EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

11-09-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
xsilvor
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Loaner vehicles during routine service?

Heya.

I don't know why it took so long for this to occur to me, but after 9 years of taking M3s and M4s to the same Houston dealer for scheduled/routine service, I have not once received a loaner vehicle.

Is this typical?

I would get a complimentary loaner when I would take my old school IS300 in to Lexus for service, and my coworkers all tell me they get loaners when they go in for things as simple as a routine oil change (Cadillac and Lexus dealers, specifically).

When I made my appointment yesterday, I was told I didn't qualify for a loaner - fine, but what does qualify? Service customer for 9 years, and bought my last M4 there.

Help me out! Am I expecting too much? Thanks!
2008 E92 M3 DCT (RIP) - Jet Black.Black.Carbon
Dinan, Wheels & Accessories for Sale
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Not sure which dealership you are using but that is utter nonsense - with Momentum SW (I use Shef for last 15 years), I always got a loaner whenever I needed one - just had to ask Shef and/or request one on the sign-up sheet online - invariably it is always best to call you service advisor to ensure you land one though. Last one I got a couple weeks ago was a brand new 4 series coupe with 200 miles on the clock - very acceptable loaner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsilvor View Post
Heya.

I don't know why it took so long for this to occur to me, but after 9 years of taking M3s and M4s to the same Houston dealer for scheduled/routine service, I have not once received a loaner vehicle.

Is this typical?

I would get a complimentary loaner when I would take my old school IS300 in to Lexus for service, and my coworkers all tell me they get loaners when they go in for things as simple as a routine oil change (Cadillac and Lexus dealers, specifically).

When I made my appointment yesterday, I was told I didn't qualify for a loaner - fine, but what does qualify? Service customer for 9 years, and bought my last M4 there.

Help me out! Am I expecting too much? Thanks!
      11-09-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
xsilvor
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Not sure which dealership you are using but that is utter nonsense - with Momentum SW (I use Shef for last 15 years), I always got a loaner whenever I needed one - just had to ask Shef and/or request one on the sign-up sheet online - invariably it is always best to call you service advisor to ensure you land one though. Last one I got a couple weeks ago was a brand new 4 series coupe with 200 miles on the clock - very acceptable loaner!
Wasn't going to name names, but I'll go ahead I've been using BMW Momentum West. Apparently my SA was promoted to Service Manager, and this will the first time I've worked with this SA. You think I should give them a call directly?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #4
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Well for ref again I did not even purchase my M4 from Momentum SW and it has more to do with my relationship perhaps with Shef for so many years (did buy 3 prev Bimmers from them though).

Certainly wouldn't do any harm to call your SA and ask what it is you have to do to ensure availability of a loaner when you take your car in next time. There is usually a lead time requested to book a loaner so this may have been the issue with your previous visits? Def qualify for a loaner having purchased your car with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsilvor View Post
Wasn't going to name names, but I'll go ahead I've been using BMW Momentum West. Apparently my SA was promoted to Service Manager, and this will the first time I've worked with this SA. You think I should give them a call directly?

Last edited by ciaranob; 11-09-2017 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #5
shiv.nandak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C7 Z06, 16' M4 6MT SO

When you book the appointment for service, be sure to tell them that you need a loaner. I usually call the dealer service department to setup the appointment. Some dealers actually even offer premium loaners for the upper tier cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 04:13 PM   #6
Zayzel
IG: @Zayzel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Atlantis Metallic M3

That's pretty weird. I bought a 6 series a couple years ago and my local BMW dealership had never even seen my face before. I took it in for an oil change and to get my a fog light changed out under warranty and they gave me a loaner for several days without question.

Since then, I've bought an M3 from an entirely different dealership and they still give me loaners everytime I go in for anything. Haven't driven anything smaller than a 5 series.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 08:23 PM   #7
xsilvor
Captain
United_States
Rep

Came back just to say I had a good experience with my service earlier this week, and received a loaner without any hesitation. My SA had me covered.
Appreciate 0