BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

01-22-2018, 03:57 PM   #23
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
I opt'ed for the genuine BMW M-Performance Ti-Tips and have to say they are worth it. I understand price may be an issue for some, but from a design perspective, the proportions, fit, finish, and overall design are perfectly matched for the vehicle.

I'm sure you could get a knock-off version that costs far less and look very similar, but that would be the equivalent of buying a fake pair of collectable sneakers vs. purchasing an authentic pair. The fake pair might look similar, but the fit, materials, bonding techniques, and ultimately design do not meet the manufacturer's specs.

Of course, this is just an example. You could pretty much replace sneakers with any popular and/or highly desired item.

Keep it real!

They look real nice. How much did those cost you ? And why isn't there any carbon fiber sleeves over the tips. Do you get to option it that way, with or without .
      01-22-2018, 04:07 PM   #24
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post
They look real nice. How much did those cost you ? And why isn't there any carbon fiber sleeves over the tips. Do you get to option it that way, with or without .
THE mpe comes with option of titanium tips or carbon fiber.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 04:13 PM   #25
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
THE mpe comes with option of titanium tips or carbon fiber.
Oh alright gotcha, whats the price difference between Ti and CF tips
      01-22-2018, 04:14 PM   #26
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamDavid View Post
I absolutely love it when someone on the internet posts "Why is (insert your item here) so expensive?" Let me give you a bit of education that will take you far.

An item costs as much as people are willing to pay for it. It’s that simple.

Stop buying expensive exhaust tips and the price will drop.
Not necessarily true. Remember these are companies that make products for other vehicle brands. They'll just make up for whatever with those other brand cars.

They could simply just stop production on X item and only produce once they get an order without changing the price lol.
      01-22-2018, 05:22 PM   #27
TKT2SPEED
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80M3 Comp X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
I opt'ed for the genuine BMW M-Performance Ti-Tips and have to say they are worth it. I understand price may be an issue for some, but from a design perspective, the proportions, fit, finish, and overall design are perfectly matched for the vehicle.

I'm sure you could get a knock-off version that costs far less and look very similar, but that would be the equivalent of buying a fake pair of collectable sneakers vs. purchasing an authentic pair. The fake pair might look similar, but the fit, materials, bonding techniques, and ultimately design do not meet the manufacturer's specs.

Of course, this is just an example. You could pretty much replace sneakers with any popular and/or highly desired item.

Keep it real!

How did you get these to fit with stock rear section I heard they wouldn't fit unless you had an m performance exhaust ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 05:41 PM   #28
Teeone
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

I am pretty certain that he has zcp with mpe according to a prior post. I would get the TI ones if they fit std exhaust as well. Trying to decide if I upgrade exhaust or just get tips. Easy to spend money on this car!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 05:41 PM   #29
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKT2SPEED View Post
How did you get these to fit with stock rear section I heard they wouldn't fit unless you had an m performance exhaust ?

Thanks
You cannot fit MPE tips to stock Exhaust. Different dimensions.

There are aftermarket options for tips for the stock exhaust. Actually some of them look very nice. It's a good option for look and not have to blow 2k+ for the entire axle back exhaust for minimal exhaust tone change.
      01-22-2018, 06:16 PM   #30
BhamDavid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Not necessarily true. Remember these are companies that make products for other vehicle brands. They'll just make up for whatever with those other brand cars.

They could simply just stop production on X item and only produce once they get an order without changing the price lol.
Get an MBA in Economics and get back with me on this.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #31
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamDavid View Post
Get an MBA in Economics and get back with me on this.
Don't need to get one. You're saying just because people won't buy X thing automatically means they're gonna drop the price. They might drop the price to the item on clearance to free up inventory space and then bump the price back up lol.
      01-22-2018, 08:32 PM   #32
BhamDavid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Don't need to get one. You're saying just because people won't buy X thing automatically means they're gonna drop the price. They might drop the price to the item on clearance to free up inventory space and then bump the price back up lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 09:12 PM   #33
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKT2SPEED View Post

Thanks
I have the M-Performance Exhaust System with Ti-Tips. Had it installed at the dealer prior to taking delivery.

I'm sure you could make it fit with the stock exhaust if you used a reducer to step down. Any good performance shop should be able to weld something up for you.

/// M3
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 09:17 PM   #34
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post

No carbon because I opted for the Titanium only. Don't recall the exact cost, but it's just under $1k for the set if remember correctly. The version with the carbon sleeve is about $1,400.

Check out this link. There is plenty of pics and good information about the MPE Performance Exhaust system.

/// M3
Appreciate 1
BimmerFix1386.00