Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Sponsors Classifieds > Wheels and Tires

10-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
Eddy@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Arrow ► APEX - F8X M3/M4 Track Wheel Group Buy

APEX F8X Track Wheel Group Buy

We've developed a new 18x11" wheel for the F8X M3 and M4. They are currently in production, and they'll be arriving this December. This Group Buy is a discounted pre-order for the first production run of these wheels. They will likely sell out, and not be available again until later in Q1, at full price. You can participate by purchasing either a full set (which includes 18x10" front wheel), or by just ordering two of the new rear wheels. If you choose to only purchase our new rear fitment, your order will receive 50% of the normal discount. We recommend purchasing a complete set to take full advantage of these discounts. Both full, and half set orders receive free* shipping.

If you’d like to read more about how we fit 315 R-Comps under a stock F8X, check out our technical article.

Click a link below to join or simply to learn more about the Group Buy.

Want to see how they look?

Tiers
  • 0-19 Members = Free Shipping
  • 20-39 Members = $50 Discount + Free Shipping
  • 40-59 Members = $80 Discount + Free Shipping
  • 60-79 Members = $100 Discount + Free Shipping
  • 80-99 Members = $150 Discount + Free Shipping
  • 100+ Members = $200 Discount + Free Shipping
What wheels are included in this Group Buy?
  • NEW! EC-7 18x11” ET44 rear
  • EC-7 18x10” ET25 front (optional)

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?

All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What’s different about our Group Buy?

Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GroupBuyParts.com where you can pay, follow, and even discuss the deal’s status.

How do I participate?

Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GroupBuyParts.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

What if I have some questions?

No problem! We're new here and so you will probably have questions... Just contact us at expert@apexraceparts.com or by direct message and we will get an answer for you about our products or how to joining the Group Buy.

Last edited by Eddy@ApexWheels; 11-02-2015 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2015, 06:03 PM   #2
jdherman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Hi,

On your website (http://www.myapexparts.com/2015/10/0...11-et44-wheel/) you say: "In our next write-up, we’ll go through every track-oriented tire combination that can be run on the M3 and M4, as we move on to selecting the best tires for these cars."

What is an reasonable date that this write-up would come out?

I appreciate all the work you did to understand fitment, but I really would like to see data from track results.

Thanks, Jeff
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 09:32 PM   #3
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
I need 19s to be able to clear my CCB's. Will this be an option for this group buy at all?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian ///M View Post
I need 19s to be able to clear my CCB's. Will this be an option for this group buy at all?
19's are not part of this Group Buy. This Group Buy is for our 18x11" ET44 wheel only, with the option to add an 18x10" ET25 front.

We'll be hosting a separate Group Buy for a 19" track fitment in the very near future after we've confirmed real world front clearance vs. our CAD data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdherman View Post
Hi,

On your website (http://www.myapexparts.com/2015/10/0...11-et44-wheel/) you say: "In our next write-up, we’ll go through every track-oriented tire combination that can be run on the M3 and M4, as we move on to selecting the best tires for these cars."

What is an reasonable date that this write-up would come out?

I appreciate all the work you did to understand fitment, but I really would like to see data from track results.

Thanks, Jeff
Jeff,

Could you please be more specific as to what "data" you are looking for?

Our write-up is still in the works. It would be complete sometime before this deal goes into the final payment phase.
      10-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #5
jdherman
Private
United_States
Rep

Eddy,

"Could you please be more specific as to what "data" you are looking for?"

Well, I think it's one thing to measure in a garage for clearances and another thing to get the wheel/tire combination out on a track and see how it performs in real life. It seems we always learn when we test in real world conditions. I want to see what you learn from that and how it might impact your choices for wheel sizing and tires.

I wasn't sure it was possible to get track data since you haven't made the first batch of wheels yet. But clearly you are doing something so that you can do the next write-up. I'm eagerly awaiting that write-up.

Thanks again for taking such a measured (pun intended) approach to these new wheels. So many wheel makers are focused on style but not track performance. I want to be comfortable buying the full wheel set from you so that I know that I'm ready to go for HPDE and open lapping days at my favorite tracks.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #6
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY16 F80

Garage List
What's the story with free shipping for us canucks?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 12:43 PM   #7
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Machiavelli View Post
What's the story with free shipping for us canucks?
Great question.

Free Shipping is for the 48 mainland domestic buyers. International customers like you will receive a $75 discount off the actual cost of shipping. The site we use to host the Group Buys cannot calculate this kind of discount so we do it manually for all international customers right now.

