GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

12-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #1
anglo
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M4

FBI uncovered Russian bribery plot before Obama administration approved Uranium deal

Quote:
The FBI also obtained an eyewitness account - backed by documents - indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton's charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

The racketeering scheme was conducted "with the consent of higher level officials" in Russia who "shared the proceeds" from the kickbacks, one agent declared in an affidavit years later.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...administration
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 04:57 PM   #2
anglo
Banned
France
Rep

Quote:
Rather than bring immediate charges in 2010, however, the Department of Justice (DOJ) continued investigating the matter for nearly four more years, essentially leaving the American public and Congress in the dark about Russian nuclear corruption on U.S. soil during a period when the Obama administration made two major decisions benefiting Putin's commercial nuclear ambitions.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #3
RABAUKE
Rear Admiral
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Fake news, it was all Trump.....
Appreciate 2
anglo14889.00
cliverman361.50

12-16-2017, 06:30 PM   #4
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240ix

Is this the Russian collusion that I've been informed is going to end Trumps Presidency?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 06:39 PM   #5
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Just because I enjoy observing your investigative prowess anglo ...

I'm going to tell you secret ... shhh ... don't tell!
The Mueller investigation, as currently structured, CANNOT ensnare President Trump! That's right, right now, Trump is safe. And, as long as Trump doesn't say anything (further) that's stupid, he's going to be just fine. So as long as Fox, Hannity, you, and the rest of Team Orange keep cool, you're going to be just fine. Easy right? Ok, now keep that hush-hush! Don't tell the liberals!
Because otherwise those liberals might goad you into posting a bunch of ridiculous shit that amps up Trump.

Who totally doesn't watch 7-8 hours of TV per day which we know because he tweeted so after a TV report that he watches too much TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 11:49 AM   #6
Taskmaster
Major General
Japan
Rep
Drives: E92 LCI Msport 6 Speed

Old news, also the deal was passed through multiple federal departments.
Basically the deal was legitimate, but the was possibly some shady dealings - and none of it implicated Obama or Hillary.

But what does this have to do with Trump being shit?
And why are you here, I thought you were leaving?
      12-18-2017, 12:18 PM   #7
insanecoder
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

If the news is that the Russians were bribing people, I hate to say but its modus operandi in nearly all places in the world (I used to say a long long time ago ..excluding the USA but that simply wasnt true either cause bribery was going on here forever its just not tolerated as much here.. we make up fancy tolerable terms like "lobbyists" lol)
its disgusting its not fair but its modus operandi

If bribery is what they are calling collusion then our "government" has been colluding with hundreds of foreign governments (bribed our reps) for a long time now
how about Saudi Arabia?
how about Israel for heaven sake?
..on and on..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #8
Real Dodger
Texan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
See Shep Smith thread.
      12-18-2017, 01:29 PM   #9
anglo
Banned
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
If the news is that the Russians were bribing people, I hate to say but its modus operandi in nearly all places in the world (I used to say a long long time ago ..excluding the USA but that simply wasnt true either cause bribery was going on here forever its just not tolerated as much here.. we make up fancy tolerable terms like "lobbyists" lol)
its disgusting its not fair but its modus operandi

If bribery is what they are calling collusion then our "government" has been colluding with hundreds of foreign governments (bribed our reps) for a long time now
how about Saudi Arabia?
how about Israel for heaven sake?
..on and on..
And you wondered why Trump referred to the Democrat candidate as Crooked Hillary?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2017, 04:44 PM   #10
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Reopening the case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

"On the orders of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Justice Department prosecutors have begun asking FBI agents to explain the evidence they found in a now dormant criminal investigation into a controversial uranium deal that critics have linked to Bill and Hillary Clinton, multiple law enforcement officials told NBC News."

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 10:30 PM   #11
anglo
Banned
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Reopening the case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

"On the orders of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Justice Department prosecutors have begun asking FBI agents to explain the evidence they found in a now dormant criminal investigation into a controversial uranium deal that critics have linked to Bill and Hillary Clinton, multiple law enforcement officials told NBC News."
Nice.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #12
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I say oooooo uh ooooo, domino.

Circa/NYP

'There’s an indictment in the FBI probe of the Uranium One scandal, in which the Obama administration cleared a business deal that gave a Russian company control of 20 percent of the US uranium industry.

A grand jury brought 11 counts of money laundering and wire fraud against Mark Lambert, the former head of a Maryland transportation company.

Lambert allegedly tried to bribe an official at a subsidiary of Russia’s State Atomic Energy Corp.

The indictment, handed up in Maryland, says Lambert tried to conceal the payments with the code words “lucky figures,” “lucky numbers” and “cake.”
Lambert’s aim was to win contracts to ship uranium to the US.

