proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-26-2017, 07:00 AM   #177
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline408 View Post
The packages absolutely affect used value! We just don't know the % the ZCP ones will bring in a few years.

I'm one of those guys that refuse to buy a new M (made the mistake with my E46 M3) I buy a lightly used enthusiast owned model and will pay extra for the packages that I want. I looked at a lot of cars, and the ones w/o executive or adaptive suspenders goes for less than the ones with. In my research the 6MT also sells for less than the DCT.

So yeah, in a few years if i'm looking for another M3, I will gladly pay extra for a ZCP version.
Of course the packages affect re-sale value, but generally you are getting pennies on the dollar. A fully loaded (exec, DCT, ZCP, full leather, etc) preowned car may fetch $5k more than a stripped down model with little/no options but you are only recouping a fraction of the cost paid for those options when new.

This, as you mentioned, is one of the biggest advantages of buying preowned vs new. You can load up on options you otherwise may not get if buying new because the price differential is so small.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 07:28 AM   #178
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Of course the packages affect re-sale value, but generally you are getting pennies on the dollar. A fully loaded (exec, DCT, ZCP, full leather, etc) preowned car may fetch $5k more than a stripped down model with little/no options but you are only recouping a fraction of the cost paid for those options when new.

This, as you mentioned, is one of the biggest advantages of buying preowned vs new. You can load up on options you otherwise may not get if buying new because the price differential is so small.
Thanks for the affirmation. That's what I've been saying all along. I have no problem with the ZCP package, I'm not one of those claiming that the improvements are placebo. It's just not worth the money to someone like me. If I was tracking the car, sure. I'm usually driving to the gym or to get food, not much competition driving needed for those.

I will say that if the option to get the 19 inch rims was available when I bought my car, I may have checked the box.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 10:51 AM   #179
HighlyMedicated
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m340ix

No one pointed out that you can negotiate with the dealership for a lower price? My sticker was little under 86k, i got the car down to less than 81k... also 6500/60 months if you are getting a 5 year finance is barely 108 a month...if 108 hurts you im sure close to 1000 for car and insurance or more will be much worse! Get any pkg, Just drive and nothing else will matter!

ZCP definitely feels better than my old M4 but if coming from a non M4 any model will feel amazing. Going for zcp as your first M, well you got lucky we had no option for us 2014 buyers! Drove a friends E92 before the first M4 and was not impressed at all! Just becareful if going too fast it will understeer you into disaster! Bmw went all out when bringing out the 4 series models. Difference in stiffness sure but I daily drive in downtown LA with 20's, went over a good amount of potholes and its been holding up fine, no complaints about stiffness, to me I know its stiff. I don't even think or try to compare with my old M4, everything seems better, even bluetooth is better and apple carplay comes in handy. Flooring out of 1st gear to 2nd on a sharp turn never made my body press into the seat like the zcp. Maybe only 19hp on paper but it feels much faster then that! Leased so i can get new every 3 years so I got the tire and wheel pkg so I wouldn't worry about the 20's. Doesn't gt3 have 20's to just clear brake calipers? So i wouldnt talk much about performance from the tire size!! Added mods this time cause I wanted the M to be more speedy as I was so used to the old one!! Expenses are pricey the bigger you go, got two new rears from nails cost me $50 at bmw, receipt from bmw without pkg is $850! Ouch, but you will have fun everyday!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 12:57 PM   #180
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson6594 View Post

I'm usually driving to the gym or to get food, not much competition driving needed for those.
See that's where you're wrong. There's no way those fuckers are getting into the parking lot before me.

2nd Place is the first loser bitches! haHA!
Appreciate 1