ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

10-09-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
6SPD GOD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP 6SP

Exclamation Outdoors Vehicle Care

I'm currently looking into purchasing some kind of outdoors car cover. My F82 will be sleeping outside while the garage and house is re-designed. It will be a period of 3-5 months.

Does anyone know a US distributor for foldable car covers? I love the design; however, I haven't been able to find any distributors.

Located in Orange County, CA

[/img]

Last edited by 6SPD GOD; 02-07-2018 at 12:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
raywai2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

This might be more than what you asked for but it's pretty cool.

http://carcapsule.com/showcase-order
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #3
6SPD GOD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by raywai2 View Post
This might be more than what you asked for but it's pretty cool.

http://carcapsule.com/showcase-order
Thats a great start!

My only problem is that it must be easy to move and not fly away. Our home has a 8 car driveway; however, its more like a drag strip Only one car at a time.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #4
krotondo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW/Full SO M3 ZCP

Aliexpress, or alibaba
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #5
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gforgold View Post
I'm currently looking into purchasing some kind of outdoors car cover. My F82 will be sleeping outside while the garage and house is re-designed. It will be a period of 3-5 months.

Does anyone know a US distributor for foldable car covers? I love the design; however, I haven't been able to find any distributors.

Located in Orange County, CA

I'm sorry, maybe I don't understand the point here... Is your car really that much of a spectacle that sitting outside for a few weeks is an issue? Do you not park your car outside when you go to say, the mall, grocery store, etc?

Sounds like if there is any concern at all, a very good detail would probably be more cost-effective, less headache, and then you don't have some sort of product that you have to store or re-sell when your garage is back up and running.

And are you considering the nuisance of putting on and taking off the cover every time you use the car? I'm sure the BMW car cover would more than adequately suit your needs.

They do sell covered aluminum structures for the same price as the aforementioned "bubbles" above
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 07:03 PM   #6
6SPD GOD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTDR1V View Post
I'm sorry, maybe I don't understand the point here... Is your car really that much of a spectacle that sitting outside for a few weeks is an issue? Do you not park your car outside when you go to say, the mall, grocery store, etc?

Sounds like if there is any concern at all, a very good detail would probably be more cost-effective, less headache, and then you don't have some sort of product that you have to store or re-sell when your garage is back up and running.

And are you considering the nuisance of putting on and taking off the cover every time you use the car? I'm sure the BMW car cover would more than adequately suit your needs.

They do sell covered aluminum structures for the same price as the aforementioned "bubbles" above

Having a foldable structure such as the one pictured would solve many of my problems. For now a cover is the only solution until I find a more suitable alternative.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 07:06 AM   #7
M3NDOZA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Overkill. But I have seen car covers or canopy?s at harbor freight. Around $100.
Appreciate 0