EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #155
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
You'd think that I've been busy driving... but actually work is kicking my ass. But the car is amazing... although, i've been taking it easy during break-in.
Atta boy! Congrats!
      08-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #156
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
Finally! Awesome and glad to hear one of us in the VDC waiting mob is having success.

Meanwhile back at my corral just got a message from Sales Manager today that my car will not even be worked on until next Monday 8/11 so looking at delivery later next week at best. This will be 3.5 weeks since arriving at Port. It turns out since my car had shipping damage and needed to have entire front bumper replaced this was the primary reason all along for the long wait.

I am not sure whether the part had to be ordered from Germany or they are just that backed up but I have filed a complaint with BMWNA about all the runaround and bad status information to open a case. I am supposed to call back when I get my car ultimately delivered for resolution. I will reserve either my disgust or pleasure in the resolution once this is all over and will give BMWNA an opportunity to make this right. Meanwhile I will continue to enjoy my Chrysler 200 Enterprise rental special that I have been paying for last 2 weeks. Dont know what is worse the wait or having to drive this horrible car...Stay tuned
Sorry about your car, man. Hang in there! I'm still waiting for confirmation about what caused the delay of my car. We couldn't find any damage on the car except for a tiny depression in the plastic door panel near the passenger's seat. The only reason I found it was because I was looking for it and it happend to reflect light differently on that one little spot. The dent looks like it came from the seatbelt buckle getting caught between the seat and the door when it was closed. It is about the size of this ---> Honestly, I would never in my life have seen it if I wasn't looking for it. They said a door panel was supposed to be replaced... I told my CA if this is it, then leave it alone... not risking rattles in the door by tearing it apart. Not only was the dent tiny and hard to see, but it was also in a place I would never see it anyway.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 04:14 AM   #157
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
They said a door panel was supposed to be replaced... I told my CA if this is it, then leave it alone... not risking rattles in the door by tearing it apart. Not only was the dent tiny and hard to see, but it was also in a place I would never see it anyway.
Are you CRAZY? Surely you deserve a new car! You bought a new car and then it wasn't perfect so someone owes you a new car. Haha! Seems to be a trend lately so I applaud your levelheaded-ness. The seatbelt will get stuck between the door panel and the seat a million times within the first month. No use worrying about something so stupid and looking like "that guy" to BMWNA arguing with them. Enjoy the car @Wah. You've waited for it long enough!