R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #177
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
In Europe, the RS3 comes standard with with manual non-RS sport seats. The electrical non-RS sport seats and manual RS sport seats are options. Originally in Canada, the electrical non-RS sport seats were a no-cost option to replace the standard manual RS sport seats; and that is what my wife had ordered. Sadly, Audi Canada decided to remove the option, so we're stuck with the manual RS seats.
So since you own an RS3, tell me more about it. I sold my convertible M4 Competition as I needed some money and didn't wanna buy an american muscle car which I prefer because of their crappy interior and horrible resale value here in Dubai, they lose 50% in the first year alone.

I test drove the RS3 today and while it was fast, there was a bit of a delay until it started moving from the time that I hit the pedal to the metal, like a 2 second lag, just like I had in my M4. I was in Dynamic mode and I was expecting a little more umphh factor in the acceleration from a stand still Don't get me wrong it's very fast, just not like something which would get your heart racing or maybe it's just me and being spoiled my driving a good share of fast cars in the past.

I had traction control on and changed the drive mode to individual and even tried the manual mode using the gear lever.

How would you describe the car so far after you've owned it for a while? the positives and negatives that is.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 05:35 PM   #178
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
So since you own an RS3, tell me more about it. I sold my convertible M4 Competition as I needed some money and didn't wanna buy an american muscle car which I prefer because of their crappy interior and horrible resale value here in Dubai, they lose 50% in the first year alone.

I test drove the RS3 today and while it was fast, there was a bit of a delay until it started moving from the time that I hit the pedal to the metal, like a 2 second lag, just like I had in my M4. I was in Dynamic mode and I was expecting a little more umphh factor in the acceleration from a stand still Don't get me wrong it's very fast, just not like something which would get your heart racing or maybe it's just me and being spoiled my driving a good share of fast cars in the past.

I had traction control on and changed the drive mode to individual and even tried the manual mode using the gear lever.

How would you describe the car so far after you've owned it for a while? the positives and negatives that is.
Now that the car is shod with the summer tires, it has even more grip and a bit less understeer. But besides that, everything I wrote in post #125 still holds true after 3 months of ownership.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=125

The single turbo I5 in the RS3 is indeed more laggy than the twin turbo S55, particularly at low RPM. Just mashing the throttle from a standstill will have an inherent delay when launching. If you want a quick getaway, use the launch control. It is very easy to use. With the DSC in Sport mode, just press the brake, floor the throttle and release the brake. This will rev up the engine and pre-spool the turbo. The RS3 will launch like a rocket everytime with zero wheel spin. It is addictive.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2018, 06:02 PM   #179
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Now that the car is shod with the summer tires, it has even more grip and a bit less understeer. But besides that, everything I wrote in post #125 still holds true after 3 months of ownership.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=125

The single turbo I5 in the RS3 is indeed more laggy than the twin turbo S55, particularly at low RPM. Just mashing the throttle from a standstill will have an inherent delay when launching. If you want a quick getaway, use the launch control. It is very easy to use. With the DSC in Sport mode, just press the brake, floor the throttle and release the brake. This will rev up the engine and pre-spool the turbo. The RS3 will launch like a rocket everytime with zero wheel spin. It is addictive.
Awesome review man, even though it's just a forum post reading text, I enjoyed reading your review more than I did watching YouTube Videos which go on saying the same things over and over again.

I can't wait to get my new Catalunya Red toy
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321115.00
      05-14-2018, 06:12 AM   #180
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Just ordered a Catalunya Red MY18 RS3 that comes standard here in Dubai with the Bang & Olufsen Sound system, Virtual Cockpit, RS Design Package and RS Sports Exhaust.

When I went to test drive it today, I was expecting to find the manual seats that every review on YouTube complains about but to my surprise it had electric seats with full adjustment but the seats weren't the quilted ones with the diamond stitching, they were full black Nappa Leather

IMO the interior is better than my previous 2018 M4
Congrats on the order! I doubt you'll be disappointed.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #181
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Just ordered a Catalunya Red MY18 RS3 that comes standard here in Dubai with the Bang & Olufsen Sound system, Virtual Cockpit, RS Design Package and RS Sports Exhaust.

When I went to test drive it today, I was expecting to find the manual seats that every review on YouTube complains about but to my surprise it had electric seats with full adjustment but the seats weren't the quilted ones with the diamond stitching, they were full black Nappa Leather

IMO the interior is better than my previous 2018 M4
Congrats!!! Looking forward to beauty pics
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 02:57 PM   #182
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

uniqueMR CanAutM3

This is the exact car I ordered guys:

Looks kinda orange in color in the showroom light in person but red when you're in the sun or in low light

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #183
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
uniqueMR CanAutM3

This is the exact car I ordered guys:

Looks kinda orange in color in the showroom light in person but red when you're in the sun or in low light

CONGRATS
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2018, 03:03 PM   #184
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Just took delivery of my RS3. Drove for 20 mins back home and here are my first impressions:

1- The steering is very precise, it's like a go kart and the car is so planted.