Simply contact our team at groupbuy@apexraceparts.com with your shipping address and requested wheels, and our team will provide you with a discounted shipping rate. They'll also process your order for you if you choose to proceed.
      10-25-2015, 01:05 AM   #8
Mastervic27
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, GT350R, Ariel Atom,S2k

How heavy are the wheels?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 06:08 AM   #9
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastervic27 View Post
How Light* are the wheels?
fixed it.
      11-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #10
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastervic27 View Post
How heavy are the wheels?
The wheel is 22.4lbs

We just updated the links in the main post. They now properly link to the product description page.

https://www.groupbuyparts.com/index....ear-wheel.html
      11-11-2015, 04:10 PM   #11
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep

Wheels are almost complete production. They'll arrive in a little over 30 days.

Guarantee you're not empty handed when the track season starts next year by being among the first to lock in a discounted set.

The Group Buy opens up for payment tonight. By participating you're guaranteed at least free shipping in this pre-order. With the wait only 30-40 days out, it's worth the $100+ savings to buy now.

11-11-2015, 04:41 PM   #12
stranger
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I have already put my name down for this

Will they send me a price including shipping to the uk?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #13
jdherman
Private
United_States
Rep

Eddy,

How close is the "every track-oriented tire combination that can be run on the M3 and M4, as we move on to selecting the best tires for these cars." write-up to being completed?

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #14
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger View Post
I have already put my name down for this

Will they send me a price including shipping to the uk?
If you joined the feeler list, you are not automatically contacted for international pricing. I received your PM, and it's been passed on to the sales staff. Within the next hour or so you'll receive a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdherman
Eddy,

How close is the "every track-oriented tire combination that can be run on the M3 and M4, as we move on to selecting the best tires for these cars." write-up to being completed?

Jeff
Great question Jeff. We've been swapped lately due to multiple staff members taking some time off. I'm not certain I can get the article out before the payment phase ends, but the article is really just a massive list/matrix/table of all the different tire combos that could be run and their fitment pros and cons from what we know. At the end of the day most will still want a 305 rear and a 275 front, and the article will not change that. With the wheels arriving in a little over a month from now, there will be time for everyone to finalize their tire decisions.

Thanks for keeping us in check
      11-14-2015, 01:36 AM   #15
stranger
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

When does this group buy finish?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 01:38 PM   #16
biggie27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Hi, I tried to join the group buy website but it says that if Im international can you tell me if you guys ship to kuwait I would like to join in
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 06:55 PM   #17
ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger View Post
When does this group buy finish?
The payment phase closes 11/19/2015 at 11:59PM PST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie27 View Post
Hi, I tried to join the group buy website but it says that if Im international can you tell me if you guys ship to kuwait I would like to join in
Thank you for your interest. The Group Buy website cannot accommodate international orders at this time, but we are happy to manually process your order. I am sending you a PM with my contact information so that we can get you on the list!
      11-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #18
jdherman
Private
United_States
Rep

Eddy,

I just bought into the group buy.

Excited to see your article on tire fitment.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 12:45 PM   #19
ApexWheels
Rep

Maximize the wheel & tire setup on your F8X M3/M4 by picking up a set of EC-7's today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdherman View Post
Eddy,

I just bought into the group buy.

Excited to see your article on tire fitment.

Jeff
We appreciate your participation Jeff
      11-30-2015, 07:11 PM   #20
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

To all our F8x Group Buy Participants, our latest production update is as follows:

The estimated arrival time of the new F8X track wheels has been pushed back a few weeks to the first week of January 2016. This change is due to unforeseen delays and pre-holiday shipping congestion.

As always, you won’t be charged until the wheels actually ship out from our California warehouse and we’ll keep you updated if there are any other changes or delays. Please contact us if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns!
      11-30-2015, 07:32 PM   #21
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY16 F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ApexRaceParts View Post
To all our F8x Group Buy Participants, our latest production update is as follows:

The estimated arrival time of the new F8X track wheels has been pushed back a few weeks to the first week of January 2016. This change is due to unforeseen delays and pre-holiday shipping congestion.

As always, you won’t be charged until the wheels actually ship out from our California warehouse and we’ll keep you updated if there are any other changes or delays. Please contact us if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns!
Sent an email last week asking for shipping info, havent heard anything back...
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #22
ApexWheels
Rep

Don't miss the opportunity to be one of the first 11" EC-7 owners, maximizing your rear traction! The Group Buy will be closing out tomorrow, December 2nd at Midnight PST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Machiavelli View Post
Sent an email last week asking for shipping info, havent heard anything back...
My sincere apologies if we missed your correspondence. I am sending you a PM so that we can assist right away.

- Ryan

Last edited by ApexWheels; 12-01-2015 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0