proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

11-12-2017, 11:04 PM   #23
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 CSL View Post
You guys watched a different video. If you sit through it the one out the front consistently MADE POWER. Only 3 KW on that Pile of shit.

However there intake was way too long. A turbo should have the shortest intake practicable.

I have the MSR. It is the shortest, with the largest contined diameter, and it is in the cold air.

A POD FILTER MAKES NO POWER, why? Because that is a HOT air intake.

If you have not been in an MSR equipped car you really cannot comment.

I don't care How many KW my intake makes on the dyno. As I do not race on the dyno.

I have plenty of video of me racing people at the track, pulling on guys with much higher dyno numbers than I.

Have them pasted on my facebook. So keep telling yourself they make no power at all. That video actaully proved they do. They should shorten that hose but still have it in cold air. Also as the car moves the MSR makes even more power the faster you go.

Ask Porsche. The Gt3 RS has ram flow and so does the 991.2 both claiming an extra 15HP from it.

Not here to convince anyone. If you are in Brisbane, Happy to race you. : )

Take care. Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet.

The M4 ECU is considerable more capable than any of those cars tested. You keep feeding it fresh cold air and it will give you more power.
yep technically there is power to be had, whether an individual can justify the cost or even feel it on the road up to them to decide

what the video was showing was that running a filter in direct path of rain water, dust, bugs etc probably isn't worth the extra power gain - also that power gain is available only while the filter is clean, i doubt filtration/flow remains as consistent as a filter inside a closed airbox or under the hood

i've driven in rain behind vehicle spray and my eventuri scoops behind the grille were caked in road grime, hate to imagine people are running intake filters in the same location

as for msr being shortest, you're actually doubling the intake length compared to stock location
Appreciate 0