BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

11-07-2017, 06:43 PM   #45
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingPlaces View Post
here to read about cars not politics
Then why are you in the politics/religion section?
The mods moved this thread from elsewhere
'16 340 (Wifey) July/August '16 ED
'16 M4 (Mine) July/August '16 ED
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2017, 07:07 PM   #46
ImGoingPlaces
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Then why are you in the politics/religion section?
he posted this in the general m3/m4 section before it was moved by the mods. smh.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2017, 07:37 PM   #47
pz619
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
Same here. Making millions and complaining that you're oppressed. Fuck that. White privilege? These athletes have privilege and access that we can only dream of. That's privilege.
They aren't complaining that THEY (NFL players) are oppressed. They are complaining about the inequality between the common black man and white police officers who shoot them.
Appreciate 6
Lups8751.00
dmk084089.00
Doc Oc1335.00

11-07-2017, 07:53 PM   #48
RickFLM4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I think the more likely scenario is that the players behavior has evolved from a protest to a leverage ploy to drive negotiations with NFL owners. Once they realized it irritated owners, fans and sponsors and maybe has the potential to harm the league, it became a great bargaining chip. They will stop kneeling when they extract [fill in the blank - maybe changes to suspension power of commissioner?] and a token fund is established to fight social inequality to conceal the fact that they are trying to use this topic to their advantage.

11-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #49
Kev312
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
They aren't complaining that THEY (NFL players) are oppressed. They are complaining about the inequality between the common black man and white police officers who shoot them.
This NFL protest stinks of irony. Anytime a person is successful from any degree of personal effort and not luck and then complains about inequality and oppression, I laugh.

The millions of "common black men" aren't being shot by cops. They go to school, have jobs, and lead normal lives. It's the asshole thugs and criminals and dopers that have zero regard for ANY authority who risk being shot, including little wannabe thug shits like Martin and Brown. Fuck them and their rancid DNA.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 07:56 PM   #50
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Hey Minn19 is trying to explain why guns should be under more control on one thread, and that's going just fine. You could race him for results with this one. All you have to do is to explain why rich athletes would still care for something as trivial they see from a mirror daily .

Some shit like these two are beyond my limited comprehension. I seriously can't understand why having guns in the hands of resonable people is bad, and i can't understand why some people are not supposed to be equal with the white folks.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God -- and the only thing that scares me is Lups.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 08:27 PM   #51
rlmesq
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Wow. Now, that you're in HS, how do you afford a BMW?
The juris doctor degree helps pay the bills.
Appreciate 3
Kev312215.50
Haywood1285.50
Dr. Who285.50

11-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #52
rlmesq
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev312 View Post
This NFL protest stinks of irony. Anytime a person is successful from any degree of personal effort and not luck and then complains about inequality and oppression, I laugh.

The millions of "common black men" aren't being shot by cops. They go to school, have jobs, and lead normal lives. It's the asshole thugs and criminals and dopers that have zero regard for ANY authority who risk being shot, including little wannabe thug shits like Martin and Brown. Fuck them and their rancid DNA.
There are plenty of scummy people of every color, but members of racial minorities are still treated differently from whites in many circumstances. Ask anyone whose normal life has been disputed by a police encounter for driving while black or brown.

I'm sure most of us, Kev312 included, share "rancid DNA" with people who have no respect for authority. Almost everyone I know has the "demon spawn" relative they hope won't show up for Christmas.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer6665.00
Lups8751.00

11-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #53
IrvineTim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO F82

Quote:
can you define "common black man". The ones that white police officers are shooting at.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #54
pz619
Major
Rep

Quote:

The purpose of my post was to point out the original person I quoted was wrong, and this is what they are protesting about. Form your own opinion. Sounds like you already have.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 08:43 PM   #55
IrvineTim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You sir, win the internet today. Congratulations!

I believe in free speech for The Klan, Neo-Nazi's, BLM, Planned Parenthood, The Weather Underground, The Black Panthers, Antifa - and affiliated basement dwellers...each and every one of them. This is what the First Amendment is about and there is no greater embodiment of the spirit of the amendment than standing up for those who believe in things that your are completely against.

The First Amendment. My fellow Americans, remember what our constitution says and don't become distracted by feelings and politics. The protest of the players in the NFL is not a protest against the flag but a respectful protest to bring attention to the matter of racial injustice and is perfectly in the spirit of our great country. I an a veteran and I kneel before God and I see nothing wrong with kneeling during the National Anthem to bring attention to a problem. I'd rather see that than rioting in the streets and other violence.

