ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-15-2017, 02:29 AM   #1
rhm_SIIM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MY19 M4 CP (SMB)

Any info on the M Performance pads?

Am hearing they are similar to (same as?) Pagid RS29?

At £612 they seem rather over priced? And 1.75hr labour on top means about 750/800??

The M Performance site also says they are only available with new discs which surely cannot be true?

So has anyone got them and care to say if they are any good? Is there any advantage to these over finding some Pagids and getting a normal garage to fit them?

Thanks,

Rich.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
baz171
Private
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3 SS M Performance CF

The M Performance pads are quite possibly the same as the RS29, they are made by the company that owns the Pagid brand.

I've had a set and they were fine, did not disappoint.

I don't think £615 is a bad price if thats for front and rears. Probably same as per the RS29s.

You don't need BMW to fit, it's a job you can do on your own if you have right tools without much fuss.

It is recommended that they are fitted with new discs but you can just order them from parts on their own.

I did have an issue when I went to replace my set, BMW across the UK had stopped supplying them. So not sure if they are available again.

I'd just buy whatever is cheapest when looking.

I havent looked to see if theres any info or reviews on EBC yellow stuff, but it might be worth looking at those.
2014 F80 M3 / YMB / SS & CF interior / Black M437s / M Performance CF front splitters - CF boot lip - Electronic CF & alcantara steering wheel - CF & alcantara handbrake - YMB custom painted door cards & radio/CC surround - YMB custom painted engine cover
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #3
Jimbooo
UK F82 owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz171 View Post

I havent looked to see if theres any info or reviews on EBC yellow stuff, but it might be worth looking at those.
ive got yellow stuff front and rear on mine.

far better than OEM on track (2 laps to fade on oem vs the longest session on last track day was 10 laps and no fade at all).

daily driving - cold bite is ok, a tad worse than OEM but nothing that causes any issue you just push a little harder on the pedal when cold. slight squeal when stopping but only the last 2 foot of the stop not the whole time and not very loud. this is only when cold and plodding around town. once warmed up there is no squeal.

when going for it the braking performance is awesome in comparison to OEM. i have nothing else to compare to so cant comment on yellow stuff vs pagid/MP pads

dust seems a little less than OEM as well which is a bonus

mine have done just over 1000 miles so far and ill be replacing with more yellow stuff when the time comes.

£146 for the fronts and £120 for the rear was what i paid from some random ebay shop. £40 cash to fit from local garage or indeed DIY if you can be bothered, it doesnt look too challenging.
gatsojon498.00