The federal investigation grew from charges that the Obama administration covered up an FBI probe of the uranium business — and thus allowed the Russian firm Tenex to buy a stake in Uranium One, a Canadian company that mines uranium in Wyoming and elsewhere.'

Hey Mark. Eyes in back of your head or you could end up hanging yourself from a rubber band.
      01-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #13
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Ok, so this is FAKE NEWS right? Because if the FBI says it, it's all BS, plus Russia would never anything meanie to the US. That Putin ... he's like our favorite uncle!

Right?

Because otherwise the story here is that the FBI collects facts, follows them to where they lead, provides those facts to US Attorneys who convene Grand Juries of US citizens who review the FBI evidence, and then decide whether to indict or not. And if they indict, then the accused get a jury trial.

And if THAT'S true, then it's almost like the US Justice System is fact-based rather than driven by 4th grade-level cheerleading??

And that would be odd because reading most of your posts it would seem 4th grade thinking is the new adult behavioral standard ...

* NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR! LOOK WHAT THEY DID!

* NOT MY FAULT! IT'S THEM! IT'S THEM!

* THEY STARTED IT!

WAIT! I get it!

You're purposely mimicking Fox News 4th grade behavior as an ironic commentary on modern life with a Fox News President!

Well done!

Quote:
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 3
minn192492.00
vtown30.50

01-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #14
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

What thread are you in? Layoff the full throttle spazomatic every once in awhile. It's getting stale.
MKSixer6665.00

01-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #15
wrecked2001
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i Msport/Imperial Blue

How long do you think this administration can point back at the previous administration with this "what about them" trope?
Appreciate 1
vtown30.50

01-16-2018, 01:19 PM   #16
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 GT350, 16 F150, 16 428 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
What thread are you in? Layoff the full throttle spazomatic every once in awhile. It's getting stale.
His post does have some sense. Haven't you posted that the FBI/DOJ are corrupt or something along those lines in regarding the Russia investigations. In that vein you can't have it both ways, which is one of the numerous problems with Trump and his supporters attacking them as such. They are either corrupt or not no matter who the the target of an investigation is.

By the way there are "charges" against the Obama administration for covering up the probe? Are thought the story went that the FBI didn't even tell them there was a probe.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #17
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
His post does have some sense. Haven't you posted that the FBI/DOJ are corrupt or something along those lines in regarding the Russia investigations. In that vein you can't have it both ways, which is one of the numerous problems with Trump and his supporters attacking them as such. They are either corrupt or not no matter who the the target of an investigation is.

By the way there are "charges" against the Obama administration for covering up the probe? Are thought the story went that the FBI didn't even tell them there was a probe.
This is a very old investigation which was shelved for political reasons. Mr. Trump is dragging them back into doing their job: Enforcing the law.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM46298.50

01-16-2018, 01:28 PM   #18
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^ yes, his post has value, but this is the uranium one thread. I've never pissed on the FBI as a unit. I've pissed on the individual rotten apples within.
Gg is an intelligent fella but I'm not going to just sit back after being called a 4th grader.

For the 50th Time!
If substantiated criminal charges are made against ANYONE on team Trump...GOOD.
Waiting:

01-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #19
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
This is a very old investigation which was shelved for political reasons. Mr. Trump is dragging them back into doing their job: Enforcing the law.
Then what if they don't have enough to prosecute this time? Still corrupt etc?

If they did something wrong by all means get em, both in the previous admin and internally in the FBI/DOJ, but I am skeptical.

You talk about the Red Scare. Republicans have Clinton Scare and are obsessed the way some are obsessed over Trump. That definitely goes both ways.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 01:31 PM   #20
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
^ yes, his post has value, but this is the uranium one thread. I've never pissed on the FBI as a unit. I've pissed on the individual rotten apples within.
Gg is an intelligent fella but I'm not going to just sit back after being called a 4th grader.

For the 50th Time!
If actual crime/charges are made against ANYONE on team Trump...GOOD.
Waiting:
I don't know if I agree with you here based on previous posts, but if you say so I do ultimately agree. If that makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 01:34 PM   #21
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Fair. Absolutely possible I bad mouthed the unit. I get frothy too. But I shouldn't have, if I did.
There are many good people in Washington. You just have to be patient to notice.

Edit: before I'm blasted for not being patient re trump. Waiting. If this is still active come summer then something is amuck.

Last edited by gonzo; 01-16-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Appreciate 2
minn192492.00

01-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #22
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
That's fair.

EDIT: you gotta remember that 90% of the shit I post is dual-screen stream of consciousness so ... I'm just riffing, it's not all gonna be gold. 98%? Sure. but there'll be a few stinkers in there. My point is, I'm not thinking too hard about tone and stuff and sometimes I get out of hand.

But it all comes from a place of of love.

Quote:

Last edited by GrussGott; 01-16-2018 at 10:36 PM.
Appreciate 0