BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

03-22-2014, 04:42 AM   #45
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Nice one Neil. Are these now doing the rounds of BMW dealers or is it only at Park Lane because that's owned by BMW?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 07:10 AM   #46
Bob Santorini
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Can't wait to see these in the metal

Bob
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #47
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Power79 View Post
Apparently... i thought it wasn't...
Me too.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 04:52 AM   #48
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gins
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck360198 View Post
That god damn nav screen completely ruins this car for me. It's so petty I know but it's such an eyesore and feels like a complete afterthought.
After living with the "new" Nav screen for a year (and coming from an E92), the new style is definitely better, and better from a functional standpoint. Makes the dash lower, overall. No glare, and positioned higher up in your line-of-sight, which is a good thing.

You really wanna see a mess, google the new C-class Nav screen. You'll be grateful BMW did such a nice job on the F3x/F8x.
This!
I wasn't a fan of the new navi location either simply because it looks like an eye sore but I've never used it first hand. Nice to hear good comments. Let's just say this. I'll live with the new navi screens over the e9x cup holder design any day. Epic fail
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 06:56 AM   #49
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Neil, noting your feedback on the full leather option - I'm really in two minds about this and currently haven't spec'd it.

My M6 has full leather and it's utterly fabulous, but it really is 'full' the Alcantara headlining makes much of the ambience. In the the M3, the lower parts of the doors remain plastic and in the pictures, I see a clear line where the leather is stuck/stitched to the door (so the leather stands proud of the underlying plastic door, so it looks 'stuck on'). No such issues on the bigger M where everything is leather so, is this noticeable in real life in the M3? Finally, spending £3k on the M3/4 option and getting the standard BMW headlining grates somewhat!

Ultimately, unlike the M6 where I went balls-out on spec, I'm going to be more sensible (lol) with this car and as such I'm only going for one big-ticket item.

It's a toss up between full leather and ceramics....after having the latter on my M6, the M ceramics are outstanding. Going from my M6 to M135i, I find the M135i feels under-braked (it's not, but that's how it feels after the M6). The M3's standard brakes are essentially the same as the M135i (just a little bigger) and whilst they'll be brilliant compered to previous M3 brakes, they'll probably always feel inferior as I switch between the cars.

Do I ever really benefit from the braking performance in the M6? Of course not, but it's more about how they feel, they look awesome and the lack of brake dust is very handy. I do a few track days where I'm nothing but an amateur (at best) so I never do anything too stressful on the cars' components - despite this, standard brakes always end up grumbling and are rarely the same afterwards yet ceramics just soak up my limited ability (just need to stay out of gravel!).

Choices choices....1st world problems eh!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #50
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
Neil, noting your feedback on the full leather option - I'm really in two minds about this and currently haven't spec'd it.

My M6 has full leather and it's utterly fabulous, but it really is 'full' the Alcantara headlining makes much of the ambience. In the the M3, the lower parts of the doors remain plastic and in the pictures, I see a clear line where the leather is stuck/stitched to the door (so the leather stands proud of the underlying plastic door, so it looks 'stuck on'). No such issues on the bigger M where everything is leather so, is this noticeable in real life in the M3? Finally, spending £3k on the M3/4 option and getting the standard BMW headlining grates somewhat!

Ultimately, unlike the M6 where I went balls-out on spec, I'm going to be more sensible (lol) with this car and as such I'm only going for one big-ticket item.

It's a toss up between full leather and ceramics....after having the latter on my M6, the M ceramics are outstanding. Going from my M6 to M135i, I find the M135i feels under-braked (it's not, but that's how it feels after the M6). The M3's standard brakes are essentially the same as the M135i (just a little bigger) and whilst they'll be brilliant compered to previous M3 brakes, they'll probably always feel inferior as I switch between the cars.

