Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

08-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #45
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
I don't know if it would be faster but the faster the track is the better the M4 would fare I would imagine.
I would somewhat agree with this statement.

1. If it was Monza or Hockenheim, outcome would be different than this circuit. The circuit like this , Silverstone or maybe Suzuka, 911 would be most likely beneficial over M4.

2. Starting 11 second into the circuit, 911 enters hairpin faster. That was no surprise. I think time lost on M4 was justified on that part.

3. Into 22-28 second (church) , I was little disappointed on M4's outcome. It lost way more time than what I imagined.

4. 32-36. Predictable. M4 was faster due to high torque.

5. Entry to Rocket (40sec) was good, but exit 48 sec was another surprise.

6. 0:58 is another area I was surprised that driver had to correct that much.

Conclusion: Type(s) of Tires, pressure, track temp can be a huge factor as well. I was expecting 0.4-0.7sec difference on this specific circuit. However, road cars rely so much on mechanical grip that even a slightly off pressure or different tires can bring totally different outcome.

If those guys has a 20 laps to test out and gather optimal data for those 2 specific vehicles, I believe M4 would've been much closer than 1.4sec difference they had.

*btw, i am just talking out of my pure speculations*
Appreciate 0