Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

05-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
4/3rds
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 (transporting)

Garage List
Flipping your M4

Im a first time poster, long time troller so be gentle. Personally I have been anxiously awaiting my M4 for months. Week 26 build(almost there!) Has anyone seriously thought about flipping their M3/M4 for a few thousand dollar payoff? Blasphemy I know. None the less there is one on ebay right now. Interesting part is the description of it being available "weeks before everyone else". Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

It's a launch car on ebay, just like mine.. The problem is, all launch cars are sitting at port along with the one on ebay. BMW says they are waiting for an update, but most of us including myself feel it's BS as few dealers and people have taken delivery of their M4/M3's already going almost a month back for one member "UAE"

Launch date is the june 21. I think what the seller mean's is that these launch cars are meant to sit at dealerships to be viewed and demoed, in order for that dealer to make more sales of the M4/M3's as well as generating more foot traffic. BMW has optioned out the launch cars, not the dealers. BMW want's people to experience what they want people to in different parts of the world as far as tech goes... Most dealers allocations are already full up for this entire model year. The first actual batches of customer ordered cars will not hit the states till almost end of summer.

So in reality, Some dealers are selling these launch cars at full MSRP OR Over as some have stated to make quick money, instead of using them as a demo because most of their allocations are sold out, so what do they need a demo for when the bmw dealers cannot order one for you this year?

So if you purchased a launch car, you will be the only one in your area having the M3/M4 and that will get much attention. The official launch date is June 21st but there will be nothing to launch except the launch cars (aka dealer/demo cars!) lol hope this all makes sense
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
4/3rds
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I figured as much reading all the threads about the "holding" pattern or "software update" hold or whatever they want to call it. I actually feel lucky to be #2 on my dealers list. I had no expectation of getting mine this early.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #4
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
This is a dealer launch car... so this car is at the mercy of BMW's retail hold just as any of the other launch cars are. You would have be a moron to pay over MSRP for this car when you can pretty easily find a BMW dealer that will sell a new one for less. If you were thinking of "flipping" your M4, I can tell you there are easier ways of making money.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
This is a dealer launch car... so this car is at the mercy of BMW's retail hold just as any of the other launch cars are. You would have be a moron to pay over MSRP for this car when you can pretty easily find a BMW dealer that will sell a new one for less. If you were thinking of "flipping" your M4, I can tell you there are easier ways of making money.
For males at least! I just spend an hour of listening an unhappy house wife, and a poop boys are in demand here.

I need new friends.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #6
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
For males at least! I just spend an hour of listening an unhappy house wife, and a poop boys are in demand here.

I need new friends.
If you need new friends, buying a BMW M car isn't your best move. This statement is absolute scientific fact, that has been proven over and over again. Luckily, most of us know this when signing the paperwork, and we are resigned to living out our social lives on bimmerpost. And I will not go OT, so I will also say that flipping an M4 will not be the most beneficial use of your time, so just drive it and be friendless and be happy.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
If you need new friends, buying a BMW M car isn't your best move. This statement is absolute scientific fact, that has been proven over and over again. Luckily, most of us know this when signing the paperwork, and we are resigned to living out our social lives on bimmerpost. And I will not go OT, so I will also say that flipping an M4 will not be the most beneficial use of your time, so just drive it and be friendless and be happy.
I suspect dear Wah, that we end up being real friends someday, since we have the same unfortunate background. In summertime, we have to get a real freak meet together, we just calculate where the middle spot for the average is and off we all go.

I'll go with your method of not OT, and say I agree with your words, OP, no life is fun, come and join us, money is for people who don't have internet.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I suspect dear Wah, that we end up being real friends someday, since we have the same unfortunate background. In summertime, we have to get a real freak meet together, we just calculate where the middle spot for the average is and off we all go.

I'll go with your method of not OT, and say I agree with your words, OP, no life is fun, come and join us, money is for people who don't have internet.
It is a shame that the clock is ticking for you. You need to take your car with you when you leave... and not try to flip it.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #9
4/3rds
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Let me be very clear, I have zero intentions of giving up my order. I was just curious of anyone was planning on do it. Seems like a least one guy "settled" for 6 series on another post and gave his spot to someone here on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #10
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4/3rds View Post
Let me be very clear, I have zero intentions of giving up my order. I was just curious of anyone was planning on do it. Seems like a least one guy "settled" for 6 series on another post and gave his spot to someone here on the forum.
We are already ruining your thread, sorry. I have to say, that I've been curious about this too, this was a good question, but this forum is full of Porsche fanatics and us bimmeridiots, so it's not as likely to be the place a flipping plan would be posted. I don't know, men are freaks.
Appreciate 0