EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

01-20-2018, 10:18 AM   #23
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSurgeon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
I could be labeled a rude driver. Here's what happens.

I'm in the right lane getting ready to exit. I'm behind a slow driver. I put on my blinker, check to make sure the slow car in front of me doesn't have their blinker on. Sweeeet, all clear. I enter the exit lane, downshift and hit the gas. Wait a minute, the car in front of me (now to the left of me and only slightly in front) turns on their blinker and simultaneously starts to head into my lane. So, I hit the brakes to give them room. They finally notice me, so they then turn their blinker off and pull back over left. I wait a few seconds, and then continue to (quickly) pass them and exit. 50% of the time when I look back I get the finger. This exact thing happens several times a month.

And I'm rude?!! I wonder how many of us are perceived as rude for similar encounters.

My favorite BMW marketing sentences was "BMW, for those that take driving seriously, and to peacefully co-exist with those that don't"

I live in Austin and we have some of the most ridiculous drivers on the planet.
The amount of people that drive slow in the left lane has turned into an epidemic. And the morons don't realize it is illegal. SO when I have to flash my lights or tail them to move the right, I am the "asshole" in the M4....
Yup. So much traffic would be eliminated if people kept the left lane for passing only.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 03:08 PM   #24
azn_fcuk
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4, X6MC, AMG GT Pro

haters always hating.....
Appreciate 0