Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

10-28-2017, 02:08 PM   #23
996ttelise
Captain
Rep
Drives: 458, GTS, Performante

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
So, you're not accelerating between apex and track out ?
If you are accelerating that hard from that low of speed, you blew something bad even in an increasing radius . . . again, which turns on which track are you that low in speed.

One should be at least well into the 40s even through the slow speed hair pin at Barber that is increasing radius. You sound more like a red light to red light straight line guy. I am a road racer. Different disciplines all together.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #24
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
If you are accelerating that hard from that low of speed, you blew something bad even in an increasing radius . . . again, which turns on which track are you that low in speed.

One should be at least well into the 40s even through the slow speed hair pin at Barber that is increasing radius. You sound more like a red light to red light straight line guy. I am a road racer. Different disciplines all together.
What does the speed have to do with it?

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 03:40 PM   #25
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

Quote:
What does the speed have to do with it?
Lol, I guess your breaking traction all the way up to 150 mph . . . Except for you, road course guys go to stickier tires to hold higher speeds through corners which give higher track out speeds and for later braking. You purchase stickier tires so you can get better traction while accelerating down the straight because your car's awesomeness has no traction up to 100. We have been doing at all wrong or our cars just lack the awesomeness of your car.

As noted above, you are not even talking a change to true high performance tires . . . just high performance streets to streetable R compounds. The acceleration difference there at normal track speeds would be negligible so your theory that streetable Rs will benefit the base M4 more than a ZCP and a CS and will make a base M4 equal to or similar to the ZCP and CS on a full road course is silly.

In general, cars with better suspensions will gain more from the stickier tires than the cars with the crappier suspension.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 09:49 PM   #26
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Lol, I guess your breaking traction all the way up to 150 mph . . . Except for you, road course guys go to stickier tires to hold higher speeds through corners which give higher track out speeds and for later braking. You purchase stickier tires so you can get better traction while accelerating down the straight because your car's awesomeness has no traction up to 100. We have been doing at all wrong or our cars just lack the awesomeness of your car.
Hmmmm, ever heard about the "friction circle"?

I can easily break the rear end lose at 80+mph while tracking out, and can assure you, there is nothing "awesome" about my car.

Quote:
As noted above, you are not even talking a change to true high performance tires . . . just high performance streets to streetable R compounds. The acceleration difference there at normal track speeds would be negligible so your theory that streetable Rs will benefit the base M4 more than a ZCP and a CS and will make a base M4 equal to or similar to the ZCP and CS on a full road course is silly.

In general, cars with better suspensions will gain more from the stickier tires than the cars with the crappier suspension.
And BTW, I never said R-comps (even the lowly ones we use) would benefit the "base" M4 more. I actually said the opposite.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 10-28-2017 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 08:27 AM   #27
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Hmmmm, ever heard about the "friction circle"?

I can easily break the rear end lose at 80+mph while tracking out, and can assure you, there is nothing "awesome" about my car.

And BTW, I never said R-comps (even the lowly ones we use) would benefit the "base" M4 more. I actually said the opposite.
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1434829

2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321115.00
      10-29-2017, 08:32 AM   #28
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

That being said, I don't expect a night-and-day difference in lap times between a base M4, a CP M4 and an M4 CS when all are shod with the same r-comp tires.
The above certainly implies that the base would catch up to (i.e., benefit more than) the ZCP and CS on R-Comps.

RE:

The friction circle comment . . . non-responsive deflection with terms you apparently read or learn spending time on forums or at best minimal, crude anecdotal evidence. . . . Lol, this reminds me of your comment about correcting understeer when at the absolute limits with throttle oversteer . . . This is just more of the same.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 08:47 AM   #29
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The above certainly implies that the base would catch up to (i.e., benefit more than) the ZCP and CS on R-Comps.
Read the whole post

Quote:
RE:

The friction circle comment . . . non-responsive deflection with terms you apparently read or learn spending time on forums or at best minimal, crude anecdotal evidence. . . . Lol, this reminds me of your comment about correcting understeer when at the absolute limits with throttle oversteer . . . This is just more of the same.
Yup, that's you. Not able to substantiate any of your comments... There's nothing anecdotal about the friction circle in the context of this discussion.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 10-29-2017 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 08:57 AM   #30
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Read the whole post

Yup, that's you. Not able to substantiate any of your comments...
Nope, just demonstrates your failure to understand the true issue with applying more or too much power between apex and track out completely unrelated to putting power down or ability to put power down between apex and track out and having zero to do with power of the car unless you have completely blown the turn or potentially a super low speed increasing radius. Lol, you would induce the opposite problem (push) with what you would attempt to correct with the very driver error causing the problem (correct understeer with more throttle) based on your earlier statements in another thread.
Appreciate 0