GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-24-2017, 01:57 AM   #1
rtruhlar
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Disconnected exhaust flaps by BMW dealer? Closed every time :(

Hello,

is it possible that my BMW dealer disconnected my exhaust flaps on M3 F80 and leave they closed all the time?

My story is following:

Car is year 2014, since then I get replaced 3x back part of exhaust because of metallic noise from flaps when cold.
The last exchange was for LCI model of exhaust (slightly different look of the bottom). But again this part started to make very annoying metallic noise when cold, so again visit of BMW service and this time they just modified strength on the springs of electromotors as they said.

But now I feel that the flaps don't work at all. I tried few software apps (Bimmerlink, Carly for BMW) to manually open the flaps but without success.
Even driving on Sport Plus mode quite hard and then checking when stopped flaps are always closed.

Connectors to the flaps electrical motors are connected, so it has to be software issue or disconnected somewhere else.

My plan is to visit another dealer to check it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 09:02 PM   #2
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Check the fuse if the connector is connected. A dealer has no way to disconnect or keep the flaps closed with software.
Appreciate 0