BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-11-2012, 05:20 AM   #89
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The InsideLine render (of the aerodynamics packet only) is more accurate.
I think the Insideline-Rendering is showing only an dakar-yellow E92 M3 only with F30 lights and grill ... and has nothing to do with reality.

Quote:
A new AutoBild Render is coming soon.
AutoBild has shown the insideline-Rendering in its last issue, do you meen this rendering or is an greater article coming soon ... with an new Rendering from AutoBild ?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #90
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
I think the Insideline-Rendering is showing only an dakar-yellow E92 M3 only with F30 lights and grill ... and has nothing to do with reality.
Yes. But did you read my reply? I was being specific in relation to the difference to the AZ render which was an M-Sport Aerodynamics packet.
The shape of the IL render is more like the actual car in terms of the Aerodynamics packet , but not the render.
      04-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #91
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Yes. But did you read my reply? I was being specific in relation to the difference to the AZ render which was an M-Sport Aerodynamics packet.
The shape of the IL render is more like the actual car in terms of the Aerodynamics packet , but not the render.
Wait - I don't read German - so that red car featured in large size on the magazine cover you posted above is supposed to be an M3? LOL! As if Inside Line wasn't far enough out in left field, now we have an F30 3 series M Sport front end hacked up and put on an E92 coupe and that's supposed to be an F32 M3? I mean, sure I suppose the Inside Line rendering is closer to fact in this case, but that's not saying much as both are a total joke.

Next up: an F10 M5 front end grafted onto an F01 7 LCI with the rear doors removed and front doors extended all the way back. And Frozen Phoenix yellow paint with Frozen MCB wheels. And a giant power bulge to accomodate the V6 TT. And it only has two seats because BMW is going more for the GTS theme. And carbon fibre tires. And a gold drivers seat to signify that it is carbon ceramic. But the passenger seat is blue. That should be a perfect stab at what an F32 M3 will be.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #92
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Next up: an F10 M5 front end grafted onto an F01 7 LCI with the rear doors removed and front doors extended all the way back. And Frozen Phoenix yellow paint with Frozen MCB wheels. And a giant power bulge to accomodate the V6 TT. And it only has two seats because BMW is going more for the GTS theme. And carbon fibre tires. And a gold drivers seat to signify that it is carbon ceramic. But the passenger seat is blue. That should be a perfect stab at what an F32 M3 will be.
WHO told you? I know it wasn't me as I was sworn to secrecy. M is currently holding my left leg as collateral and I want that thing back so I can once again drive- since I can't figure out how to order an automatic, The only thing you forget to reveal is the rocket booster- similar to the one that N. Korea is going to demonstrate this week (BMW spies stole their tech) .
      04-20-2012, 02:52 AM   #93
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Interesting errors in the AutoZeitung render where they dont seem to distinguish M from M-Sport which escapes me for some reason.

The InsideLine render (of the aerodynamics packet only) is more accurate.

A new AutoBild Render is coming soon.
SO now there are the new details about the new M3 from the AutoBild!

In todays AutoBild with great BMW cover story ... Special attention also to the 3er/4er models. And as the Scott26 announced in advance, a new rendering of the M3 is.

AutoBild "Fakts" for the new M3:
- Release Date in 2014
- Rendering is F30 M-sport without fogger + with m-grill
- Engine is an I6 (reinforced + pimped N55?)
- Horsepower as the S65 420HP
- NM-power instead of 400NM now 480NM
- Weight 200kg less to be confirmed

On the whole, nothing spectacular new ... less except for a first mention of 200kg in a print medium. Amazing that the same magazine has spoken in the last issue of a new M3 Coupe with 450HP appearing in 2013 R6 Bi-or TriTurbo.
In particular, the power rating of 420hp (amazing that the PS-data turn out in all recent publications now lower!) as in the E9x would worry me - if they would agree to -, because that would indicate 100% an absolute cost saving motor on N55 base (reinforced crankcase plus modified turbo system and otherwise the most equal to) . A good performance would be - if the weight is right - still really outstanding ... but for "only" 420hp they can leave in principle the "old" S65 inside - would be the same engine weight as an "strengthened" and at least with one more turbo fitted N55 ... well the EU fuel consumption in the S65 would approximately 1ltr. higher and he would have a lower torque ... but damn it would again an absolute M dream car and an "must-have" ... and it exposes the current Downsizingstrategie from BMW as what it is - pure profit maximization by maximum cost reduction ... and only secondarily owed to the environment issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 03:00 AM   #94
kueks29
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

Thanks Uli ... I know why I no longer buy the AudiBlöd!
Every week there are other "facts" in it and on and sold as if it were 100% sure ...
That may be the common tabloid readers might not notice particularly, but any halfway normal thinking person is suspicious ...
But once the M3 (F80) itself:

Release Date
The F80 is almost finished. In principle, it could in the spring of 2013 go on sale ...
Here, however, the Board has been vetoed and set the presentation at Geneva 2014th Background of that E92 and E93 further build-up and fall 2013 are available as M3 is!
The fear is that any more, "the old oldies" buy when the new M3 is available on the market ...

