Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-22-2015, 11:57 PM   #111
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Bluex

Epic Trip ... Now the worst part happens.. The M Withdrawal...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 01:41 AM   #112
///bproden
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
Can you please elaborate on this? Is this a place you get it washed and cleaned and then drive to the drop off location or is this a service included at the drop off location? Some other folks on here had mentioned it is important to have the car cleaned prior to the walk around so every minute detail can be captured incase there was any damage.

Thanks.
I saw and spoke with the guy who does these wash/wax services. I will vouch that he looked like he was doing a good job. You could tell he was careful and took pride in his work. Log-in-out hires him to come pick up your car, drive it about 1 mile away to the omv gas station on backside of airport. Here he had his own garage set-up where he washing customer cars and using a spray wax and doing a mini detail on the cars. I was going to use him if I ran out of time.

Bluex, again congrats. Fantastic write-up. Reading this makes me miss my Ed already so much. I loved Augustiner Keller also. Great place, food and beer was amazing. Looks like you'll be getting your car back around same time. The wait is killing me already.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2015, 04:10 AM   #113
silverabt
Rep
Drives: 328i sport

Great car with one of the best color combo!

I envy u guys in the US, $80k can get u an M3, with exact options u want, and especially the beautiful experience of the euro delivery. Not to mention the crazy lease deals u get to enjoy.

In here $80k only gets u a 335i with pre selected options, no customisation, let alone euro delivery option. Payment is either cash or finance with $3000/mo instalments
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2015, 04:27 AM   #114
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverabt View Post

I envy u guys in the US, $80k can get u an M3, with exact options u want, and especially the beautiful experience of the euro delivery. Not to mention the crazy lease deals u get to enjoy.

In here $80k only gets u a 335i with pre selected options, no customisation, let alone euro delivery option. Payment is either cash or finance with $3000/mo instalments
Sounds like you get a in your parts...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 09:06 AM   #115
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsDeadBaby View Post
Thank you Bluex for sharing your memories, impressions and pictures of this amazing ED. As a native German living in Frankfurt which is an hour drive to Heidelberg I am often traveling the Southern part of Germany to cities like Stuttgart and Munich for business as well as for pleasure. Reading your experiences with the Germans was so much fun! I am really happy that you and your wife had a good time. I trust that your SO beauty will be shipped to the US safely and in time. Despite the high number of nice European travel spots my wife and me choose to travel almost every year to the US. Your thoughts and comparisons between the US and European cultures a quite familiar for me e.g. service in Restaurants etc.. Like your experiences with BMW's in Munich and Mercedes in Stuttgart on almost every corner I've noticed a quite similar situation with European cars in Los Angeles compared to other places in the US. I also LOVE the Autobahns and the white and grey traffic sign you mentioned in your post, the one the shows you that there is no speed limit any more. Cars like the F80 perform great at Vmax. It's always great to hit the Autobahn with low traffic, dry and safe road conditions, either with one of my Z4 as well as my "Swiss knife" the Audi Q5. Someday I would like to pick up as well a new BMW at the Welt. Please share pictures after your M3 has safely arrived to the shores of East coast.
I most certainly will.....while the ED portion of this thread is finished, the final delivery is still to come!

I'm glad you enjoyed the little details of my trip. I'm a people watcher, and I loved the little sociological differences found between cultures. It was very interesting...I would have loved to have an in-depth conversation with a German about them. The people in Germany were so friendly to us (for the most part)....it was just so interesting comparing the cultures. Btw, you go to multiple different regions in the US and you'll see very different cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotate View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do this phenomenal write up. Was very helpful to read all about the delivery process and you have given me some great suggestions for my upcoming trip.

The last time I was in Europe I want to the Auschwitz camp in Poland because I felt I had an obligation to as I wasn't terribly far away in Vienna. I can honestly say the horror of that day will never leave me. I'm very glad I went but it's also an experience I wouldn't wish on anyone (yet everyone should go). The way you described your visit to a camp brought me back to the moment--I appreciate you taking the time to post about that hard topic.

