European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-16-2024, 05:53 PM   #1
AlpineF82brrr
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Angry Misfires and possible reason in datalog?

Hello,

I recently got an F82 and found out it has misfires, it’s only on idle and the car drives fine, most of the time it doesn’t even give a CEL unless it misfires really bad like the engine cutting out completely for like half a second and resuming which has been happening a few times on startup recently.

I get cyl 3 and 5 misfire detected and no other codes that would point me to the issue. So far I’ve done these replacements to try and fix it and nothings helped.

New injectors
New sparks
New coils
Replaced LPFP
New MAF sensors
Stock intakes (used to have front mount)

None of this has really helped, before I got new MAF sensors we tried cleaning the old sensors which actually helped a lot on startup, the car would start and smoothly go down in rpm and before cleaning them it was starting and jumping up and down and chopping and cleaning them got rid of it for a good 20 days and it was slowly starting to get worse again so we tried getting brand new ones but it’s not helped this time.

Here is my question I was looking at the cloud datalogs on bm3 from 2022 from an old owner and datalogs I was doing now.

The (RAM) Boost pressure (target) shows either negative or 0 and rarely shows a positive number and when I compare it to older datalogs to when the car must’ve been healthy it was showing positive numbers all throughout normal driving and pulls but mine shows negative mostly and doesn’t ever go positive really. Usually at -0.1 to -2. Does anyone know what this might mean?

I’m not sure how to link the datalog but I’ll try and figure it out if it will help you guys understand what I mean more.

Also I don’t have my bm3 flex fuel sensor anymore it was removed when I did the lpfp but in the datalog it shows flex fuel sensor fault 1 and flex fuel temp -40 which I’m guessing is because it’s not there rn should be normal.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 05:55 PM   #2
DeTh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [10.00]
When you go in the BootMod app you should be able to copy a link and you can paste it here. Are you on the OTS map?
      04-16-2024, 10:13 PM   #3
AlpineF82brrr
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTh View Post
When you go in the BootMod app you should be able to copy a link and you can paste it here. Are you on the OTS map?
Yes I’m on stage 2 OTS ACN91
This is my newest datalog of me driving
https://bootmod3.net/log?id=6619ece24e98584cb49eabea

This is an old one from 2022
https://bootmod3.net/log?id=633bae30ae729b68261fe0a8
Appreciate 0