GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-02-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
LwaLt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EVOX,M4,X2, Model X, Model 3P+

Eisenmann exhaust owners please advise...

So, I've had the pleasure to own the Eisenmann heritage rear section + nonresonated center pipe for over 1 year now and it looks and sounds amazing (when it's not causing the below problem which unfortunately always come up). The problem is, the valve flaps makes a weird high pitch steel metallic vibration noise at around 3k RPM (cruising at that RPM would prolong the noise). It's been doing this ever since after the 1st week of install and still continues. I brought it to both EAS and Supremepower to figure out whats up, but they were only able to provide temporary fix. So could this be a defective rear section that I got here? If it is, do you guys think I could still get it replaced?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 06:01 PM   #2
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Hello. I recommend sending an email over to Anthony (support@ind-distribution.com). He can address and take care of any issues.
      12-02-2016, 06:05 PM   #3
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

We're right next to Culver City if you want to drop by and have us take a look.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 06:06 PM   #4
LwaLt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks Nate. I really hope so! At WOT, this exhaust sounds amazing but that noise is just dreadful.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
LwaLt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTalent View Post
We're right next to Culver City if you want to drop by and have us take a look.
Thanks. Will do.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 10:14 PM   #6
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
I have heard Eisenmann a few times have this valve trouble.

Good luck on the fix.
LwaLt31.50
      12-03-2016, 01:16 AM   #7
C-ARchitect
Banned
Rep
Drives: Miniature Ferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by LwaLt View Post
So, I've had the pleasure to own the Eisenmann heritage rear section + nonresonated center pipe for over 1 year now and it looks and sounds amazing (when it's not causing the below problem which unfortunately always come up). The problem is, the valve flaps makes a weird high pitch steel metallic vibration noise at around 3k RPM (cruising at that RPM would prolong the noise). It's been doing this ever since after the 1st week of install and still continues. I brought it to both EAS and Supremepower to figure out whats up, but they were only able to provide temporary fix. So could this be a defective rear section that I got here? If it is, do you guys think I could still get it replaced?
I had a similar problem when i first installed my Eisenmann...found out that the actuator spring wasn't putting enough pressure on the valve so it was vibrating under load. What I ended up doing was taking out the spring and bended it outwards a bit using a set of pliers. Haven't had any noise since.
Appreciate 1
J-rock9.00
      12-03-2016, 01:27 AM   #8
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Installed one of the first batch in the US imported by IND on for 2 years/20K miles now and no issues like this whatsoever so indeed may be effecting only a very few units.

Quote:
      12-03-2016, 01:45 AM   #9
LwaLt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-ARchitect View Post
Quote:
I had a similar problem when i first installed my Eisenmann...found out that the actuator spring wasn't putting enough pressure on the valve so it was vibrating under load. What I ended up doing was taking out the spring and bended it outwards a bit using a set of pliers. Haven't had any noise since.
This is exactly what EAS did for my unit, but the noise came back after I had gintani dp installed. Supreme power checked it twice to figure out what it is but in the end they jus concluded that one of the valves is loose and flaps under pressure.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 01:50 AM   #10
LwaLt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Installed one of the first batch in the US imported by IND on for 2 years/20K miles now and no issues like this whatsoever so indeed may be effecting only a very few units.

Quote:
Glad to know this is not a regular occurrence with this specific exhaust. Two of the most reputable shops in socal wasn't able to permanently fix my problem so I hope maybe someone else can help?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 02:04 AM   #11
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Glad to know this is not a regular occurrence with this specific exhaust. Two of the most reputable shops in socal wasn't able to permanently fix my problem so I hope maybe someone else can help?
Head to AutoTalent if you have gone to eAs and Supreme already. AutoTalent is close to where you are.

If AutoTalent is unable to fix the issue then you need to speak to Eisenmann directly and ask for help as it would be an exhaust issue. Supreme had told me before they had installed Eisenmann Exhausts and had a few customers complain about the valves rattling. This isn't as uncommon as people would believe.
      12-03-2016, 04:10 AM   #12
n54fanatic
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M4

I've had the same issue with the Eisenmann exhaust. Only time i haven't had it is when my calves are unplugged.
Appreciate 0