On a much happier note, what day did you do your factory tour? I ask because I believe my AY 15 M4 was in production around the time it seems you might have been there.

Thanks again for the amazing writeup.
First of all, thanks!

I would have very much appreciated a tour of Auschwitz, and maybe one day, just not as a part of European Delivery.....for multiple reasons. I have had very few people comment in that portion of my journal, and that makes sense. It's not the most positive of topics and it makes people uncomfortable. What can a person say? "I really enjoyed those pics?" All that said, it was the most powerful portion of our trip and I cannot stress enough that everyone who is picking up their cars in Germany should take the time. It's so close....It's very easy to get wrapped up in the things that give us pleasure or joy, it's good to take a time out every now and then *steps off his soapbox*

My factory tour was on May 13th, Wednesday. I DID see an AY M4 being built....as I mentioned in my journal. That crucial moment where chassis meets suspension/drivetrain. For what it's worth, the guys working the line looked like they were being very precise....looks like it's going to be a good car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Bluex

Epic Trip ... Now the worst part happens.. The M Withdrawal...
Tell me about it....i'm obsessively checking for a boat. I wasn't anywhere near this bad during the production stage. I was very much "eh...it's done when it's done". But that may have been because I knew, no matter what, i'd have it by May 13th. No sooner, no later.

This stage is nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///bproden View Post
I saw and spoke with the guy who does these wash/wax services. I will vouch that he looked like he was doing a good job. You could tell he was careful and took pride in his work. Log-in-out hires him to come pick up your car, drive it about 1 mile away to the omv gas station on backside of airport. Here he had his own garage set-up where he washing customer cars and using a spray wax and doing a mini detail on the cars. I was going to use him if I ran out of time.

Bluex, again congrats. Fantastic write-up. Reading this makes me miss my Ed already so much. I loved Augustiner Keller also. Great place, food and beer was amazing. Looks like you'll be getting your car back around same time. The wait is killing me already.
Good info! I had heard the wash/wax service is good, but you really put my mind at ease there. Good to know they got someone who cares to do a good job.

Augustiner Keller was great....as you can probably tell by the lack of significant pics from that night. Honestly I had so many beers in me, pic taking was the last thing on my mind

Lets hope for swift and safe journey's for our cars!

Quote:

Thank you! I love the color and my spec sheet. There were times I could have used the cameras, and wish I got them (in German garages), but back in the States I won't need them as much. Garages here are cake, lol. Built for big SUV's....I can manage them But there, yeah, would have been nice.

You are right, we are very fortunate to get such finely engineered sports sedans for such a great price. $3K a month is a mortgage payment

I wouldn't have configured my M any other way. It's perfect for me.

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2015, 09:39 AM   #116
TiresOnFire
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015435i,2015550i,2017M240i

Nice trip report. Well done in every aspect. I look forward to your report from your next ED.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #117
sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
Awesome write up and pics! I love reading people's ED stories. They bring back such great memories for me! Hopefully you don't have to wait too long for the car now.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2015, 10:10 AM   #118
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

It was very cool to read about your ED experience. I have lived here in Bavaria since Jan 2013. I too will do an ED someday. I will miss this place when I leave here in a few months. You are very spot on with your observations of the German experience. Something to note on the extra 19% when dining is that if the staff think you are German and you tip them they get a little offended. I have gotten accustomed to speaking mostly German when I'm out but throw some "American" in there if I plan on tipping. I have gotten some pretty crazy looks from waitresses. It's great to hear you had a great time. I actually spend a lot of time in Regensburg as I'm less than an hour away to the north. That is one beautiful car you ordered. Thanks for the great write-up.

Prost!!
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2015, 10:54 AM   #119
TheBenzor
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Great post and beautiful car, congrats!
      05-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #120
Rotate
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M4 6SPD, 2014 Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluex View Post

First of all, thanks!

