Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

04-30-2018, 10:16 AM   #23
tropicalypso
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Occasionally

I drove a 350z for 13 years. Had every bolt on imaginable (short of a turbo).

When I started my new car search, I considered everything under then sun.

For two years, I read up on a wide variety of vehicles. A few notables include: Porsche 911 (was interested in a 997 turbo), Ford F150, BMW X5, Golf R, F-Type R, Jeep Wrangler, C7 Vette. (I'm not kidding... I considered everything, lol).

The reason I was eyeballin' utility vehicles was due to my love of fishing. I live about a 1/4 mile from the Gulf, and I love kayak fishing (but... I love cars even more).

Anyways, during my search, I determined that I didn't want a two-seater coupe. That knocked out the F-Types and Vette's. I also wanted to fit my vehicle in the garage. That meant that full size trucks were off the table.

Around and around I went, looking at one car or another... and I kept circling back around to my two "bucket list" cars... the 911 and the M3. I finally landed on the M3, and have been in love ever since. The fishing can wait.
      05-07-2018, 08:49 PM   #24
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

I looked at a Porsche Cayenne, a Jaguar Convertible and an M4.

Could not make a decision so I got all three.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 01:32 PM   #25
AgentBishop
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

I have always been a huge BMW fan. On a trip to Europe last year I planned a stop in Munich, Germany to check off one of the top items on my bucket list...a BMW on the Autobahn and tour the BMW factory! Wound up renting a 420d convertible from SIXT for the week. After a few hours of getting use to the speed...it was full speed ahead. The memories still overwhelm me with joy. Anyway, after meeting some career goals(military retirement), I was able to more than double my income overnight. So, after I got my first non-military employment, off to BMW dealership I went. Test drove a 440i and it was great...but my salesman was a total asshat that just rubbed me the wrong way with his foul mouth. So I just left. Went back with my wife a few days later and talked to a new salesman. Told him I wanted to drive the 440i...he said sure. While waiting, we sat in the M4 for fun(M cars were always a dream for me...out of my price range). He went and got the 440i keys AND the M4. This man knows what he is doing. "Wanna drive this too?" Can I? That's where this story ends...never drove the 440i. Couldn't be happier...there was no other options for me really.
2006 BMW 330i Sedan Manual (Sold)
1992 BMW 325i Sedan (Sold)
Appreciate 1
Fuller1216.50
      05-24-2018, 04:22 PM   #26
dongerkim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f80

Ive always been a BMW fan, having owned some BMW’s and a couple of M cars. I just came out of an MY16 F80 about a year ago as i didn’t need a car (actually still had multiple cars although i didn’t live in the US). Anyhow, started wasting my time on the internet watching porsche reviews and videos, and started configuring some porsche’s (911,GT4, looking at some used GT3’s). I just happened to be in the area while i was visiting home in the US, so i swung by my local porsche dealership (I still had my e46m , which is what i drove to the dealership).

Anyhow, the salesperson didn’t let me test drive the car, was honestly kindve a douschebag. I asked about a GT4 allocation, no test drive required, sitting in one was enough. Yes i knew about the hype of the car and was wondering what kind of markup he would ask for. Basically didn’t even give me an offer which blew my mind.

I thought to myself, hey, i’ve always been happy in a BMW, porsche was a stretch of my budget anyway, why not just get another F80. I’ve never thought i would buy the same car(I’m not one to watch the same movie twice). Few weeks later i had an allocation and have been happy ever since.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #27
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerIx View Post