BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

04-18-2023, 04:55 AM   #1
LeaMedhurst
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

482605 - ICM : Coding Data Implausible

Hey All

I am struggling with my ICM. This is a race car and whilst on track there was a large bang related to a solid state battery isolator. To make a long story short I am pretty sure the surge took out my ICM.

I got a new ICM but when I try to code it I get the error about "implausible data' and a heap of errors around the ICM.

The process I followed in esys was
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left*Click on ICM=> Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from the latest I*Level => Select OK => Right*Click on ICM (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE

Is there something I did wrong ?
Any help appreciated
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 08:51 PM   #2
maaii11
Private
Rep
Drives: Mini F54

Try to use "Read (ECU)"

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => "Read (ECU)" => Left*Click on ICM=> Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from the latest I*Level => Select OK => Right*Click on ICM (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 07:27 AM   #3
jeffijaffa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F33 4 series 435 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaMedhurst View Post
Hey All

I am struggling with my ICM. This is a race car and whilst on track there was a large bang related to a solid state battery isolator. To make a long story short I am pretty sure the surge took out my ICM.

I got a new ICM but when I try to code it I get the error about "implausible data' and a heap of errors around the ICM.

The process I followed in esys was
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left*Click on ICM=> Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from the latest I*Level => Select OK => Right*Click on ICM (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE

Is there something I did wrong ?
Any help appreciated
Hi,
An old thread I know but did you get the ICM sorted. I’m having the same situation with coding

Thanks
Appreciate 0