Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

03-10-2017, 05:36 AM   #23
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.mba View Post
It was not standard on the M3 2016 ZCP package in Canada because at that time they had the alcantara steering wheel as part of the ZCP package and it doesn't support heating function. In 2017 the alcantara wheel was removed from the package and the standard wheel was the only option (I tried to have this factory installed to no avail and it was escalated to BMW Canada top level, they offered me dealership installation for free and a discount on the alcantara wheel). That's how I know all of this. I would go back to the dealership and throw a huge fit if I was you!!

M
IIRC, the Competition Package never came with the alcantara steering wheel.

You might be confusing with the M-Performance carbon package, which indeed used to include the alcantara steering wheel and deleted the heated stering wheel. Thr alcantara steering wheel has since been removed from the Carbon package, but they forgot to add the the heated steering wheel back. What makes it even more confusing is that the ZCP option code in Canada is used for the M-Performance Carbon package on the F83 and not the Competition Package.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #24
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 (2015 M3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanM3 View Post
see look....
it's not here

OP is your steering wheel comes with alcantara texture? as far as i know, alcantara steering doesnt come with 'heated' function.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 11:24 PM   #25
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
IIRC, the Competition Package never came with the alcantara steering wheel.

You might be confusing with the M-Performance carbon package, which indeed used to include the alcantara steering wheel and deleted the heated stering wheel. Thr alcantara steering wheel has since been removed from the Carbon package, but they forgot to add the the heated steering wheel back. What makes it even more confusing is that the ZCP option code in Canada is used for the M-Performance Carbon package on the F83 and not the Competition Package.
Thanks for the correction. You are right it's the carbon fiber package that added the alcantara wheel. I also have that as part of the ultimate package and still have the heated steering. Possibly hit and miss?? I know I was quite anal about my build and I reviewed my build options several times before sending the build over to BMW (catching a few mistakes made by the dealership in my build and having to correct them)

M
      03-10-2017, 11:29 PM   #26
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RC51 View Post
Yeah! This ALWAYS works and makes you a huge hit at your local dealership! I think everyone who didn't get their door jambs and underside of their trunks painted did the same and they got their whole cars repainted by BMW! Pretty sure it's the best way to get stuff out of BMW and while you're at it, I'd ask to get jumped to the front of the queue of all limited edition waitlists.
I don't care honestly what the delaers think, when I pay 100k+ on a car I expect that car to come equipped with the standard equipment that it's supposed to come with. If the dealership got 99k for their car as opposed to say 101k you would certainly hear about it and they wouldn't let it slip. Why is it then "unacceptable" for someone to go back and demand what they paid for in their car. I sure as hell would go and raise hell over this. After all it's the dealership's mistake not clarifying the car is missing this standard option and this CAN be retrofitted by BMW.

M
Mikster56.50
      03-11-2017, 06:19 PM   #27
BajanM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Do you also have the Carbon Package?

That might be the reason.

I beleive that it is the result of a silly mistake in the BMW Canada ordering system.

The Carbon package used to include the alcantara M-Performance steering wheel which inherently removes the heated steering wheel. A little while ago, they removed the alcantara steering wheel from the carbon package but for some reason they forgot to add back the heated steering wheel option code.
Yeah...I have the Carbon Fibre Package as well.
So sounds like they removed the heated steering wheel when you add the Carbon Fibre Package??....

wow...why is such a simple thing sounding so complicated. You're paying all this money, and it says it's a standard feature...so I should have it. Either that...or tell me that when I select on option..it is no longer available.

I need to find out what the reason is.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 06:27 PM   #28
BajanM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Thanks for the correction. You are right it's the carbon fiber package that added the alcantara wheel. I also have that as part of the ultimate package and still have the heated steering. Possibly hit and miss?? I know I was quite anal about my build and I reviewed my build options several times before sending the build over to BMW (catching a few mistakes made by the dealership in my build and having to correct them)

M
Which makes this even more confusing. Because if you have the Ultimate package - which also has the carbon fiber package (which I also have)..then why wouldn't I have the heated steering wheel option as well?

