proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

01-28-2016, 12:49 AM   #89
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 JzB E93 M3 & 2012 BE GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Yes. You challenged me to a race with your boys car and you live 3000 miles away. That's not calling anyone out. That's a fake way to challenge someone when you know you're safe in your rental sleeping on IKEA furniture. Ctfu
Son, you need to stop pretending to be someone you're not. The nice man in the GTR has already explained to you and everybody on the forums already why you're nothing but an Internet race car driver. Now get off the computer and go to your room. What did I tell you about trying to brag about about made up stuff you have like $12K timepieces to total strangers? It just keeps on making you look like an insecure little girl. Stop being such a poor little insecure Internet warrior. You're grounded son
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:56 AM   #90
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketamine_Dart View Post
Son, you need to stop pretending to be someone you're not. The nice man in the GTR has already explained to you and everybody on the forums already why you're nothing but an Internet race car driver. Now get off the computer and go to your room. What did I tell you about trying to brag about about made up stuff you have like $12K timepieces to total strangers? It just keeps on making you look like an insecure little girl. Stop being such a poor little insecure Internet warrior. You're grounded son
Finally you're realizing talking crap over the net must come to an end when you get cornered with irrefutable facts. The only liar is you. At best if you do have a GT-R its preowned, zero warranty and a grenade engine. Now you're feeling yourself because you can finally be amongst the elite so you feel slighted your dated GTR ain't as superior as you thought it was. You can't call out a straight forward dude, boy. Stay in your lane. And before you try to intimidate me with lame $10k races, realized I wear that on my wrist when I'm working out. Now back to your IKEA filled bedroom and stfu.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 02:03 AM   #91
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Finally you're realizing talking crap over the net must come to an end when you get cornered with irrefutable facts. The only liar is you. At best if you do have a GT-R its preowned, zero warranty and a grenade engine. Now you're feeling yourself because you can finally be amongst the elite so you feel slighted your dated GTR ain't as superior as you thought it was. You can't call out a straight forward dude, boy. Stay in your lane. And before you try to intimidate me with lame $10k races, realized I wear that on my wrist when I'm working out. Now back to your IKEA filled bedroom and stfu.
Lol....what irrefutable facts are you talking about son?? And you're the one talking shit about a GTR when you own nothing but a modified 3 series BMW?? Yeah, keep ballin hard with your souped up 3-series! Only a freakin moron thinks he's ballin' with a 3 series!!!! LMFAO!!!
Go back to your neighbor's garage and pretend you own your car! Pathetic loser!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 02:12 AM   #92
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Come on give it up already. A stock GTR is faster than a M3/4. Fact. It has a faster 'ring time and that's the 2010 model without the HP bump. Fact.
0-60 and 1/4 miles...it's faster. Fact.
Pulling on the highway is a stupid metric that means nothing in the real word of racing and performance. Ever see Randy Pobst talk about his 3rd or 4th gear roll time on two cars....no, he does a flying full lap on a course.

The finish line is what's important, too many variables in the middle....the finish line of a stock GTR vs a stock M3/4 is always off by a huge margin favouring the GTR.
And if you're going to go the modified route, please just stop. Show me an M3/M4 that pulls on a Bugatti, Maclaren, Aventador...etc and then maybe I might stop giggling enough to take that serious.

All this crap about hanging with one, I'm modded and the GTR stock....is all rubbish, that's just trying to justify your choices.

I'd love to own a GTR but I can't afford the up keep and the interior is a bit dated for me. I respect a GTR the same way I respect the legendary Supra. The M3/4 has a loooong way to go before it can sit at that table. I enjoy my F80, but I know it's place and have no reason to feel inferior in my purchase decision. Buy what you like, not what the stats and roll races say. Bring a Hellcat into the picture....and they can be had for MSRP, my coworker just got one....hell of a bargain for that much horses. I own an M3 he has a Hellcat, we're friends no issues.....wait whu.....yeah, go figure.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 07:20 AM   #93
phyek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mineral White M4

I had a Switzer P800 GTR before my M4. GTR is a pretty boring car to drive, even with 800HP. I got bored within a few months and ended up selling it for the M4. The M4 feels much more like a drivers car, you actually have to put some thought/work into it while the GTR can be driven with your eyes closed. GTR is faster, especially from a launch, but the M4 actually keeps up pretty well from a rolling start. Like others have pointed out, the GTR interior is pretty cheap; it has a ricer boy feel to it while the M4 is very refined and has a more professional feel.

