Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

01-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #45
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky1215 View Post
You cannot get cloth interior and HUD together in the car with US spec. Getting executive package removes cloth interior and forces you to get either extended or full leather.
HUD is not available as standalone option.
Actually, HUD can be custom ordered stand alone even in the 320i in the USA -regardless of upholstery. So as long as the HUD can be selected stand-alone in other parts of the world as an option then it can be custom ordered in the USA in any BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #46
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I'm not sure, but there are a lot of pics floating around of the matte trim. We're still trying to get confirmation if the matte trim is standard, and Shadowline is the shiny trim, or if the shiny trim is standard, and the matte trim is Shadowline.

He matte looks better to me:

As posted before, the gloss window trim option name is Shadowline. There is no name for the standard flat trim outside the USA.
Ah okay! I must've missed that. I'm hoping that we get the option not to opt for Shadowline.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #47
mdss6
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 (ZCP M-DCT) on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Actually, HUD can be custom ordered stand alone even in the 320i in the USA -regardless of upholstery. So as long as the HUD can be selected stand-alone in other parts of the world as an option then it can be custom ordered in the USA in any BMW.
Thanks, that is (hopefully) great information. On the configurator it is not even listed as part of a package for the 320i, and I've gotten pushback from the dealer about being able to stray from the ordering guide. But you can always be told "no" at a low level. The question usually turns into one of how high up do you have to go to get approval for a "yes" (or how much you'll have to pay). But I'll ask more pointed questions at the dealer.

For reference, do you know the pricing for the stand alone HUD?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #48
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Damn i need an f80!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #49
BelgiumsterlingZ4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 s-drive 28i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdss6 View Post
Greetings. To my surprise the European debut of the 2015 M3/4 occurred at the Brussels Auto Show instead of waiting for the Geneva show in March. But lucky for me.

And I learned a few things from the BMW reps:
- The M emblem in the seats is not backlit. The logo is made of a "glow in the dark" material, but it is not powered.
- At least in Europe, the trim is optionally glossy or matte. At the show it was glossy.

Per my own impression of the new seats as someone who is 6'2" with most of my height in my legs and who had an E46 M3, they are comfortable and supportive. There is no extendable thigh support, but the new seat offers at least as good if not better thigh support than did the E46 seat with the adjustable support. My critique is that they don't provide much lateral support up near the shoulders. They look good and like they would provide some cornering support, but I could easily rock side to side. I hope the cloth will provide more gripe. Though I was disappointed that the cloth in the 2-series on hand proved to be almost as slippery as leather...

Edit - A note on size. I've added a photo demonstrating the rear legroom in the sedan. I've seen multiple size comparisons to the E39, and while the exterior dimensions are similar, as a former E39 owner (who used it for a family trip) I find no comparison on rear legroom. The F80/82 is much better. For the photo I had the front seat adjusted to a comfortable position for my long legs and my knees still cleared the seat back. To me the new car is the perfect size to just carry four adults in comfort without being too big. I think BMW should also have a smaller rear drive sedan (i.e. 4-door version of the new 2-series), but for my needs I'm quite happy with the apparent practicality of the new cars (with no increase in weight or loss of speed).

I'm less happy you can't get cloth and the HUD, in combination, in the USA models. One of several limits (such as the color restrictions) that disappoint.

And finally, it is disappointing they will not be available for delivery until June. Nor any available for test drives until that point.

Regards
Very nice pictures!!!I have visited the Brussels motor show on Tuesday.
The biggest surprice of the day was that we have been able to see the 4 serie gran coupé behind closed doors.Have you also seen the 4 serie gran coupé?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #50
mdss6
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 (ZCP M-DCT) on order

Garage List
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgiumsterlingZ4 View Post
The biggest surprice of the day was that we have been able to see the 4 serie gran coupé behind closed doors.Have you also seen the 4 serie gran coupé?
Oh, you're killing me. I would have loved to the 4 series gran coupe'(!) but did not know to ask, and it was not offered.

Can you tell us more? One thing I would like to know is if a pop-up spoiler is standard like on the 3 GT?