I would have very much appreciated a tour of Auschwitz, and maybe one day, just not as a part of European Delivery.....for multiple reasons. I have had very few people comment in that portion of my journal, and that makes sense. It's not the most positive of topics and it makes people uncomfortable. What can a person say? "I really enjoyed those pics?" All that said, it was the most powerful portion of our trip and I cannot stress enough that everyone who is picking up their cars in Germany should take the time. It's so close....It's very easy to get wrapped up in the things that give us pleasure or joy, it's good to take a time out every now and then *steps off his soapbox*

My factory tour was on May 13th, Wednesday. I DID see an AY M4 being built....as I mentioned in my journal. That crucial moment where chassis meets suspension/drivetrain. For what it's worth, the guys working the line looked like they were being very precise....looks like it's going to be a good car!
Very well said. It's very uncomfortable to think about the dark side of what humans are capable of, and thusly extremely important to be reminded.

To drastically change the subject and tone, my AY M4 was produced on the 13th! What a small world, probably a pretty good shot that was my car!

Thanks again for the writeup!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #121
WWM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

What a trip! Thank you so much for sharing.
      05-24-2015, 02:46 PM   #122
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Sakhir Orange looks fantastic on M3. It is the perfect color for those lines. When I first saw it in person it was on an M4 and did not like it but there is something about the M3 lines that make it perfect on the M3.

Congrats!
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2015, 03:44 PM   #123
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Sakhir Orange looks fantastic on M3. It is the perfect color for those lines. When I first saw it in person it was on an M4 and did not like it but there is something about the M3 lines that make it perfect on the M3.

Congrats!
It's perfect on the M4 too.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:07 PM   #124
huleee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 Mineral White

Thank you for sharing your awesome memories with us. I've never paid for on-board wifi until today, I had to finish the reading. Well done!
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2015, 01:49 AM   #125
jyeoh
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMX

Quote:

still better than Malaysia, $80k gets u a 320i with pre selected options etc etc
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 08:28 AM   #126
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotate View Post

To drastically change the subject and tone, my AY M4 was produced on the 13th! What a small world, probably a pretty good shot that was my car!

Thanks again for the writeup!
Hah, pretty cool coincidence. It was the highlight of my factory visit....watching that M4 come together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huleee View Post
Thank you for sharing your awesome memories with us. I've never paid for on-board wifi until today, I had to finish the reading. Well done!
Excellent! Enjoy your trip!

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 01:57 PM   #127
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Awesome ED Report BlueX!

Aside from the somber passage through Dachau, the whole experience is Brilliant !

Makes me want to buy a car just for the heck of the experience ... for the second time!
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2015, 05:18 AM   #128
1Northcar
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluex View Post
Hah, pretty cool coincidence. It was the highlight of my factory visit....watching that M4 come together.

Excellent! Enjoy your trip!

OK, an added point. On the line they actually use the term "marriage" to describe the uniting there when the car "comes together."
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #129
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Great write up
It brought back a ton of good memories from the ED process of my families 428xi Gran Coupe last summer; including the great atmosphere at Augustiner-Keller. We stayed at Hotel Platzl as well and I can confirm the teeth clenching entrance to the parking garage!
      05-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #130
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
Great write up
It brought back a ton of good memories from the ED process of my families 428xi Gran Coupe last summer; including the great atmosphere at Augustiner-Keller. We stayed at Hotel Platzl as well and I can confirm the teeth clenching entrance to the parking garage!
Glad you enjoyed the journal! Lots of great times

As much as I loved Platzl, I would begrudgingly NOT recommend it if you're bringing your car back there from the Welt...lol. As much help as I got getting it in and out without a scratch, I lost several lbs in sweat doing so. I wouldn't go through that again.

However, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there the day before delivery again though.

I'll always visit Augustiner....a true Munich bier garten to be sure.

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 04:31 AM   #131
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Bluex

How's the withdrawal?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 07:41 AM   #132
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Bluex

How's the withdrawal?
Feeling good! Getting back my zen again.....it seems like it's been so long since Munich (getting close to a month) that driving the F80 was almost a dream that I woke up from.

Truth is, taking re-delivery in a couple weeks is going to almost be just like doing it all over again for the very first time.

But right now, i'm just calm, driving my DD's to and from work and doin' the do, being the be.....

Appreciate 0