexus RX350  [0.00]
2015 BMW/M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I am embarrassed to say I had an employee that worked for me that fell for 0-0-0, zero down, zero interest, zero payments for 3 or 6 months or something like that.

Bought a new Mitsubishi Spyder convertible. Drove around for the 3 or 6 months then realized he had to start making payments...couldn't make them and thought he could just turn car back in and he would be good...well his father inlaw bailed him out for $10k.

I guess I was embarrassed to have someone soooo stupid working for me...
Appreciate 1
minn193214

Today, 06:58 PM   #29623
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Go Vikes!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:06 PM   #29624
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Go Vikes!
Did they win again?

My luck with my stupid dogs is going fine again. Last week the idiot kissa puked for 15 hours thanks to a bottle of cooking oil she inhaled. Tonight she is passing fibers. She ate a kitchen towel. I'm pretty sure we will enjoy a night of explosive diarrhea or something else as fun. She seems to love eating anything she can and then getting sick.

Oh well, freaky hobbies is a tradition in this family.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God -- and the only thing that scares me is Lups.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:10 PM   #29625
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did they win again?

My luck with my stupid dogs is going fine again. Last week the idiot kissa puked for 15 hours thanks to a bottle of cooking oil she inhaled. Tonight she is passing fibers. She ate a kitchen towel. I'm pretty sure we will enjoy a night of explosive diarrhea or something else as fun. She seems to love eating anything she can and then getting sick.

Oh well, freaky hobbies is a tradition in this family.
Not yet and they just did a huge fuck up.

Sorry to hear about the dog issues, but thank you for reminding me why we are not getting another dog when our old girl dies.
Appreciate 1
Lups10628

Today, 08:36 PM   #29626
ciaranob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Guess I'd argue differently - personally see my car color wearing CF really well - have tried cheap carbon and 100% fail so never again - 3D Design, RKP, Stercken and Exotics Tuning (hood) here with perfect fitment all round - trouble with cheap knock-offs is that it would drive me crazy to look at my daily driver and see misfit pieces - just me - I guess this thing looks pretty glorious to me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
There are a lot of nice CF parts that aren't "name brand" that fit and look great.

You have to find that fine line between complete and utter trash and a quality part that doesn't have a 1000% markup.

I've seen plenty of folks around here cry about the fitment and quality of a lot of the top brands around here.
Attached Images

Today, 08:59 PM   #29627
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Fuck the Patriots. I'm so sick of seeing them in the Superbowl. This is why nobody watches the NFL anymore.
Appreciate 1
minn193214

Today, 09:00 PM   #29628
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Guess I'd argue differently - personally see my car color wearing CF really well - have tried cheap carbon and 100% fail so never again - 3D Design, RKP, Stercken and Exotics Tuning (hood) here with perfect fitment all round - trouble with cheap knock-offs is that it would drive me crazy to look at my daily driver and see misfit pieces - just me - I guess this thing looks pretty glorious to me !
what hood is that?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:11 PM   #29629
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Not yet and they just did a huge fuck up.

Sorry to hear about the dog issues, but thank you for reminding me why we are not getting another dog when our old girl dies.
Hahaha, her hobby is to steal and eat everything and she also has an extremely weak stomach.

We tested just about every brand of dog food sold at the vet, specialized stores and nothing worked for her. When we moved back here we had to give her this shitty food from the grocery store since we didn't have anything for her( still on their way then) and the only brand in the store near by is probably the worst food I've ever fed to a dog and funnily enough, that's now the only one she tolerates.

She likes to supplement her dinners by stealing everything she can get her greedy paws on and then she is ill for a few days. At least once a month I want to kill the damn dog. I swear I have so many murder plans for the dog ready, I even sometimes dream of leaving a bit of cheese on the counter or a tomato or on a really bad day a wheat bread slice.

But then I remember I haven't slept with my back straight since army and my road trips. I don't know what it's like not to have to fight for my pillow space. I cant remember a time when my bed wasn't so crowded I sometimes wonder how we managed to have kids.

So all in all, although my evil murder plans helps at times, the pure joy I get from seeing my husband suffering more since the dogs give him zero mercy keeps them alive. He bought them both own pillows as Christmas presents in hope he could stop sharing his with a russel with a bad breath and a Gs with a nasty habit of hogging his middle space and pushing him to the bad breath russel makes me a better person (or something).

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God -- and the only thing that scares me is Lups.
Appreciate 1
minn193214

Today, 09:12 PM   #29630
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fuck the Patriots. I'm so sick of seeing them in the Superbowl. This is why nobody watches the NFL anymore.
Fuck the East Coast and the big market teams. GrussGott is right the Vikes are done.

Last edited by minn19; Today at 09:18 PM.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 09:26 PM   #29631
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fuck the East Coast and the big market teams. GrussGott is right the Vikes are done.
I was rooting for the Vikes or the Jags. Fuck football. I'm never watching this shit again. (...until the draft in a couple of months)
Appreciate 1
minn193214

Today, 09:28 PM   #29632
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha, her hobby is to steal and eat everything and she also has an extremely weak stomach.

We tested just about every brand of dog food sold at the vet, specialized stores and nothing worked for her. When we moved back here we had to give her this shitty food from the grocery store since we didn't have anything for her( still on their way then) and the only brand in the store near by is probably the worst food I've ever fed to a dog and funnily enough, that's now the only one she tolerates.

She likes to supplement her dinners by stealing everything she can get her greedy paws on and then she is ill for a few days. At least once a month I want to kill the damn dog. I swear I have so many murder plans for the dog ready, I even sometimes dream of leaving a bit of cheese on the counter or a tomato or on a really bad day a wheat bread slice.

But then I remember I haven't slept with my back straight since army and my road trips. I don't know what it's like not to have to fight for my pillow space. I cant remember a time when my bed wasn't so crowded I sometimes wonder how we managed to have kids.

So all in all, although my evil murder plans helps at times, the pure joy I get from seeing my husband suffering more since the dogs give him zero mercy keeps them alive. He bought them both own pillows as Christmas presents in hope he could stop sharing his with a russel with a bad breath and a Gs with a nasty habit of hogging his middle space and pushing him to the bad breath russel makes me a better person (or something).
Just fire up the grill and get your meat cleaver. C'mon! The Asians do it!
Appreciate 1
minn193214

Today, 09:36 PM   #29633
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just fire up the grill and get your meat cleaver. C'mon! The Asians do it!
Yum yum!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:37 PM   #29634
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

I'm so disappointed. I worked so hard on an uber-sarcastic reply to a dumb post someone started asking if getting an M4 next year would be pointless because the G82 is coming out a year or two later.

Then the mods deleted the whole thread... because of how dumb it was.
Appreciate 1
minn193214