Do I ever really benefit from the braking performance in the M6? Of course not, but it's more about how they feel, they look awesome and the lack of brake dust is very handy. I do a few track days where I'm nothing but an amateur (at best) so I never do anything too stressful on the cars' components - despite this, standard brakes always end up grumbling and are rarely the same afterwards yet ceramics just soak up my limited ability (just need to stay out of gravel!).

Choices choices....1st world problems eh!
Hi Andrew,
I think if you are to choose one pricey option, it would have to be the ceramics, over the leather. The M4 is to be a drivers car, and the brakes will be far more worthy of your money, than the leather trim, all imho of course, and im certainly not trying to preach to you, just offering an opinion. I feel somewhat in your camp at the moment, albeit a different way around. Ive just sold my M5 at the end of last year, and am awaiting the arrival of my M135i, which is due next week, which i plan to run until the M4 Comp pack makes an appearance, and then jump into that, if things go my way. Im pretty excited about the M135i though, and i know it is no M4.M5.M6, but i got very hot under the collar on various test drives in the car, and am looking forward to the size, and nimble ability, the car posseses. Are you parting with the M6, for the M4 ?, regards, SIMON.

Last edited by Simon H; 03-23-2014 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #51
hyperboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Boxster Corvette M5C

OP's cars are all AW lol.
I really like the full leather look. from previous posts and this, the alcantara headliner is not avaible?
21 M5C DD|21 M550 xDrive|05 E46M3 race car 6SPD|2019 2LT Corvette GS 7SPD track car|22 Tundra SR5 TRD Sport|19 Q7 V6 & 22 Q7 2.0T|20 G63|19 Vantage 4.0TT|22 Boxster 25 Year 6SPD sold|08 Porsche Cayman 5SPD sold|18 R8 RWS sold|Many previous cars
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #52
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Thanks Simon, everything you say makes sense

You'll love the M135i - if I'm honest, unless the road is straight and smooth, I reckon I can drive the M-Lite quicker than my M6. It's much more nimble, and whilst it's body does roll around more, it seems to soak up the undulations of a typical British B-road much more competently (no doubt due to being nearly 1/2 tonne lighter!). If I expected the M6 to be fun in the same vein as the M135i, I'd be sorely disappointed with it - ultimately, the smaller car is much more 'fun' whereas the M6 is one the best GT's I've experienced.

For pottering around the UK...the M135i is probably the 'better' car and it certainly makes a mockery of the M6's price point. For my trip to Berlin in a couple of weeks....well, we know which one will be best at that! Which ultimately means I end up using my M6 in scenarios where it's at it's best for about 5% of the year

Yet despite all that, the M3 is replacing the M135i. One doesn't buy a brand new M6 and get out of it in 6 months unless you're a person who gets their kicks from setting money on fire And the M3 will be my other halfs daily driver....bless her, she doesn't know what car she's driving from one month to the next
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 05:44 AM   #53
M8 JTD
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d & 718 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 JTD View Post
I now have a case reference open with BMW UK customer services – I’ll post as soon as I hear anything back.

Regards,
Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK6 View Post
Superb, thanks very much

Hi all,

I have some good news - A definitive answer from BMW UK regarding the white contrast being standard on both (LKSW “Extended” & X3SW “Full”) black Merino leather interiors.

Thank you for your email dated March 19, 2014.

I can confirm that contrast white stitching is available with black Extended Leather and Full Merino Leather on the BMW M4. Therefore, should you have ordered one of the mentioned Leather options, then the vehicle will be manufactured with white contrast stitching.

Once again, thank you for contacting BMW UK. I trust this information gives you the clarity you required. Should you require my attention in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

BMW Group UK”
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2014, 06:16 AM   #54
UK6
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 & 330e

Thanks again, good news.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #55
Nicholas@ModeCarbon
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 l W204 C63

Awesome! Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #56
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

Hello Niel,
Great pictures and glad to see even got one of me in the background behind the M4 (Brown jacket).
It was a great night and Park Lane hosted very well on all accounts.
M3 for me all the way....

Good to meet you too.

Jamie