Engine
There were a variety of ideas and a few prototypes with different engines. Ultimately, unfortunately, the 3.0-liter R6-made ​​and based on the N55, the race as you have correctly said: For reasons of cost!
However, according to (not the idiot Audi) real insider info - changed about 75% of all parts of the engine.
Particular attention is probably on a revised firing order to improve the responsiveness of the turbos. Therefore, a different crankshaft ...
In addition, connecting rods and pistons lightened significantly in order to let the engine revving faster and easier ....
Someone told me of a comparison between M5 (F10), M3 (F80) and M3 (E92) on the highway at the end of 100-km/h-Begrenzung!
All three at the same time accelerating out ...
While the F80 and F10 in the same flight disappeared over the horizon, the reporter thought he would have with his E92 M3, just a better walker ...
In this respect it is hoped that the M3 truly dynamically along with the M5 at eye height is ... and I was impressed itself on a test drive with the M5-F10, as the dynamic pushes along ...
Therefore you are the tale of 420 hp safely forget ... According to insiders put 450 hp

Weight
Again, the Audi stupid again reported only superficial knowledge-not surprisingly
In fact, once the initial target of -200 kg compared to the series-335i-F30. But here are business principles and somi was found probably at about 150 kg of the break-even point.
This seems to be assumed to be about 1,450 kg of curb weight ... which is still respectable, because both E90 M3 (at least 1,600 kg), C63 (1.700 Kg) and the next RS4 (approx. 1780 kg) are significantly serious and should not be dynamically along faster with more power ...
But as for the transverse dynamics is expected, the F80 play in a league of its own ...

Personal Conclusion
We hear very little now, and if so, tell five people 10 different stories.
Also, I was more than burnt, as I read of a "pimped-series engine" alone is heard ... the battle cries of gechippten be a 335er spoil the fun of belonging in some respects ...
Also I like the politics of the extreme EBIT maximization does not clean! But you have to keep the M-GmbH good that they finally worked to cover costs ...
At the end it is only the general impression ... and it will be the M3 must be judged ...

It's like every time a new M3 is:
There is wild speculation, and long before the more details come to light, becomes all the more whined, bitched and nagging ...
Just before the presentation will be the "iconic M3" totgeredet and sentenced to die ... because the predecessor was so good and yes unbeaten in all aspects ...
All these theories are then supported in the presentation and in the first few weeks because the new has become soooo bad and boring ...
But no sooner have the first of the new and the first comparison appear in print and visual media, is suddenly the new M3 is the best ever and it has never doubted anyone
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 03:54 AM   #95
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

So the very first infos that the "M3 F30" would be lighter than the M3 E46 appear to be true. I posted that very long ago. Eventhough it is an N55 base, I so so so so so much wish it will be M worthy, not like the 1M engine, and even better than the M5 engine, afterall it is an M3, the most tracked BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #96
bernstem
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
- Engine is an I6 (reinforced + pimped N55?)
Just buy a 335 or, better yet, a 135 lightly mod and chip it and walk the M3 in a straight line for less money.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #97
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernstem View Post
Just buy a 335 or, better yet, a 135 lightly mod and chip it and walk the M3 in a straight line for less money.
But you can do the same today. Surely you were not expecting an M3 with 500hp+?

Also, there is much more to an M3 than just straight line performance.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #98
bernstem
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
But you can do the same today. Surely you were not expecting an M3 with 500hp+?

Also, there is much more to an M3 than just straight line performance.
I admit that there is a lot more to an M3 than straight line performance, but I was expecting a more unique engine than a 3.0L turbo six based off the same engine block as the N55. It has been a long time since the M3 had an engine with the same displacement as the base 3 series. I think you have to go all the way back to the E30 M3 to find one.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #99
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernstem View Post
It has been a long time since the M3 had an engine with the same displacement as the base 3 series. I think you have to go all the way back to the E30 M3 to find one.
Sure, but we can say the same of the M5.

The new F10 M5 is powered by the S63tu which is based upon and has the same displacement as the N63 in the 550i. All previous iterations of the M5 (to the best of my knowledge and recollection) had more displacement than any 5 series of the same generation. And yet the new M5 and M6 are recieving high praise from most every reviewer.

There's nothing compelling to suggest the M3 cannot follow this same formula while receiving the same type of accolades.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #100
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
There's nothing compelling to suggest the M3 cannot follow this same formula while receiving the same type of accolades.
An M is always much,much more than just an engine or a top speed.
How much "enthusiasts" lose sight of that.

Which is why in a review of an M car there is acolades and awards when our competition gains an average review.

The key to a good M car first begins with the base chassis and if it is an award winning drivers car (3er) then you are off to a good start.
If your chassis is average (VW based for example) you lose that balance.
      04-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #101
bernstem
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I agree. The M3 is more than just the engine or numbers, and I will certainly wait to see what the final reveal and real world performance shows. Even if it is a 3.0L inline 6, I'm sure it will be significantly different and a great performer. That won't entirely erase some of the feeling of dissapointment that it is just a massaged N55 with bigger turbos.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #102
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Already now for many 335i E9X owners the M3 E9X is not the better car. So how to explain it to them about the 335i F30 and M3 F80? At least on M3, while you can add power, on the 335i you can't substruct weight.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #103
BimmaDrew
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 325 Ci

And don't forget the suspension tuning and LSD that M's receive. Yes, you can add those to the 335, but not without significant $$.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #104
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmaDrew View Post
And don't forget the suspension tuning and LSD that M's receive. Yes, you can add those to the 335, but not without significant $$.

Only by getting (custom) CF body panels, or stripping the car down, at the cost of daily usability, but unlike BMW M, you can't make any chassis modifications, what is just the case and the reason why M3 is coded F80 and not F30.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #105
dsmcleod
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread
That is the laziest photoshop ever.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #106
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

The current M3 is sure to be a classic, but the upcoming M3/M4 will put up better numbers for sure and the engine will be easier to make crazy power with a chip. I'm not so hot on the F30 series interiors. I do like the 5 series interiors more. I must be getting soft and wanting a more luxurious car.

Last edited by hakaida442; 05-12-2012 at 06:48 PM..
Appreciate 0