GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

11-25-2015, 02:04 PM   #1
mgcyr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 GTS, ‘17 Cayenne

I'm thinking of getting windows tinted and having my TAG installed there. Anyone have any experience?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #2
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Given you are in the greater Montreal area, I recommend you go to a place used to high end cars or find out which installer does the dealer use. Where I did my Xpel they also do tinted windows (Protex Laval). I wouldn't let Lebeau touch my M with a 10' pole

As for the Tag, I decided against it in the first 2.5years as I have valeur à neuf. You could go directly to tag to have it installed.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2015, 08:14 AM   #3
mgcyr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
Given you are in the greater Montreal area, I recommend you go to a place used to high end cars or find out which installer does the dealer use. Where I did my Xpel they also do tinted windows (Protex Laval). I wouldn't let Lebeau touch my M with a 10' pole

As for the Tag, I decided against it in the first 2.5years as I have valeur à neuf. You could go directly to tag to have it installed.
Thanks. I called Protex, and they don't tint windows. I'll have to check around Montreal and see who comes recommended.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 08:19 AM   #4
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Which protex did you call? I know protex Laval offered it to me, who knows maybe it's seasonal... I know the installer at BMW Laval has been doing it there for the past 10-15 years and I saw him work one time at the dealer, pretty impressive. But I don't know the company, sorry.

UPDATE: I was talking w my tire supplier Vag Motorsport and he recommended Pelti for tints, and Protex Laval is a recommended Pelti installer. I know when I spoke w Protex Laval owner Bobby, he told me in August that they are two companies under one roof: PPF and window tints. Check other Pelti installers from their website.

Last edited by aboulfad; 11-27-2015 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #5
mgcyr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad
Which protex did you call? I know protex Laval offered it to me, who knows maybe it's seasonal... I know the installer at BMW Laval has been doing it there for the past 10-15 years and I saw him work one time at the dealer, pretty impressive. But I don't know the company, sorry.

UPDATE: I was talking w my tire supplier Vag Motorsport and he recommended Pelti for tints, and Protex Laval is a recommended Pelti installer. I know when I spoke w Protex Laval owner Bobby, he told me in August that they are two companies under one roof: PPF and window tints. Check other Pelti installers from their website.
Great. Thanks for the advice.

As for TAG, my insurance requires it.
Appreciate 0