Last edited by phyek; 02-04-2016 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 07:56 AM   #94
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
Come on give it up already. A stock GTR is faster than a M3/4. Fact. It has a faster 'ring time and that's the 2010 model without the HP bump. Fact.
0-60 and 1/4 miles...it's faster. Fact.
Pulling on the highway is a stupid metric that means nothing in the real word of racing and performance. Ever see Randy Pobst talk about his 3rd or 4th gear roll time on two cars....no, he does a flying full lap on a course.

The finish line is what's important, too many variables in the middle....the finish line of a stock GTR vs a stock M3/4 is always off by a huge margin favouring the GTR.
And if you're going to go the modified route, please just stop. Show me an M3/M4 that pulls on a Bugatti, Maclaren, Aventador...etc and then maybe I might stop giggling enough to take that serious.

All this crap about hanging with one, I'm modded and the GTR stock....is all rubbish, that's just trying to justify your choices.

I'd love to own a GTR but I can't afford the up keep and the interior is a bit dated for me. I respect a GTR the same way I respect the legendary Supra. The M3/4 has a loooong way to go before it can sit at that table. I enjoy my F80, but I know it's place and have no reason to feel inferior in my purchase decision. Buy what you like, not what the stats and roll races say. Bring a Hellcat into the picture....and they can be had for MSRP, my coworker just got one....hell of a bargain for that much horses. I own an M3 he has a Hellcat, we're friends no issues.....wait whu.....yeah, go figure.
All of the above I agree with however, it fails to address my experiences THAT DAY. Period. Only people who cannot buy a new GTR will justify their current purchase if you detect they may exhibit some performance insecurities for their respective cars. This is not my first M3. I had an E92. I deliberately purchased these cars. I'm not, nor others are trying to be a Youtube hero and terrorize slower cars. Who really gives a F at the end of the day? That's not me and I'm certain that doesn't apply to other M owners as well. I don't play those games as I'm very pleased with my current driving options. I prefer manual transmissions and that's one of the only reason I never crossed shopped the GTR, or 991 TT. The GTR is a respected car. Period. And if hanging with one, provided that the person is being honest, doesn't count as much, then you might as well delete this entire subforum because that's all you're going to get out of a group of novices.

Last edited by 48Laws; 01-28-2016 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 08:18 AM   #95
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
All of the above I agree with however, it fails to address my experiences THAT DAY. Period. Only people who cannot buy a new GTR will justify their current purchase if you detect they may exhibit some performance insecurities for their respective cars.
Why would I be insecure about owning a car (GTR) that can clearly outperform an M3/M4???? Your statement makes no sense. Unless you are talking about yourself of course, which you have shown clearly through your initial and subsequent posts how insecure you feel about your purchase of the M3 trying so desperate to win support from your peers that your modded car can "hang" with a stock GTR. But yet, post after post, your peers call you out on it and make you look like a fool You won't see me posting on GTR forums about how my modded GTR was hanging with a stock Huracan for "one day" and trying to convince posters there that my car is just as fast.............cause God forbid a Lambo driver will come on and straighten me out

See, spew BS and I'll call you out on it.

The rest of your previous post I agree with and was solid
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 10:29 AM   #96
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Anyone wanna race for $10k? Maybe we can do it on Skype since we'll be 3000 miles away, according to this clown. omg. The internet never disappoints!!!!!

Dude, you have a Play Station 2 on wheels with a Subaru interior. A half eaten Apple will hold its value more than your no warranty preowned GTR. enjoy your jiffy lube oil changes as you'll need to mortgage a real service.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:02 AM   #97
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Anyone wanna race for $10k? Maybe we can do it on Skype since we'll be 3000 miles away, according to this clown. omg. The internet never disappoints!!!!!

Dude, you have a Play Station 2 on wheels with a Subaru interior. A half eaten Apple will hold its value more than your no warranty preowned GTR. enjoy your jiffy lube oil changes as you'll need to mortgage a real service.
Ok Mr. I'm ballin' with a modified 3-series! Let me get on the Internet and be a keyboard warrior to try and earn respect from a car community about my purchase of a 3-series and try to convince everybody that my car is just as fast as a GTR! Again, insecure much, son????

