European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-31-2014, 01:16 PM   #45
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Amaro vs Golden Brown

Found this thread which is very useful but leaves me guessing about Golden Brown having too much orange - however when you look at the official sheets I agree with a previous poster that it seems ore rust - definitely a problem with lighting and flash use when trying to compare - will try to get dealership to get samples before committing I guess!

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=991325
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 04:40 PM   #46
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post
i have no real preference, v8 or i6, but that does sound pretty terrible to me...it still sounds like a lawnmower at idle like all new bmws do. can't wait for aftermarket exhaust clips...hope they make them sound decent at least.
Ha, I'm totally with you - I'm buying the car but HOLY CRAP does it sound awful in videos ...

I used to have a TORO OHV 4 cycle push lawn mower - thing could go through wet grass 1 foot high ... and when it did it sounded mean!

and slightly better than this car.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #47
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneginee View Post
sounds like a SHRIMP BOAT

We might as well prepare for it - this car is going to famous for it's sound and not in a good way.

People are going to ask if we can mow their lawn when we're done with ours, or ask how the landscaping is going or if they can ride in our shrimp boat.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 10:24 PM   #48
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
The interior color is great except for the wood trim which doesn't suit this car. It's possibly the worst sounding exhaust ever though. It's beyond laughable. It's the first time I noticed the door map pocket openings. I wonder if the M4 has the sliding door pockets?
Nope it doesn't have the fold out door pockets either. Aside from the new technology i.e. high resolution screens, improved user interfaces etc... there is some de-contenting of interior interior attributes going on at BMW across the board. One such example is the rear console of the e92 series imparted a rear coupe feel. That's gone now. If anything, minus the cut out in the middle of the rear seats, the F30/F32 & F80/F82 series cars are virtually identical. A little leather on the dash does not improve the overall quality of the switchgear IMHO.
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #49
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post
i have no real preference, v8 or i6, but that does sound pretty terrible to me...it still sounds like a lawnmower at idle like all new bmws do. can't wait for aftermarket exhaust clips...hope they make them sound decent at least.
Ha, I'm totally with you - I'm buying the car but HOLY CRAP does it sound awful in videos ...

I used to have a TORO OHV 4 cycle push lawn mower - thing could go through wet grass 1 foot high ... and when it did it sounded mean!

and slightly better than this car.
dont try it with your new car.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #50
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneginee View Post
sounds like a SHRIMP BOAT

We might as well prepare for it - this car is going to famous for it's sound and not in a good way.

People are going to ask if we can mow their lawn when we're done with ours, or ask how the landscaping is going or if they can ride in our shrimp boat.
someone get a license plate:

JOHND33R. (7 letters of course though)
Appreciate 0