2- The exhaust is awesome, it has th RS Sports Exhaust and it keeps surprising me with bangs and crackles with every acceleration or downshift

3- The interior quality is of top notch quality, the clickiness to every button is so satisfying

4- the infotainment system is not as friendly as the BMW one although I guess that just needs time to get used to it

5- The Bang and Olufsen sound system is night and day better than the Harman/Kardon sound system that I had in my convertible M4. When you put it on max loudness, you hear the bass really pumping through your heart and it's crystal clear even at loud volumes. That is without any adjustment to the settings or tweaks, just factory settings.

6- The car handles so good as well and because it's so small, the turn in radius is bigger so I don't need to take such a wife U-Turn when trying to turn back on the small read in front of my house

7- the Matrix LED lights are a bit brighter than the BMW Adaptive headlights, like when I flash my high beams, I see all the street signs even from far away illuminate so high it's on a whole different level. Must be fun for flashing annoying slow drivers on the left lane.

Can't wait till tomorrow comes so I can drive it more. I've never been so excited about a new car such as this one

Last edited by Super Spartan; 05-15-2018 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 3
jc05e46m3845.50
CanAutM321115.00
Yes2m3cs155.00
      05-15-2018, 04:03 PM   #185
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Just took delivery of my RS3. Drove for 20 mins back home and here are my first impressions:

2- The exhaust is awesome, it has th RS Sports Exhaust and it keeps surprising me with bangs and crackles with every acceleration or downshift

3- The interior quality is of top notch quality, the clickiness to every button is so satisfying

4- the infotainment system is not as friendly as the BMW one although I guess that just needs time to get used to it

5- The Bang and Olufsen sound system is night and day better than the Harman/Kardon sound system that I had in my convertible M4. When you put it on max loudness, you hear the bass really pumping through your heart and it's crystal clear even at loud volumes. That is without any adjustment to the settings or tweaks, just factory settings.

6- The car handles so good as well and because it's so small, I the turn in radius is bigger so I don't need to take such a wife U-Turn when trying to turn back on the small read in front of my house

Can't wait till tomorrow comes so I can drive it more. I've never been so excited about a new car such as this one
So glad to hear you're happy with it! You definitely made a good decision. Be safe out there!
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 2
      05-15-2018, 05:04 PM   #186
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:

6- The car handles so good as well and because it's so small, the turn in radius is bigger so I don't need to take such a wife U-Turn when trying to turn back on the small read in front of my house

7- the Matrix LED lights are a bit brighter than the BMW Adaptive headlights, like when I flash my high beams, I see all the street signs even from far away illuminate so high it's on a whole different level. Must be fun for flashing annoying slow drivers on the left lane.

I have a lot of experience w an S3... here is what I can tell you.

Audi MMI of that gen is utter shit, u cant get used to it somehow. Indeed the interior is quite solid for a car of its class and indeed the stereo is worlds better than anything BMW offers in the class. The driving dynamics are far different than anything rwd but its still very very enjoyable... dont think of it as a track car by any means but as a street car it truly is incredible. Indeed Audi somehow has the ability of creating a very planted car... do you have the fixed rs suspension or the magride?
      05-15-2018, 05:08 PM   #187
nittany
shortstop
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:

congrats on the rs3, now go get a tune, that's when the real fun starts
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2018, 05:08 PM   #188
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I have a lot of experience w an S3... here is what I can tell you.

Audi MMI of that gen is utter shit, u cant get used to it somehow. Indeed the interior is quite solid for a car of its class and indeed the stereo is worlds better than anything BMW offers in the class. The driving dynamics are far different than anything rwd but its still very very enjoyable... dont think of it as a track car by any means but as a street car it truly is incredible. Indeed Audi somehow has the ability of creating a very planted car... do you have the fixed rs suspension or the magride?
Thanks man, I agree with you it's not as user friendly as the BMW Infotainment system. Heck I'd be really thankful if you can tell me how can I turn on Shuffle mode for the media played from my USB stick so the songs play in random order.

I have the fixed Sports suspension according to my spec sheet oh and I never track my car so the fun it gives me as a daily driver is perfect for my needs

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 05:22 PM   #189
NHman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4 Prestige

Quote:
Thanks man, I agree with you it's not as user friendly as the BMW Infotainment system. Heck I'd be really thankful if you can tell me how can I turn on Shuffle mode for the media played from my USB stick so the songs play in random order.

Right control button (right of dial) while playing from your USB, there should be an option for Shuffle.

My DD is a B9 S4. The controls should be identical between our two cars.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2018, 05:38 PM   #190
Golfster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: DD: Macan GTS, W/E: 992S

Congrats on the RS, Snappy.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 06:09 PM   #191
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfster View Post
Congrats on the RS, Snappy.
Thank you very much
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 08:10 PM   #192
Yes2m3cs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS 2016 M4

Congrats brother! Beautiful ride!

I am considering an RS3 for my next car.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2018, 09:18 PM   #193
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Very nice car. Congrats. Definitely on my list for another vehicle.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2018, 06:36 AM   #194
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

CanAutM3 mkoesel

And she's here, this Catalunya Red color is intoxicating*

The interior quality, the Bang & Olufsen Sound System, and best of all the engine/exhaust sound and acceleration is on a whole new level that I've never experienced before! Love this car! This car gives me that feeling where when I go home, I can't wait till I get back in it and rive it. It's that much fun.

Last edited by Super Spartan; 05-18-2018 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 2
mkoesel7509.50
Vic5519323.00