I agree, thank you for showing this Internet community what an insecure little girl you are. Congrats! You just went full retard!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #98
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:

By the way, numbnuts, do you ever see anybody try and justify that a GTR is faster than an M3/M4? Why do you think that's so? It's because anybody who knows anything about these 2 cars will tell you that the GTR doesn't need to do so because it's the far superior performer. So again, tell me why I would need to justify that a GTR is a better performer in ALL categories than an M3/M4?

You look more and more insecure and stupid as your posts continue
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #99
04cobra
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 - 6MT

Ketamine, just curious what rice rocket did you drive prior to buying a used 2012 GTR? I'm betting riced out Honda civic. Just give it up....there is no doubt that the GTR is an amazing car. But the fact is, its getting old...and many cars now a days will take it from a roll with little effort, stock or modded. Sorry you joined the GTR game so late, maybe you can buy a used 2016 in 10-15 years.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:46 AM   #100
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cobra View Post
Ketamine, just curious what rice rocket did you drive prior to buying a used 2012 GTR? I'm betting riced out Honda civic. Just give it up....there is no doubt that the GTR is an amazing car. But the fact is, its getting old...and many cars now a days will take it from a roll with little effort, stock or modded. Sorry you joined the GTR game so late, maybe you can buy a used 2016 in 10-15 years.
Lol.....I love Internet warriors like yourself who think they know what material assets a total stranger on the Internet has. Presumptuous much? Insecure much? Sorry keyboard warrior, I'm not that insecure as to try and tell total strangers what material assets I have.

And I agree, many cars have caught up to the performance of the GTR. Never said there weren't. But the M3/M4 is not one of them. And everybody on this forum knows this except butthurt, insecure keyboard warriors like you and 48Laws
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #101
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Three videos later....Countless anecdotes of the GTR performing not so stellar under every circumstance. Irrefutable spec sheets..no reference to the car you actually own. Fake $10k race. lol. You're doing so well.

Now you reduce the M Division to building modified 3-series. The hater in you and insecurity is so apparent being that you're on a BMW site. Let's state the facts: you drive an overpriced Japanese Play Station 2 with
A Subaru interrior. The general consensus is the GTR is a one trick pony. It's utter boring to drive. It's expensive to service. It attracts snotty-nosed high schoolers.

You win the launch wars. You win the fast wars but, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better combination of refinement and speed than in the M Division. Stop being insecure thinking grown men need to come online to make stories up. I showed you my stable. It's verified. You, nada.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #102
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cobra View Post
He drives his buddy's preowned Grenade. Don't you know?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #103
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Three videos later....Countless anecdotes of the GTR performing not so stellar under every circumstance. Irrefutable spec sheets..no reference to the car you actually own. Fake $10k race. lol. You're doing so well.

Now you reduce the M Division to building modified 3-series. The hater in you and insecurity is so apparent being that you're on a BMW site. Let's state the facts: you drive an overpriced Japanese Play Station 2 with
A Subaru interrior. The general consensus is the GTR is a one trick pony. It's utter boring to drive. It's expensive to service. It attracts snotty-nosed high schoolers.

You win the launch wars. You win the fast wars but, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better combination of refinement and speed than in the M Division. Stop being insecure thinking grown men need to come online to make stories up. I showed you my stable. It's verified. You, nada.
I understand you're having a nice debate with Ketamine over there, that's fine. But childishly insulting the GTR is very immature. The GTR didn't do anything to you. It is an unwilling bystander who's name and credentials are being trampled upon by people trying to prove a point. Remember that you are in a thread where the op is trying to decide between the GTR and an M4.

Yes the M3/4 are modified 3 series but they are much much more than the original car, they actually share very little original parts. Attacking each other isn't enough, you have to start insulting the cars now....yeah because the cars are at fault.

I'm not trying to be Mr Mediator but this thread has gotten derailed into a trash talking fest in which if I believed anything that's being said, I probably wouldn't buy either....I mean, it's bad enough that the basis of most of the discussion is what is being described as an illegal unsafe street race.

The op picked two great cars, both have their merits, but some people can't get both, so they have to figure out what they prefer over the other....transmission, engine, awd, rwd, interior, amenities, looks, value, price, resale, reliability, maintenance.....those are genuine concerns...NOT roll racing in the street or modifying or who can hang with what.

