European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-28-2016, 07:45 PM   #23
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Guy's.....MPE sounds pretty good... no doubt! Buuut...... you can get a full exhaust, which is deeper, louder and more aggressive for less $$$ ... and it's a full exhaust.
And it doesn't split 😎 Don't wanna trash the MPE, but there are "better" solutions on the market for less money.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 09:07 PM   #24
Bonzer103
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFan328i View Post
Stick to the stock exhaust, and use that extra monies to either tune the car or put in an Index fund (or I can take it, if it's bothering your wallet too much )

Believe it or not, I got pulled over last weekend by cops, and guess what was the reason: That exhaust is too loud. In his defense, it was my downshift which generated the loud growl. My answer was, no sir, this is the stock exhaust. I ran out of money to do any mods after buying this car. In the end he let's me go without any issues.
I love threads like this because anytime I let my mind wander and think I want to upgrade the exhaust, I realize there is so many better options for that money. And it's not a matter of affording it, but just hard to justify for the results of better sound.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 09:12 PM   #25
Bonzer103
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figurka View Post
Guy's.....MPE sounds pretty good... no doubt! Buuut...... you can get a full exhaust, which is deeper, louder and more aggressive for less $$$ ... and it's a full exhaust.
And it doesn't split 😎 Don't wanna trash the MPE, but there are "better" solutions on the market for less money.
Specifics? I retract my previous comment because I see replys like this that peak my interest
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 09:22 PM   #26
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep

AWE, Fabspeed, Remus, IPE...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 09:23 PM   #27
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzer103 View Post
Quote:
Specifics? I retract my previous comment because I see replys like this that peak my interest
AA, AWE, Remus, etc
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #28
Bonzer103
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 10:10 PM   #29
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
Yea, MPE is quite expensive. And you have to buy each tip separately, which drives that price up. That splitting issue is quite worrisome, though it'll be covered by warranty.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 10:17 PM   #30
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWGroceryGetter View Post
Yea, MPE is quite expensive. And you have to buy each tip separately, which drives that price up. That splitting issue is quite worrisome, though it'll be covered by warranty.
I just expect better quality for this money. And it's not about warranty, it's more about trouble, time and driving an X3 for days...lol

I really love the MPE, but kind of courios how many people would still buy this exhaust without a BMW Logo on it 😎?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 04:39 AM   #31
Shoheed
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82, Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWGroceryGetter View Post
Sorry what do you mean? Is the MPE prone to problems?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 05:59 AM   #32
mdefalco25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

There are a few threads showing how the muffler is splitting at the seams. I don't think it is a full blown issue but it is happening with this exhaust nonetheless. Here is the thread: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1296326
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 08:59 AM   #33
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoheed View Post
Sorry what do you mean? Is the MPE prone to problems?
I can't comment that it is prone to problems. Could be more isolated incidents than anything. But that thread that mdefalco25 posted should you give you some more light on what other members are experiencing. It is rather odd though, many members who mention in that thread that they will go check their car and the muffler, they end up finding some sort of crack.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #34
Shoheed
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82, Sakhir Orange

Guys just wanted to update you all and also say thank you for all those who contributed and helped in my decision making process.

I went ahead with the MPE with carbon tips. I am pretty pleased. It is very very loud when you put your foot down. However, this may just be me but with the windows up I can't really tell much of a difference if any. It seems like the windows really do block out most of the noise from the outside.

My car is kept in an underground shared car park, and the cold starts are sooo loud. This morning there was another family in the car park as I started the car (flaps closed) and the noise was insane, I just wanted to bury myself in my seat and hide. I got some long, hard stares from them. I think if I started in sport plus the whole building would have woken up.

Overall very pleased. Now to figure out which valve controller solution I want to go for.

Thanks again all.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 10:33 PM   #35
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoheed View Post
Guys just wanted to update you all and also say thank you for all those who contributed and helped in my decision making process.

I went ahead with the MPE with carbon tips. I am pretty pleased. It is very very loud when you put your foot down. However, this may just be me but with the windows up I can't really tell much of a difference if any. It seems like the windows really do block out most of the noise from the outside.

My car is kept in an underground shared car park, and the cold starts are sooo loud. This morning there was another family in the car park as I started the car (flaps closed) and the noise was insane, I just wanted to bury myself in my seat and hide. I got some long, hard stares from them. I think if I started in sport plus the whole building would have woken up.

Overall very pleased. Now to figure out which valve controller solution I want to go for.

Thanks again all.
Axleback you made the right choice. Nothing else sounds as nice unless you do midpipe or dp.

Go with Burger Tuning. It's the easiest thing to install and with same or more features.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 05:22 PM   #36
dylanwilson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I recently bought an M4 private party, and it has the MPE on it. Sounds absolutely amazing and has crazy burbles when upshifting from 1-2, 2-3.... I dont know how loud the stock is for comparison though
Appreciate 0