Thanks (though I must admit I paused before typing that, as this is also disappointing news - still appreciate knowing)
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 03:20 PM   #51
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

I really like YMB in these M3 pix but then on the M4 in this thread it looks awful. For me it seems to be a color that needs strong lighting. A pity, if it looked close to the M3 picture here in most lighting conditions I might have considered it.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #52
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Thanks, that is (hopefully) great information. On the configurator it is not even listed as part of a package for the 320i, and I've gotten pushback from the dealer about being able to stray from the ordering guide. But you can always be told "no" at a low level. The question usually turns into one of how high up do you have to go to get approval for a "yes" (or how much you'll have to pay). But I'll ask more pointed questions at the dealer.

For reference, do you know the pricing for the stand alone HUD?

Thanks!
It is $1300 MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #53
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

looks like there is room in the rear seats. The sedan looks awesome.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #54
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Really? It's not on the configurator...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #55
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Some best pics yet.

I really like the shape of the tail lights on the M3 better.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #56
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Looks like YMB has some metallic in it.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #57
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Looks like YMB has some metallic in it.
It is a metallic.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #58
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Thanks everyone (I don't know how to quote more than one message) for the comments. Same camera (Panasonic LX7) as @Dackelone has used for several of his museum posts. It's good for shooting cars indoors in close quarters.
Thats cool your using the same camera that I am using. Awesome pictures btw!

Quote:
Oh, you're killing me. I would have loved to the 4 series gran coupe'(!) but did not know to ask, and it was not offered.

Can you tell us more? One thing I would like to know is if a pop-up spoiler is standard like on the 3 GT?
The 4GC will not have a pop-up spoiler like on the 3GT. The 4GC also has a lower sleeker roof line and shorter trunk proportions. At least that is what my sources tell me.

You might have missed these 4GC photos which a friend of mine took @ChrisM135i...

Latest BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe Sighting
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=937345

@mdss6 maybe we can meet up in Geneva. I will be there as well covering the autoshow for Bimmerpost.com

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #59
Ali.K_BMW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Thanks for sharing!
      01-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #60
jasemsport
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E46 touring M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdss6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgiumsterlingZ4 View Post
The biggest surprice of the day was that we have been able to see the 4 serie gran coup behind closed doors.Have you also seen the 4 serie gran coup?

Thanks (though I must admit I paused before typing that, as this is also disappointing news - still appreciate knowing)
The 4gc doesn't have a pop up spoiler like Dackelone already mentioned above. Also 5-door like 3gt but sportier, actually it's just the 4 coupe with 2 extra doors and another boot lid, it even has the same roofline i think.
I saw it there in Brussels, it's a nice car i loved it...

The ymb M3 was stunning also, like it more than the 4 coupe...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 04:21 PM   #61
BelgiumsterlingZ4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 s-drive 28i M sport

Quote:

I was at the Brussels autoshow along with my father,we also did not know that the 4 serie gran coupé would stand in brussel.
becausse my father is planning to buy the gran coupé he ask a salesman if he had been more information aboud the car.To our surprise he answered that the car was behind closed doors in a room behind us.
We had to wait a couple of hours but we could go te see the car with a group of thirty people at 15.00u.
At the first room we got a few glasses of champange a headphones and a small fabric white pouch with the tekst print on(for your eyes only)where we had to put our cell-phones in so that we could make no pictures of the car.
Then the car!!! very beautiful car!!!
The car on display was a saphirs black 420d with M-sport package on 19 inch 442 m sport rims and blue sport brakes.
Interior full dakota white,beige oyster and the sport seats.
But no pop up spoiler like on the 3 gt.
than the most inportant information!!!
car can be ordered in march for delivery June or Julie this year and now the best news in Belgium the price of the 4 serie gran coupé will be the same as the coupé
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #62
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

very good quality photos,- angle and detail ...
complements to photographer!
      01-27-2014, 04:31 PM   #63
Tornrider
Private
Rep
Drives: 2002 E46 M3

The only justification for me to buy the next M3 is below:

DAT ASS

Then again.....this isn't bad either.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #64
Stallion150
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

I know some people think there's too much ///M emblems all over; but I really like the M3 grille badge. Nice nod to the past....
      01-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #65
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Really? It's not on the configurator...
Configurators typically do not have every available option, only the most common/popular ones. You need to get a printout from the dealer from the DCS to see them all.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #66
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornrider View Post
The only justification for me to buy the next M3 is below:

DAT ASS

Then again.....this isn't bad either.

That ass has definitely gotten better (..minus the reflectors).
Appreciate 0