Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

03-17-2017, 03:27 AM   #23
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv.nandak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's on first View Post
Put 17,000 miles on my 2015.. in 9 months, did NOT follow break-in rules, in the least.

Never needed a drop.

10,300 mile on my 2016 CP car... mildly followed break-in period.. not a drop needed.

Could just simply be luck of the draw.
Did you wait until car was warm before driving it hard? If not, it's nice to hear that your car has not had any issues after 10k + miles.
That I always do.

Needle has to move off 160 (I think that's the lowest on the gauge).
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #24
M3Teg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Did the new engine and turbos fix the issue?
My car is stilling having the same issue. They ended up putting a new oil pan and said there was oil all over the underside after a week of working on the car, they said the car is ready. And they ended up scratching my front bumper. So my SA was getting it repainted for me. So I got to drive the car for a week in between and the smoke was still there. So I told me SA when I went to drop the car off to get the bumper repainted. He said it's probably normal and I shouldn't really mind. Then I get a call the next day that they were driving my car to the body shop and they noticed the smoke, so they ended up taking it back to the dealership and they are trying to figure out what's causing the smoke ever since it's been a week now.. I haven't had my car for 13+ days already. And the problem is still undetermined.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 02:42 AM   #25
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Teg View Post
Did the new engine and turbos fix the issue?
My car is stilling having the same issue. They ended up putting a new oil pan and said there was oil all over the underside after a week of working on the car, they said the car is ready. And they ended up scratching my front bumper. So my SA was getting it repainted for me. So I got to drive the car for a week in between and the smoke was still there. So I told me SA when I went to drop the car off to get the bumper repainted. He said it's probably normal and I shouldn't really mind. Then I get a call the next day that they were driving my car to the body shop and they noticed the smoke, so they ended up taking it back to the dealership and they are trying to figure out what's causing the smoke ever since it's been a week now.. I haven't had my car for 13+ days already. And the problem is still undetermined.
Do you see blue smoke coming out of the tail pipe..? The best way to observe this behavior would be when leaving the car sitting over night and the cranking the engine in the morning... Better if left alone for the weekend. Crank your engine and observe your tail pipe as it could take some time depending on temperature of where you live. If you have leaky seal it will seep into the exhaust manifold and as the engine warms up it will spew blue smoke. Doesn't matte if it is small... Blue smoke is not normal and means that oil is being burnt. Film the whole thing if you can and show it to your service adviser. It could also mean that oil is seeping through the valve seats or piston rings.

I have also seen cars that require oil often and the problem seems to be that crank case ventilation valve. If this is the case, one thing to check would be the intake track will have a heaving buildup of oil. You should have oil anyways in the intake but it should be like a film and not heavy.

good luck buddy..!
Appreciate 0