For reference, below is the op's quoted words on what he was considering:
"What I was looking for is reliability of the GT-R and how well it holds. Hand built engine and precision."
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2016, 12:42 PM   #104
48Laws
Banned
Rep

How about you do some due diligence before you start excusing me of haphazardly throwing insults at the GTR. If you read, you'll see I added a harmless post about my recent experience. Nothing you added after that huge error is news worthy and is redundant.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:43 PM   #105
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Your 3 videos and countless anecdotes and irrefutable spec sheets....I already addressed. Again not my fault if your reading comprehension is not up to par. In summary, your videos showed heavily modded JB4 M4's with more wheel HP than stock GTR's and lightly modded older generation GTR's. As I said comparing modded cars to stock cars is stupid. Why don't you show a stock M3/M4 vs. a stock GTR? If you want to compare modded cars, why don't you compare any modded BMW to a modded AMS Alpha Omega GTR? Trust me, the results won't be pretty. I can't believe you can't get over that a GTR is a better performer than the M3/M4! Shows your insecurity clearly.

Lol, then you go on to state "facts" and that one of your so-called "fact" is the GTR is an overpriced PlayStation 2 blah blah blah.......seriously? That's a "fact"? Uh.......ok genius. Let me explain just this one for you. A car of the year (2009), who shocked the world by outperforming super cars back then at an MSRP of less than $80K is an overpriced PlayStation 2? A car that is respected by all automotive journalists and race car drivers for its brutal performance at a price 2-3 times lower than other exotics and super cars with similar performance or less performance is overpriced? Again, you prove your idiocy. And yes, an M3/M4 is based on and uses the same platform and basic design of a regular 3/4 series with engine and other performance tweaks. It was NOT designed from the ground up and is NOT a separate model like the GTR, which was designed separately from the ground up based on performance using 100% different parts. If you don't understand this, then educate yourself on it.

Fun to drive factor is totally subjective, it's hella fun to me but maybe not to others. Understandable, but it's clearly NOT a "fact." And expensive to maintain??? Seriously??? I guess you're NOT the baller you claim to be are you?????? Again stop trying to think you're a baller, you're NOT!

And finally, again, stop with your "verified@ baller status....lol! For one last time.....You drive a freakin' modified 3-series and a base 911, it's not even Turbo! Newsflash! That's NOT ballin'!!! LMFAO!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:47 PM   #106
48Laws
Banned
Rep

How is an F80 a modded 3 and 991 GTS a base 911, you tool??? You're being stupid now because you drive a used GTR that's old as fvck.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:54 PM   #107
V3rbatim
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3

You guys are childish as fck...a lot of egos hurt here. Lol. Anyway, continue boys. I enjoy the squable while on the shitter.
      01-28-2016, 12:56 PM   #108
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
How is an F80 a modded 3 and 991 GTS a base 911, you tool??? You're being stupid now because you drive a used GTR that's old as fvck.
Over and over, again reading comprehension a problem for you? Read my post above genius, where I explained why the M3/M4 is a modified 3/4 series. As for the GTS, why don't you do a comparison yourself between the GTS and the Turbo/Turbo S. Then get back to me, cause I'm sick of educating your illiterate ass. What's the matter? Again feeling insecure about your GTS purchase, and you're going to tell me from 30-50 you can hang with a Turbo S?

But my modified GTS will hang with a Turbo S tho.......

What a loser, if you're ballin, you wouldn't be driving a base 911. Maybe you can sell a few of your $12K timepieces and trade it in for a GTR or a Turbo S

Last edited by Ketamine_Dart; 01-28-2016 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 01:06 PM   #109
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rbatim View Post
You guys are childish as fck...a lot of egos hurt here. Lol. Anyway, continue boys. I enjoy the squable while on the shitter.
It's all for fun....lol. I like clowning insecure wannabe keyboard ballers who thinks they're the shits because they drive a an M3/M4. This wannabe baller just cracks me up
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #110
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketamine_Dart View Post
It's all for fun....lol. I like clowning insecure wannabe keyboard ballers who thinks they're the shits because they drive a an M3/M4. This wannabe baller just cracks me up
You're not doing much damage. I can see how you'd be insulted. Financing an outdated GTR with 60,000 miles but really yearning for a brand new M3. I get it.

Last edited by 48Laws; 01-28-2016 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0