EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

12-06-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Roy Moore Accusations: Media Invention?

One accuser has been called a liar by her own stepson, who says he's voting for Moore. Another neglected to mention that Moore sent her brother to prison.

In defense of one of Moore's accusers, Gloria Allred produced a yearbook allegedly signed by Moore, apparently in two different inks and giving his title as "D.A." He was not the district attorney and didn't sign his name that way. Allred refuses to produce the yearbook for handwriting analysis or to deny that it's a forgery.

Contrary to what you have heard one million times a day on TV, there aren't "multiple accusers." There are two, and that's including the one with the fishy yearbook inscription whose stepson says she's lying.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/20...html#read_more
      12-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #2
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Ol Roy, not the dog food, has stuck by his guns. I'll give him that. I watched, Blitzer maybe?, ask Allred about the inconsistent ink color and the da part. She squirmed around pretty good. He pressed her and her final statement was we'll let a proper committee look at the year book and not any so called professionals. Wolf said, well what's the problem with showing it now? Back to squirming.

I don't know who's lying, but someone is.

Countdown clock goes...here.
'WAY TO GO!!!'
'SUPPORTING A PEDO!!!!'
'NAZI!!!!'

Last edited by gonzo; 12-06-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 05:44 PM   #3
iamwingman
Captain
Rep
Drives: m4

He will get elected. Then step down.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 05:44 PM   #4
Uber Commuter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328D xDrive

Garage List
http://www.businessinsider.com/women...eigh-corfman-1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.4e8cb28c5d75

8 is, by any measure you want to take, "multiple" accusers. Try reading actual news sites, not propaganda sites.

There is now more evidence matching the yearbook as well...
Appreciate 5
jmg4010.00
minn192479.00

12-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #5
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post
http://www.businessinsider.com/women...eigh-corfman-1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.4e8cb28c5d75

8 is, by any measure you want to take, "multiple" accusers. Try reading actual news sites, not propaganda sites.

There is now more evidence matching the yearbook as well...
Read the links you posted - Coulter is saying the same thing; out of the 8, there are only two accusers who went beyond "he asked me out." The two remaining are highly suspect, for the reasons she lists.

And it was 40 years ago - but they waited til weeks before the election to come forward. And the Washington Post was apparently offering to pay for any dirt on Moore...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mercu...roy-moore/amp/
      12-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #6
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Read the links you posted - Coulter is saying the same thing; out of the 8, there are only two accusers who went beyond "he asked me out." The two remaining are highly suspect, for the reasons she lists.

And it was 40 years ago - but they waited til weeks before the election to come forward. And the Washington Post was apparently offering to pay for any dirt on Moore...

Wash Post doesn't pay for sources.
Appreciate 3
Lups8723.00
minn192479.00

12-06-2017, 06:10 PM   #7
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Moore will be elected. Every moderate republican female will have a hard time voting for a republican for years.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God -- and the only thing that scares me is Lups.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 06:10 PM   #8
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Quote:

Wash Post doesn't pay for sources.
Are you sure?
      12-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #9
Lups
Rep

Quote:

Wapo and other real papers don't pay for sources. This is a hard line in journalism.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God -- and the only thing that scares me is Lups.
Appreciate 2
minn192479.00

12-06-2017, 06:12 PM   #10
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Are you sure?
No.
Appreciate 1
DonaldPump1073.50

12-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #11
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
He will get elected. Then step down.
Quite possible and the best move for repubs. Imo.
      12-06-2017, 06:14 PM   #12
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No.
Did make me giggle.
      12-06-2017, 06:17 PM   #13
Lups
Rep

Quote:
No.
I am. Paying makes you liable and also ruins a paper. On my first journalism course i paid for at the age 9, the first day was 13 hours lecture on why not pay for sources. Wapo knows what happens if they pay to a source.

Last edited by Lups; 12-06-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 06:20 PM   #14
Uber Commuter
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I did read the links I posted; what kind of idiot do you think would post a link without even knowing what it says?

There are 8 women accusing him of innappropriate behavior; you don't get to decide that 6 don't matter because it didn't go as far, that's just ludicrous.

Quote:

I never stated anything about the timing not being suspicious; but it still doesn't negate their claims. Did it possibly occur to you that "now" is the first time in our history that most women aren't summarily dismissed simply for making a claim like that?

Wonder why they felt safer now, than in previous years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Wapo and other real papers don't pay for sources. This is a hard line in journalism.
^That
Appreciate 3
minn192479.00

12-06-2017, 06:28 PM   #15
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I did read the links I posted; what kind of idiot do you think would post a link without even knowing what it says?

There are 8 women accusing him of innappropriate behavior; you don't get to decide that 6 don't matter because it didn't go as far, that's just ludicrous.

Quote:

I never stated anything about the timing not being suspicious; but it still doesn't negate their claims. Did it possibly occur to you that "now" is the first time in our history that most women aren't summarily dismissed simply for making a claim like that?

Wonder why they felt safer now, than in previous years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
^That
Here's one of "the eight:"

Wendy Miller
Wendy Miller said Moore approached her for the first time when she was also 14. She said she was working at the Gadsden Mall in Alabama when she was 16 and he and started asking her out. Miller's mother didn't allow her to go out with Moore, according to the Post.

It's weird, but no offense was committed.

And did it really happen?

We are expected to believe that Moore, a highly polarizing figure in AL for decades, who has been through several highly visible elections, and only now these women are coming forward?

Moore seems to be an odd dude, but this doesn't look like anything but an election hijacking.
      12-06-2017, 06:40 PM   #16
are0lies
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

C'mon people. Get real.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
minn192479.00
Scout1054.50

12-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #17
NickyC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Whether he's guilty of all these accusations or not, the guy is an odd duck in my book for whipping out his handgun and waving it around on stage at a rally. Just shows an overall lack of maturity to me, bizarre stuff.

As for the sexual assault charges, I don't believe much that comes out of the loony libs mouths' these days. This guy has been in politics forever, and we're just NOW hearing about all of this? Sounds like BS to me.
Appreciate 5
SakhirM46266.00
bbbbmw1595.50
DonaldPump1073.50
RickFLM42424.00

12-06-2017, 07:23 PM   #18
are0lies
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Whether he's guilty of all these accusations or not, the guy is an odd duck in my book for whipping out his handgun and waving it around on stage at a rally. Just shows an overall lack of maturity to me, bizarre stuff.

As for the sexual assault charges, I don't believe much that comes out of the loony libs mouths' these days. This guy has been in politics forever, and we're just NOW hearing about all of this? Sounds like BS to me.
Unless you live around the area where he was or is a judge, I doubt you or anyone else would have heard much about it. Now that he is in the national spotlight, perhaps these women now feel that he would have further influence over people who work under him, and on a much wider scale.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #19
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post

Too bad all the women who accused him are registered republicans.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 09:42 PM   #20
insanecoder
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Said it b4 and Ill say it again.. dont let the MSM headlines and emotions blind you
its SMEAR
the DC establishment dont want these people in office
and we also have alot of registered republicans who dont want DC cleanedup
DC is a swamp.. democrats & republicans
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2017, 11:17 AM   #21
Uber Commuter
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
We are expected to believe that Moore, a highly polarizing figure in AL for decades, who has been through several highly visible elections, and only now these women are coming forward?
And you wonder why the women didn't come forward sooner...?
Appreciate 3
      12-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #22
insanecoder
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
And you wonder why the women didn't come forward sooner...?
its one of the oldest dirty plays in the playbook
and Im sorry to see it still works so well in this age of supposed civilized man
Appreciate 1
Scout1054.50