Sounds like a trip to my dealer is going to be happening next week for sure.
Because this is making ZERO sense.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 01:32 AM   #29
two+2
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Grey Black

FWIW, my 2017 with ultimate package came with heated steering. It was subsequently disabled when I installed the alcantara steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 03:57 AM   #30
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
I don't care honestly what the delaers think, when I pay 100k+ on a car I expect that car to come equipped with the standard equipment that it's supposed to come with. If the dealership got 99k for their car as opposed to say 101k you would certainly hear about it and they wouldn't let it slip. Why is it then "unacceptable" for someone to go back and demand what they paid for in their car. I sure as hell would go and raise hell over this. After all it's the dealership's mistake not clarifying the car is missing this standard option and this CAN be retrofitted by BMW.

M
Did he sign the build sheet when he ordered the car? I know I had to sign off on my build sheet when I ordered mine so if it was on the build sheet when he signed off, then he has a gripe. If he didn't have to sign off on the build he was ordering, I'm not sure what to say. Not sure what the procedure is in Canada.

And if he just bought it off the lot, then he got the car he bought?
      03-12-2017, 06:12 AM   #31
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

M
It is a bit more complex than this. The ultimate package is an independent package, it does not include the Carbon Package per se, just (most of) the same individual elements of it.

When they built the Ultimate Package, they did not repeat the error in the Carbon Package that deletes the heated steering wheel. But there is also a "flaw" in the Ultimate Package: for some reason, they did not include the Speed Limit Info that is included in the Driver's Assistance package. Sort of silly that they left a $350 option on the table and not include it in the "all inclusive" ultimate package. IMO, it is another example of an error in the ordering system.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 07:16 AM   #32
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So sounds like they removed the heated steering wheel when you add the Carbon Fibre Package??....

wow...why is such a simple thing sounding so complicated. You're paying all this money, and it says it's a standard feature...so I should have it. Either that...or tell me that when I select on option..it is no longer available.

Well then, that's it.

I think this is a clear indication to all those that order the Carbon Pcakage need to insist that their dealer add back the code for the heated steering wheel when putting the spec sheet together.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #33
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It is a bit more complex than this. The ultimate package is an independent package, it does not include the Carbon Package per se, just (most of) the same individual elements of it.

When they built the Ultimate Package, they did not repeat the error in the Carbon Package that deletes the heated steering wheel. But there is also a "flaw" in the Ultimate Package: for some reason, they did not include the Speed Limit Info that is included in the Driver's Assistance package. Sort of silly that they left a $350 option on the table and not include it in the "all inclusive" ultimate package. IMO, it is another example of an error in the ordering system.
This was one of the things I caught while building my car. It is silly to have the speed limit info as a stand alone option but that's what BMW Canada did. Is there anything else that the carbon fiber package added that is missing in the ultimate package? To my knowledge the carbon fiber option is added otherwise completely.

M
      03-12-2017, 08:34 PM   #34
JFB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 LSB

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Do you also have the Carbon Package?

That might be the reason.

I beleive that it is the result of a silly mistake in the BMW Canada ordering system.

The Carbon package used to include the alcantara M-Performance steering wheel which inherently removes the heated steering wheel. A little while ago, they removed the alcantara steering wheel from the carbon package but for some reason they forgot to add back the heated steering wheel option code.

Just to be crystal clear, there is a "carbon fibre trim" and a "carbon package". Two different things. Just make sure you are talking about the same thing here...
      03-15-2017, 04:01 AM   #35
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Competition Package

When I got mine Alcantera wheel deletes heated steering wheel function. If you have no alcantera wheel then you should have heated steering wheel. They will need to enable this for you at the dealership if you have the normal wheel.
2014 335 xi M Performance Edition BSM/Black
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0