R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

02-22-2017, 03:40 AM   #1
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Xdrive

Coilovers

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what Coilovers people are using? My car is my daily, so i would like to drop my car a little yet gain a comfortable ride!

I have heard the Bilstein PSS10's are quality and the combined rebound/compression works well.

Open to suggestions

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 08:25 AM   #2
Race82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1 View Post
Hey Guys,

Just wondering what Coilovers people are using? My car is my daily, so i would like to drop my car a little yet gain a comfortable ride!

I have heard the Bilstein PSS10's are quality and the combined rebound/compression works well.

Open to suggestions

Cheers
Why not install the new M Performance HAS kit? Retains factory warranty and EDC settings...comfy ride in comfy mode?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 02:26 AM   #3
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by awbmw View Post
Why not install the new M Performance HAS kit? Retains factory warranty and EDC settings...comfy ride in comfy mode?
Hey mate,

Is the Mperformance HAS kit EDC? What is that kit worth?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 06:18 AM   #4
Allure
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY17 M3

Good question. How much are these going for?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 09:18 PM   #5
KiwiInOZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

You can get the kit landed for around $1700 from the US and dealers will fit them as long as they are genuine. They work with EDC, in fact BMW recode the EDC to suit the springs.

Install at BMW is around $1500 including corner balance and alignment with the replacement HT bolts.

Just had them installed yesterday and have to say I'm very happy with them over the spring only kit that I had before.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 12:22 AM   #6
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiInOZ View Post
You can get the kit landed for around $1700 from the US and dealers will fit them as long as they are genuine. They work with EDC, in fact BMW recode the EDC to suit the springs.

Install at BMW is around $1500 including corner balance and alignment with the replacement HT bolts.

Just had them installed yesterday and have to say I'm very happy with them over the spring only kit that I had before.
Hey mate,

They actually seem like pretty good value for money!! I just had Some Emmanuel Design springs put in my car about a week ago, i am not really happy with them at all! The car rides like standard but it is very bouncy!

What is the ride quality like with those Mperformance coilovers?? I daily my car and ride quality is a big concern to me. Whats it like in comfort mode compared to the standard suspension comfort mode?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 02:16 AM   #7
Ghosn
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1 View Post
Hey mate,

They actually seem like pretty good value for money!! I just had Some Emmanuel Design springs put in my car about a week ago, i am not really happy with them at all! The car rides like standard but it is very bouncy!

What is the ride quality like with those Mperformance coilovers?? I daily my car and ride quality is a big concern to me. Whats it like in comfort mode compared to the standard suspension comfort mode?
There's a massive thread about them. I think around page 36ish you'll find people starting to get them installed with reviews, all of which have praised the suspension in all aspects of handling/performance.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1191427
      02-25-2017, 02:34 AM   #8
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosn View Post
There's a massive thread about them. I think around page 36ish you'll find people starting to get them installed with reviews, all of which have praised the suspension in all aspects of handling/performance.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1191427
cheers!

After putting in lowering springs i am very cautious about ride comfortabilty now!
I don't know if there is a coilover setup that can be setup to ride better than standard? i've heard that moton coilovers can be setup to ride like and S class, but they are big $$$.
Appreciate 0