Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

08-04-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

Did He Call It A "Zit"?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I wish I knew Dutch, I think he called the "turbo motor...zit"

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 03:38 AM   #2
Fr1zGum
Private First Class
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

Can somebody explain me briefly what this guy said about M4?
      08-04-2014, 04:33 AM   #3
///REWO
Rep
Drives: 05' 116i high executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
I wish I knew Dutch, I think he called the "turbo motor...zit"

No he didn't, he actually liked the car.

Since I'm Dutch i can help you guys here.

The video starts with him talking about the ETTC in eastern Europe (Czechoslovakia) in the 70's and 80's before the teardown of the Berling Wall in 1989. In 1984 Jaguar won the ETTC with the XJS.

He than starts talking about the F-type and asks: "Is 2014 also the year for Jaguar?" and "How will the M4 compare to the F-type?"

He said the reason Jaguar won the 1984 ETTC is the engine. The V12 had more power than its competitors and it was a lot more reliable.

What he said about the F-type:
- He really likes the engine, especially the sound of the V6.
- Because of the Supercharger, the throttle response is amazing
- He also likes the ZF transmission, it is quick, though not as fast as a DCT, but way smoother at low speeds.
- He than talks about the design, Its a positive design, A happy looking car. In comparison the M4 looks way more aggressive.
- He also likes the hydraulic steering of the F-type, though at high speeds it is a little insecure.

Now the M4:
- He generally likes the engine, especially the amount of torque and the acceleration of the M4
- He didn't like the sound at all, the engine makes a lot of noise, but it doesn't sound like anything, especially when compared with the previous gen M3.
- The responsiveness: It wasn't as good as it used to be with the E92, though it is way better than any Turbo engine he has driven.
- He states the M4 isn't a sports-car, it's a modified Coupe, but when driving at the limit it feels like a supercar, which makes it a competitor for the 911.
- Also when driving at the limit, the M4 beats the F-type, which is a huge compliment according to him.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #4
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

Thank you Rewo.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #5
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///REWO View Post
No he didn't, he actually liked the car.

Since I'm Dutch i can help you guys here.

The video starts with him talking about the ETTC in eastern Europe (Czechoslovakia) in the 70's and 80's before the teardown of the Berling Wall in 1989. In 1984 Jaguar won the ETTC with the XJS.

He than starts talking about the F-type and asks: "Is 2014 also the year for Jaguar?" and "How will the M4 compare to the F-type?"

He said the reason Jaguar won the 1984 ETTC is the engine. The V12 had more power than its competitors and it was a lot more reliable.

What he said about the F-type:
- He really likes the engine, especially the sound of the V6.
- Because of the Supercharger, the throttle response is amazing
- He also likes the ZF transmission, it is quick, though not as fast as a DCT, but way smoother at low speeds.
- He than talks about the design, Its a positive design, A happy looking car. In comparison the M4 looks way more aggressive.
- He also likes the hydraulic steering of the F-type, though at high speeds it is a little insecure.

Now the M4:
- He generally likes the engine, especially the amount of torque and the acceleration of the M4
- He didn't like the sound at all, the engine makes a lot of noise, but it doesn't sound like anything, especially when compared with the previous gen M3.
- The responsiveness: It wasn't as good as it used to be with the E92, though it is way better than any Turbo engine he has driven.
- He states the M4 isn't a sports-car, it's a modified Coupe, but when driving at the limit it feels like a supercar, which makes it a competitor for the 911.
- Also when driving at the limit, the M4 beats the F-type, which is a huge compliment according to him.

Thank you sir, I was also wondering what was said in this review.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #6
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

If only BMW had supercharged the I6 instead of turbocharging it when they downsized from the V8, i think we would have had a truly epic car for the ages. Certainly would have removed alot of the consternation with the F8X platform as I don't think anyone would have been against a supercharged I6
Appreciate 0