Cheers-mk
Racial injustice, minority. Who exactly is the minority?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 08:44 PM   #56
pz619
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvineTim View Post
can you define "common black man". The ones that white police officers are shooting at.
My response is encompassed in post #54. This is better question for those that are protesting, rather than myself.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 08:46 PM   #57
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:

This is an oversimplification of the problem. I've been pulled out of high-end cars on 3 separate occasions by officers who were doing a, "safety check" and also wanted to verify the car wasn't stolen. I know this because they all asked what I/my family did to afford the cars then sent me on my way. On a fourth occasion I was stopped after I dropped off my blonde hair, blue-eyed gf while I was in college at her home. They stopped me and told me that they wanted to make certain that I understood how things were up here. Ironically, none of these incidents happened in the south where I'm from but in the north. I'm a person of color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
There are plenty of scummy people of every color, but members of racial minorities are still treated differently from whites in many circumstances. Ask anyone whose normal life has been disputed by a police encounter for driving while black or brown.

I'm sure most of us, Kev312 included, share "rancid DNA" with people who have no respect for authority. Almost everyone I know has the "demon spawn" relative they hope won't show up for Christmas.
Please see the above.

You know they are demon spawn relatives when everyone sends them to the wrong location for the holiday celebration. Oops.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 2
Kev312215.50

11-07-2017, 08:48 PM   #58
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Read your stats. Hispanic can include white.

See my post above with regard to my personal experience. Cheers-mk

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 09:08 PM   #59
are0lies
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Your list seemed somewhat flawed. It is showing the increase. This comes from the census of 2000, which obviously would be higher today.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #60
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
This is an oversimplification of the problem. I've been pulled out of high-end cars on 3 separate occasions by officers who were doing a, "safety check" and also wanted to verify the car wasn't stolen. I know this because they all asked what I/my family did to afford the cars then sent me on my way. On a fourth occasion I was stopped after I dropped off my blonde hair, blue-eyed gf while I was in college at her home. They stopped me and told me that they wanted to make certain that I understood how things were up here. Ironically, none of these incidents happened in the south where I'm from but in the north. I'm a person of color.

Pulled out of your car? So, you were not offended? If I was pulled out of my car after having done nothing wrong I would have said, "you better find something wrong or my lawyer will find something wrong." Oh wait..I'm white. I don't get pulled out of my 3 series.
MKSixer6665.00

11-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #61
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin
United_States
Rep
Drives: irresponsibly

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
watch hockey

11-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #62
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Pulled out of your car? So, you were not offended? If I was pulled out of my car after having done nothing wrong I would have said, "you better find something wrong or my lawyer will find something wrong." Oh wait..I'm white. I don't get pulled out of my 3 series.
All before I was 25. I let it go because I was young and 1200 miles from home.

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 09:40 PM   #63
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
watch hockey
I do as everyone should.
MKSixer6665.00

11-08-2017, 03:58 AM   #64
Germanauto
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus

The NFL has been screwing up everything for years now. From permitting domestic violence, concussions being swept under the rug, ditching 3 cities out of greed, and not only allowing but actually supporting the blatant respect for this country by 20-something low IQ millionaires who would be likely be in jail unless they could play football. To add to that, the product has been declining especially since the retirement of some great players.

The anthem issue was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'll still follow my stupid Lions, but otherwise I won't contribute to the NFL's tv ratings, or lack thereof.

Last edited by Germanauto; 11-08-2017 at 04:04 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 03:59 AM   #65
Germanauto
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I live in the Seattle area and have seen Michael Bennett a few times. The poor oppressed soul frequents Nordstrom in his grey Rolls Royce Ghost.

Doug Baldwin is building a $2 mil home in a white and asian neighborhood.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 04:03 AM   #66
Germanauto
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post

I don't think anybody with an objective bone in their body is denying that racial inequality still exists. What we argue, however, is that (a) football is our escape and is therefore not the time or place to be lectured on such topics and (b) the overwhelming majority of these "protestors" are privileged millionaires who have had their butts kissed going back to grade school. In how many other parts of the world can you be worshipped by society for playing what is essentially a children's game? I knew a fair number of these guys at the Div 1 school I went to, fun to hang around with but they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.
Appreciate 1
Kev312215.50